Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your'e the boss... How do you change it?

+12
JAH
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
White84
luckyPeterpiper
bwfc71
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So, Freedman has been sacked at long last. And the phone call you have been waiting for comes through. You got the job. 

You don't have to wait long for your first match because it's on Wednesday night, away to Fulham. Your first job is to pick a team for that  game and outline your plan.

And after that, you need to decide what else you can do to turn things around...

Get started...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'd employ Natasha first thing obviously.

Problems sorted.

Next question?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd start by setting fire to Freedmans bingo machine, then let Wanderlust in the dressing room to remind the players how lucky they are to have had the chance of playing for the genius that is Freedman, after which I would send on loan any fucker that believed that shit

Ok I might end up with a couple of senior players coupled with lads from the Griffin. Ok it won't pretty, but by fuck it'll be entertaining.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd start by employing a well known all round entertainer to give the pre match team talk.
No names,no pack drill.

I honestly don't think different selections/formations is the problem. I'd drop Spearing for Medo but that's about it. The problem IMO is the style the players are being asked to play which they're either not being coached effectively or not good enough to do. They need better coaching and some good man management to build up their confidence again, somebody needs to fire these players up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hold talks with Ivan Campo, Hierro and Youri Djokaeff with regards to ambassador coaching roles in which, to start off with would involve no win and no fee payments whilst a win would mean payments and a percentage of the gate receipts, not mounting more than 1% - therefore more success more money they earn!

I would also merge the academy and first team coaching staff with Jimmy Philips taking the helm with the help of David Lee and entice back Sammy Lee.

From there I would then look at the team, goes straight into a 442 formation and start to utilise some of the academy players, thus helping to circumvent the FFP rules!!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would look at the possibility of buying The Palace Cheerleaders for half-time entertainment! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1. Put players in their best positions

2. Play like we intend to win the match rather than avoid defeat

3. Drop Moxey pronto

That's for starters.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4-4-2 for starters.Mark Davies as playmaker.Emphasize getting the ball to our best player to let him do his thing.Yesterday Spearing was bypassing Mavies he was stood hand in the air as if to say PASS ME THE FUCKING BALL.

I'd drop Moxey for Andy Kellett or Tim Ream at Left back.
Max Clayton to be sat on the bench,Iliev on the bench,.

Rebuilding starts with the youngsters.But emphasis must be to get Mavies the ball.4-5-1 never again in this division.It was Ok when SKD was up top he could hold the ball up.Joe Mason can't play on his own as has been seen at Sheff W yesterday,but when 4-4-2 got a hat trick.

Bring the young lads in get rid of the dross,put Pratley on gardening leave.

It's a start!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

White84 wrote:4-4-2 for starters.Mark Davies as playmaker.Emphasize getting the ball to our best player to let him do his thing.Yesterday Spearing was bypassing Mavies he was stood hand in the air as if to say PASS ME THE FUCKING BALL.

I'd drop Moxey for Andy Kellett or Tim Ream at Left back.
Max Clayton to be sat on the bench,Iliev on the bench,.

Rebuilding starts with the youngsters.But emphasis must be to get Mavies the ball.4-5-1 never again in this division.It was Ok when SKD was up top he could hold the ball up.Joe Mason can't play on his own as has been seen at Sheff W yesterday,but when 4-4-2 got a hat trick.

Bring the young lads in get rid of the dross,put Pratley on gardening leave.

It's a start!

Plus one to this!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lonergan
White Dervite Wheater Kellet
Reem
Spearing Mavies Danns
Mason Cravies

Lee, Feeney, Clayton, Threlkeld, Beckford, Medo, Moxey (Quite a strong bench I reckon)

Defenders = Give ball to Reem to deal with (no hoofing)
Wide: Kellet and White to bomb forward, while Reem can drop as cover
Emphasis = give ball to Mavies
Attackers = make runs, get onto through balls
Shooting = shoot on sight, every time I want 15 shots per half

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Then we bring in Phil and Gary Neville as advisors and coaches. We put Pratley on sandwich making duty along with Garvin.

Then we practice pass and move at tempo...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to cover the bases I am on a mission to turn our fortunes around through the medium of prayer.
Decided it's time to rediscover my long-lost spirituality so I am hoping to start a programme of daily meditation and service at the end of which either our results will have improved dramatically or I'll be too blissed out to be arsed about it. If I ever find myself I'll let you know. Win win.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman will have left the team in a complete mess, so there's going to be no overnight transformation.

I'd start by attempting to bring someone into the club who the fans love - Campo for example - and have him coaching the players. Bring a bit of a buzz back to the club.

Regarding the actual team I'd start by picking players in their preferred position and have some fucking balance for a change with left footed players down the left and right footed players on the right.

If I was in charge for next Saturday I'd send all the loan players back to their parent clubs and pick the following team:

Lonergan

White - Mills - Wheater (if fit) - Moxey

Feeney - Mark Davies - Spearing - Ream

Craig Davies - Beckford

Far, far from perfect but at least the team has balance. And with a bit of fucking balls this team would avoid relegation.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Having Campo around would be a massive lift. He's got a wealth of knowledge from his Real Madrid days and loves the club. I'd even have Super Kev back in some capacity as well - he personified what Bolton Wanderers was about and shouldn't have been chucked aside so readily in the first place.

All far too bold and imaginative for Gartside's way of thinking, however.

I'd go something like -

Lonergan

White - Mills - Dervite - Ream

Feeney - Mark Davies - Medo - CYL

Craig Davies - Mason

Ream on the left Nat? You've lost your mind.

Otherwise I think your suggestions are all decent.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Moxey is dog shite so who to play there?

Directed at Nat wanting him to play on the left of midfield. I'd probably play him at LB too to be honest.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numptys team looks good to me although if we had a half decent left back we could put Ream back in the middle. We really miss his passing out of defence.
Also Spearing is awful and needs to be dropped, whether the captaincy is affecting his game i don't know but i do know he has been hopeless for a long while now. His passing is  laughable for someone who came through the ranks at Liverpool.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd realise I was totally out of my depth and resign before I did any damage to this "great club". Maybe DF could learn a thing or two from me eh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum