Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+29
doffcocker
CAMPO
terenceanne
White84
Angry Dad
bryan458
aaron_bwfc
observer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
rammywhite
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 10:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the substitution of Hall for Baptiste did change the game, it gave Wigan licence to pile forward as we had less of an attacking outlet once Hall went off. We just invited pressure with Baptiste just sitting in front of the back four and if it wasn't for a fantastic save we would have lost that game.

Dougie is to blame for that because he can't still thinks we can sit back and defend a lead when everyone else knows we can't

122Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:01

The goal was pretty much their only meaningful attack in the second half. Its so ply not ttppprue to say the game changed and Wigan bombarded us. I know its far from definitive but take a look at the text commentary for instance - 

88:00Goal scored
Goal!Goal! Bolton Wanderers 1, Wigan Athletic 1. Nick Powell (Wigan Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Martyn Waghorn.

86:56
Offside, Bolton Wanderers. Alan Hutton tries a through ball, but Jermaine Beckford is caught offside.

86:36
Attempt missed. André Moritz (Bolton Wanderers) left footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the right.

86:20
SubstitutionSubstitution, Bolton Wanderers. Jermaine Beckford replaces Lukas Jutkiewicz.

84:55
BookingJean Beausejour (Wigan Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

84:47
Foul by Jean Beausejour (Wigan Athletic).

84:47
Medo (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

83:06
Attempt blocked. Jay Spearing (Bolton Wanderers) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

83:02
Attempt blocked. André Moritz (Bolton Wanderers) left footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Alan Hutton.

82:06
Callum McManaman (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

82:06
Foul by Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers).

82:00
Attempt blocked. Jay Spearing (Bolton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by André Moritz.

81:32
Corner, Bolton Wanderers. Conceded by Leon Barnett.

81:02
Foul by Leon Barnett (Wigan Athletic).

81:02
Lukas Jutkiewicz (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

78:48
Substitution, Bolton Wanderers. Alex Baptiste replaces Liam Trotter

123Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:14

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:There seems to be a few people saying Dougie's subs weren't to blame for the draw, so let's turn this around - over the course of this season how many times have Dougie's substitutions turned a game in our favour?
Zero,none,nada and how many games have we lost that should have been won but for his stubborness to stick with 4-5-1 ?

124Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:40

Off the top of my head I remember, N'gog coming on and getting a last minute equaliser against Middlesborough. Going 5 at the back also helped us see out good results away at Derby and Birmingham. Looking at the bench yesterday we didn't have another attacking player to bring on if we wanted to it was either Baptiste, Robinson, Kellet or Threlkeld. Or leave a nackered Hall, Juke or Trotter on. Wigan grabbed an equaliser with a great finish, against the run of play and then nearly nicked it when Baptiste put in another mindless challenge.

125Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:58

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

126Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 12:39

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Baptiste, holding midfield player???????, FFS he can't even play right back properly, DF stand for DUMB FUCK!!!!!!!!!

127Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DDDD JORDI GOMEZ DDDD JORDI GOMEZ.

128Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 12:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Off the top of my head I remember, N'gog coming on and getting a last minute equaliser against Middlesborough. Going 5 at the back also helped us see out good results away at Derby and Birmingham.

You clearly don't understand "turning the game in our favour".

We didn't beat Boro or Derby, and the Birmingham game was won before Dougie made any subs.

129Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we played well yesterday considering our 4-5-1 formation. We caused Wigan loads of problems and but for the performance of Al-Habsi we could have won by two or three goals.

Trotter still doesn't look match fit and I would have played Moritz instead of him. Hutton's loan deal ended yesterday so let's hope we can renegotiate to keep him until the end of the season.

Bogdan kept us in it with the penalty save. It would have been a travesty had we lost.

I don't follow Twitter but Danns allegedly tweeted that he was knackered hence why he didn't play. Mark Davies and Joe Mason have a bug apparently.

130Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I think most who looked at the team sheet before kick-off had the same reaction....WTF is this bloke doing again.

Everyone worked hard....there is no complaint about the players effort from me.  The Fookup is the negative tactics.  The game was crying out for a second striker ....in the second half even the commentator at the game said the Duke was visable tired.....
What does the haggis man do.....wait till the 85th minute to bring on Beckford. So he brings on Baps to protect a lead.....WTF is the point at this stage of the season.....Wigan were wide open at some points and could have been put to bed.... I don't know....again good work the lads but they are hampered IMO.

Why can't you see that the tactics worked for us today? Hitting Wigan on the counter made us far more threatening than them, it's nothing to do with being negative it's just having a game plan and executing it which went very well.

The game wasn't calling out for a second striker at all, Hall and Lee supported Juke superbly during the match as did Moritz when he came on (Trotter was a weak link). Are you seriously questioning the point of protecting a lead? We needed fresh legs on and Baptiste is a defensive minded player who can come on and provide some cover.

I don't get your attitude, the manager and players perform well yet you try your hardest to find a way of saying he fucked up. The game plan was obvious as was it's success.

You a entitled to your opinion which is fair enough.  However reading the majority of the posters on here seem to be in agreement with me. Therefore it's not just me that thinks this way...... you are more or less on your own with your Doogie support. Would you admit to that ?

IMO this bloke has cost us a spot in the top half and possibly that 6th slot. Lately it seemed like he came to his senses and we proved that these players can kill half the teams in this division....but no he's gone back to daft tatics.

131Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Juke worked his socks off but you could tell he was flagging. I would have brought Beckford on sooner and given Juke a rest.

132Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

IMO this bloke has cost us a spot in the top half and possibly that 6th slot. Lately it seemed like he came to his senses and we proved that these players can kill half the teams in this division....but no he's gone back to daft tatics.

Too right. Despite an awful season we are still only 15 points off the play-offs! It just shows that if Freedman had been more positive we could easily have had an average season and finished inside the top 6.

I don't understand anyone defending Freedman as there is absolutely zero evidence he has any sort of long term plan. I absolutely guarantee you that we'll be no better off this time next season, the Dougie lovers will still be bleating on about the future.

133Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And I should add, if Danns really didn't play because he was "exhausted" then he should never play again. He's supposed to be a fucking professional athlete, he honestly can't run around for 180 minutes in a 7 day period?

Absolutely pathetic.

134Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:And I should add, if Danns really didn't play because he was "exhausted" then he should never play again. He's supposed to be a fucking professional athlete, he honestly can't run around for 180 minutes in a 7 day period?

Absolutely pathetic.

Perhaps our Twitter fans can confirm the Tweet from Danns? I was told yesterday that Danns tweeted that he was knackered but it could just be a nonsense rumour.

135Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you imagine Nat Lofthouse ever saying he was too tired to play twice in a week - and he probably had another job as well!

Ponces.

136Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 15:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Danns had a thigh strain according to Marc Iles.

A bloke I sit next to at the reebok was in the hospitality seats for the Rovers game a few weeks back, he stayed for a few drinks at the ground until about 10pm, as he was waiting for a lift home dougie and his wife walked past him. He just said to freedman as he walked past in jest, why didn't you play 442 since you arrived all the time - to which he got a simple reply back of '' because I inherited a side with Ngog and Sordell''.

137Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Mar 30 2014, 19:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What Dougie thought -

138Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 09:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon:
Al Habsi didn't keep Wigan in the game - our chances weren't that clear cut, mainly shots from distance and although Ali was diving about for the cameras I think any goalie would have been gutted if they'd let any of our efforts in. What I saw was a procession of regulation saves, mainly straight at him apart from Ream's 2nd effort. So although Dougie's 451 game plan worked brilliantly for 80 minutes there was no REAL cutting edge to our attack.  Also think selling Ali was good business at £4m seeing as he was back up for Jussi, not playing, and Boggers was being developed. Ali and Boggers both have a record of howlers so there's not much between them on that score but Boggers is younger and is good enough for the most part.
Giving Hall another chance seemed rash after his last outing, but his performance showed why he's in contention. Brave move from Dougie and I reckon Hall will stay - and hopefully push on from here. Always tricky when you give kids a chance as it showed with Josh Vela last year, but we just have to live with it or they'll never come through. Hopefully Dougie will stop worrying about relegation and try out some more before the summer. Noted that Sanmi Odelusi got himself sent off at the weekend after diving into a tackle so he's still got a bit to learn.
Giving Trotter another chance also looked rash, but it had to be done and the only positive is that we know he's not up to the pace so unless there's an incredible turn around, Dougie can strike him off the summer shopping list.
By the time Dougie made the subs we were already under the cosh and it's clear something had to be done. I get why he put Baptiste on in midfield to break play up - and to give him a chance at redemption after his previous nightmare - but he gave it away and then charged back in time to dive in rashly for the pen. Seriously questioning his future with us and that will depend on how much (if any) flexibility Dougie has in the summer transfer market. For me, it just underlines how much we've missed Tierney at LB this season as it's never a good thing to play defenders out of position. It looks like Baptiste isn't a contender for CB, and when Hutton goes back I'm hoping White has done enough to step up in which case it's difficult to see a case for keeping Baptiste, although his forward runs and goals in the early season may weigh in his favour.
The key thing about the game for me though was that Dougie was brave enough to go with 451 at home despite popular opinion and demonstrated that with pace and skill on the wings (Lee was also much improved) and a solid back 6 it can work really well - but if he's going to take that system forward we need quality full backs on both sides and the overall fitness/stamina levels need to go up another notch so that they can last the full 90 minutes at the required pace - which is where it went wrong yesterday IMO. 
Still, despite being forced to play Trotter from the start, not being clinical/incisive enough in front of goal when we were on top and tiring before the game was out a 1-1 draw was a better result than it could have been against a strong side like Wigan. How some people can predict we'll get murdered and then complain when we get a draw after what was largely a good performance doesn't make sense to me.

139Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
How some people can predict we'll get murdered and then complain when we get a draw after what was largely a good performance doesn't make sense to me.

:agree: 

140Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 12:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have just been looking at the Sky Bet Championship team of the weekend and Al Habsi won the Goalkeepers award with nine point. The only Bolton player to make the squad was Wheater with eight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum