Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

brums last stand?

+17
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Triumph
NickFazer
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
cairocuz
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 12:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a shit game, at no point did I think we would win. As soon as Birmingham got their first goal it was obvious we would let in another. We played too deep, effectively inviting them to bombard us. More shit tactics from a clueless manager, and I can't believe we're going to have to put up with another few months of this utter clown.

42brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 13:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our inability to retain any sort of possession has always been the killer for us, even going to to Megson and Coyle.

Dougie's not been able to address this, thats probably my biggest complaint with him to be honest. 

Birmingham got their tails up after the Zigic goal backed by basically a home crowd, that was the time we needed 1 or 2 cool heads in the middle who are capable of shutting a game down with intelligent possession, would have helped if Danns could hit a shot on target.

we had 2 excellent break aways led by Kellett, good pace, picked the right pass both times only for the recipient to fuck it up completely. 

Mills is a big culprit for wasteful passes, annoying player with the ball at his feet. 

liked the look of Threlkeld he was the best player on the pitch in the first half IMO.

43brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 13:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a shit game, at no point did I think we would win. As soon as Birmingham got their first goal it was obvious we would let in another. We played too deep, effectively inviting them to bombard us. More shit tactics from a clueless manager, and I can't believe we're going to have to put up with another few months of this utter clown.

For somebody that's so interested in playing the game "the modern way", he's got some pretty old-school ideas about how to defend a lead.

44brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 15:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:
I like the looks of Kellett, if he and Hall get given a good run in the side next season then their pace could really cause other teams some serious problems.

Kellett yes looks promising real pace,But what anybody sees in Hall is beyond me, he flatters to deceive always looks like he's going to do something then gets knocked off the ball, i would give him another season due to his age but he really needs to step up.

45brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 15:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a shit game, 
No it wasn't !!!!!!!!!!!! 4 goals real drama we played our part with nothing to play for, they gave everything to escape relegation and got rewarded.

Great theatre great drama on a day that could have been just a boring end of season game.

Real debate need both positive and negative views, you lambaste Dougie for his negativity yet you make him look like Muhammad Ali.

46brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 22:03

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a shit game, 
No it wasn't !!!!!!!!!!!! 4 goals real drama we played our part with nothing to play for, they gave everything to escape relegation and got rewarded.

Great theatre great drama on a day that could have been just a boring end of season game.

Real debate need both positive and negative views, you lambaste Dougie for his negativity yet you make him look like Muhammad Ali.
The first half was certainly shit! But the second half certainly wasn't! I quite enjoyed the second half, even though we did blow a 2 nil lead. I wasn't too pissed off that Brum stayed up tbh and the best entertainment of the day, was when a Brum supporter jumped up and celebrated his teams second goal in the WSL and a Bolton shirter chinned the fooker and knocked him over a seat, the fight must have lasted for at least a minute, before a dozy steward finally rescued the Brummy fan.

47brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 22:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote: I wasn't too pissed off that Brum stayed up tbh and the best entertainment of the day, was when a Brum supporter jumped up and celebrated his teams second goal in the WSL

The same happened in the upper tier, except we kept quiet, and waited for a steward to get rid.

48brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Sun May 04 2014, 22:28

doffcocker wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote: I wasn't too pissed off that Brum stayed up tbh and the best entertainment of the day, was when a Brum supporter jumped up and celebrated his teams second goal in the WSL

The same happened in the upper tier, except we kept quiet, and waited for a steward to get rid.

Hang your head in shame....

You "kept quiet".......?

You'll never get in the ultras with an attitude like that.

Up the BUM!

49brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Mon May 05 2014, 01:53

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I enjoyed the second half, I found it quite exciting for a change. Even when they equalised. In a funny sort of way I enjoyed their passion... If you get me. I think it reminded me of us scoring goals that REALLY matter, which I don't remember the last one I was properly bothered about.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

50brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Mon May 05 2014, 02:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Hang your head in shame....

You "kept quiet".......?

You'll never get in the ultras with an attitude like that.

Up the BUM!

We don't like fuss in the West Stand Upper. We're decent folk.

51brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Mon May 05 2014, 09:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:I can only hope threlkeld starts right back and kel let LB allowing ream to join Mavies and Danns as attacking midfielders with Spearing holding.

the positives I took today were Threlkeld n Kellet,

I agree. I thought Threlkeld had a very good game. He looked composed at right back and didn't put a foot wrong.

Kellet certainly has a bit of pace. At one point he broke through the middle and we were three on two. He laid the ball off to Danns who should have scored.

Both of these two have shown promise. Next season it's basically Dougie's team so it should be interesting to see how things pan out.

52brums last stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: brums last stand? Tue May 06 2014, 20:55

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:We were abysmal today, didn't look interested at all.

Rob hall was fucking terrible, looked way out of his depth. The only positive was Chungy, that was his best game of the season, he reminded us all what he can do
Totally agree, that had to on par with the worst performance of the season, reason? Tactics!! had he gone from the start with 2 strikers we would have murdered them, everyone (apart from DF) knows Beckford is hopeless up front on his own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum