Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just four games from being the Messiah !!!

+10
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
scottjames30
wessy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The celebrations at the final whistle were like we'd just put ourselves right in the frame for the play-offs. We've seen performances like today's before, that didn't prove to be turning points, so I don't know how people can get excited. It was a lot like the Doncaster match earlier in the season.
Even the poorest teams have days like today, where everyone does their job for once and they get the breaks they usually wouldn't. Getting results consistently is completely different.
It doesn't help that Dougie isn't one to opt for stability where it's needed. The biggest positive of the game was obviously the Juke/Mason partnership. It wouldn't be un-Freedman-like if they were both on the bench next week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:The celebrations at the final whistle were like we'd just put ourselves right in the frame for the play-offs. We've seen performances like today's before, that didn't prove to be turning points, so I don't know how people can get excited. It was a lot like the Doncaster match earlier in the season.
Even the poorest teams have days like today, where everyone does their job for once and they get the breaks they usually wouldn't. Getting results consistently is completely different.
It doesn't help that Dougie isn't one to opt for stability where it's needed. The biggest positive of the game was obviously the Juke/Mason partnership. It wouldn't be un-Freedman-like if they were both on the bench next week.

I don't think anyone is sayinf "Premiership here we come" but be fair mate, it's been a long time since we performed that well and I think we had a right to cheer at the end don't you? If anything the poor showings we've had recently made this all the sweeter. I don't rate Dougie at all personally but fair play to the man, today he got it right and so did the players. 

Will they do the same against Rovers next week? No idea, possibly not but for tonight I just want to enjoy one evening where we had a great game, no one really played badly and we got three well deserved points. Come on buddy, lighten up and enjoy the moment. God knows they're few and far between for Trotters right now.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy Very Happy 

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think that's a bit unfair Dan, I think the main reason why our fans cheered so loudly at the final whistle, was that our fans realised, that our players aren't so bad afterall, providing they are played in their best formation and I think it was a huge relief to those fans, including myself that stayed until the final whistle.

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Jukes performance today was the best from a forward leading the  line since SKD in his prime, he won 95% of headers, flick ons, linked up well with Mason, got battered by their defenders, lasted 90mins and SCORED
New hero in the making?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:4-4-2 is the way forward. I've been saying it for weeks.

And you keep saying it, at home it works, nothing less for the future.

To be fair, it's not just about playing two up front, you've gotta have the right balance of midfielders, which we didn't start the match with. We played two strikers a number of times earlier in the season, but it was hopeless because it was always at the expense of good attacking options in midfield, which was the case today.

I can't for the life of me understand how Pratley is still getting in the team, especially over Danns who is probably our most reliable player.
The match only really took off for us when Danns came on for Pratley, a change Freedman was forced into making.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dann's has much more technical ability and skill, I can't understand Pratley getting in the team before Dann's either.

Dann's was class when he came on, his skills are right up there.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Oh, so we all rate Mason now do we......?

Because he's scored a goal?

Now that's fuckin' fickle for you......
No. Maybe the fickle fans should see what Mason can do, in a different formation, before booing him, before kickoff.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:

No. Maybe the fickle fans should see what Mason can do, in a different formation, before booing him, before kickoff.

Please tell me nobody booed Mason.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

Yes. When the teams were read out at the beginning of the game, some fans booed him and that was in the WSL!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

Yes. When the teams were read out at the beginning of the game, some fans booed him and that was in the WSL!
Unfortunately I heard that too. After a match if he played crap then fair enough but to boo him before the game had even started was well out of order in my humble opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum