You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Sights & sounds that give you goosebumps.

Sights & sounds that give you goosebumps.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sights & sounds that give you goosebumps. Empty Sights & sounds that give you goosebumps. on Thu Jul 03 2014, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sometimes it was simply the clack of the turnstiles at Burnden,or the sight and smell of a steam train as we left for a family holiday,but there are certain sights and sounds that literally make my hair stand on end.I could go on and on,but I'm sure you all have your own. I certainly can't watch or hear these beauties without fillin' up.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Air raid sirens...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And this  Very Happy ...

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy  :clap:

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It still makes me come over all goosepimply when the announcer pipes up with "Welcome to the Reebok Macron Stadium, the home, of course, of Bolton Wanderers."

Did the touristy helicopter flight into the Grand Canyon a few years ago and it was incredible.

First time in a chopper, the awe-inspiring scale of the canyon and the pilot was piping the theme from Superman through the headphones as we swooped down.

I was like a kid again and couldn't stop grinning throughout the entire flight.

Brilliant!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
WOW! Envy you that flight Bread.

That's fucking incredible!

That film was shot 5 days before we did our flight and its the same company we flew with!

Unbelievable!

Cheers for posting that, Boncey.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Another one is when the Welsh crowd start singing their anthem before an international match in their home stadium. None of the other countries has the same effect.

Keegan

Keegan
Being in the National Stadium when the Anthem is sung here in Jamaica does it for me.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

When Mrs Passi says "come to bed early Mr Passi".

Sadly now only a yearly event.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@karlypants wrote:Air raid sirens...

Not heard one being tested for decades, here in UK.  But in The Netherlands they always test their air-raid system on a monthly basis.  All of them are tested on first Monday of the month at midday!    That was weird to hear at first but soon got used to it, with it happening each month.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Passi wrote:When Mrs Passi says "come to bed early Mr Passi".

Sadly now only a yearly event.
 Laughing

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
I'm not a huge fan of classical music but hearing Nessa Dorma (sic?) being sung well at top note makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The finish line after one of my gruelling runs.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How often do you run scott,and how far?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:How often do you run scott,and how far?
4 Times a week, ranging from 2 Mile to 7.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:How often do you run scott,and how far?
every middle of the night to the bathroom for a piss!!!  Razz

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Certain part of Jurassic park.

And watching re runs of the bwfc of 93 and 94 when we had the white hot years... And that reading 95 game...

"mcginlay heads it back across goal, paateliniens in there toooo!"

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I watched Michael Gove on the Andrew Marr show on BBC 1 this morning. He needs a makeover because his side parting and big spectacles make him look decidedly dodgy.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Reebok Trotter wrote:I watched Michael Gove on the Andrew Marr show on BBC 1 this morning.  He needs a makeover because his side parting and big spectacles make him look decidedly dodgy.
And that gives you goosebumps, oooo err.

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Goosebumps? Tin Angel by Joni Mitchell; the last couple of minutes of the award-winning film Babel; Alexandra Burke and Beyoncé singing Listen; Martin Kaymer's winning putt at the last Ryder Cup in Medina; Jade Jones winning gold at the Olympics 2012; the anonymous poem Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye (1932)

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I really think I'm a soft git emotionally sometimes.
Basically anything where true love wins the day, wrongs are righted, the underdog comes through against all the odds, human nature shows it's better side, justice is done - anything at all like that even if it's in a crap film has me twitching.

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sluffy, I've never seen a named poet credited with Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep. As far as I have been aware, the poem was left in an envelope for his parents by Steven Cummins, a soldier killed on active service in Northern Ireland, to be opened in the event of his death. It is not thought that he wrote it himself, and claims that it is part of the prayers of Navaho Indian priests have proved false too. In the end, its origins remain a mystery......unless you know better.......    What I do know is that it is mighty hard not to experience some sort of frisson when it is read with feeling at a funeral, as has become commonplace.

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Ahh...Wikipedia tells me you're quite right, Sluffy. I didn't realise that Frye had been attributed with authorship in 1998.

Keegan

Keegan
@aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm not a huge fan of classical music but hearing Nessa Dorma (sic?) being sung well at top note makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

Nessun Dorma... Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Do you know, girls don't get goose bumps when john Hammond says "welcome, to Jurassic Park" - itk fact.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum