Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you happy with the name change?

+9
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
JohannesburgWanderer
Keegan
scottjames30
doffcocker
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
13 posters

Reply to topic

Yes or No?

Are you happy with the name change? Vote_lcap65%Are you happy with the name change? Vote_rcap 65% [ 13 ]
Are you happy with the name change? Vote_lcap35%Are you happy with the name change? Vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are you happy with the name change? Empty Are you happy with the name change? Thu Apr 24 2014, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's already an active thread on the subject but I thought it might be interesting just to have a quick straw poll amongst us 'Nutters' to see what we think on the matter.

A simple yes or no will surfice unless you want to say more.

Me - I say no - simply because Reebok was 'born' in Bolton and went on to become a worldwide name.

Can't think of anything else we've ever achieved that went on to become so well known since the days of Sammy Crompton's spinning mule!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Erm...

Just cant imagine us all saying to our mates at the pub, "anybody fancy going to the Macron this weekend?"

But I am not too fussed really.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Erm...

Just cant imagine us all saying to our mates at the pub, "anybody fancy going to the Macron this weekend?"

But I am not too fussed really.
Why do I want to go shopping to Makro?...I want to go to the Reebok to watch the football!!!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok is a dying brand. You can't buy much by Reebok now that isn't trainers. It was only a matter of time before the stadium was renamed, so I wasn't a bit surprised by the news.

To me it's disappointing that it's not gonna be "the Reebok" anymore. Even my mum and sisters, to whom "the Reebok" is just another way of saying Middlebrook, seem uneasy about it.

But it's nothing worth turning down a good business deal for. Whether it's the best deal we could have got remains to be seen.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't really matter does it, it makes me laugh when I watch MOTD and Cardiff are on at home.

They play in red and the whole ground ''Cardiff fans '' wear blue , as a fuck you to Mr Tan.

It could be a lot worseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We need investment to buy better players in the summer. If a name change gets us that funds, I'm fine. That certainly won't stop me from referring to the stadium as "The Reebok". Granted, it was on my bucket list to visit The Reebok and that's screwed now...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

How much money will the name change bring us? If it brings sufficient to improve the team who gives a toss what the stadium is called!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When the stadium was named the Reebok I thought it was naff and embarrassing but I realised commercial needs had to be served so I accepted it. This is no different.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heyyy Macarena

10Are you happy with the name change? Empty Re: Are you happy with the name change? Sun Apr 27 2014, 13:24

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Was always going to happen at some point if we remained outside the Premier League, I don't care particularly about the name change but for me it should have been the New Burnden Park Reebok Stadium in the first place.

11Are you happy with the name change? Empty Re: Are you happy with the name change? Mon Apr 28 2014, 07:18

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No more Breeze Block stadium.

12Are you happy with the name change? Empty Re: Are you happy with the name change? Mon Apr 28 2014, 08:27

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

I could think of worse names.

13Are you happy with the name change? Empty Re: Are you happy with the name change? Mon Apr 28 2014, 17:29

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Only one name it should've been! 'Lion of Vienna Stadium'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum