Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sights & sounds that give you goosebumps.

+10
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Keegan
Numpty 28723
karlypants
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Michael Gove on the Andrew Marr show on BBC 1 this morning. He needs a makeover because his side parting and big spectacles make him look decidedly dodgy.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I watched Michael Gove on the Andrew Marr show on BBC 1 this morning.  He needs a makeover because his side parting and big spectacles make him look decidedly dodgy.
And that gives you goosebumps, oooo err.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Goosebumps? Tin Angel by Joni Mitchell; the last couple of minutes of the award-winning film Babel; Alexandra Burke and Beyoncé singing Listen; Martin Kaymer's winning putt at the last Ryder Cup in Medina; Jade Jones winning gold at the Olympics 2012; the anonymous poem Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye (1932)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really think I'm a soft git emotionally sometimes.
Basically anything where true love wins the day, wrongs are righted, the underdog comes through against all the odds, human nature shows it's better side, justice is done - anything at all like that even if it's in a crap film has me twitching.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, I've never seen a named poet credited with Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep. As far as I have been aware, the poem was left in an envelope for his parents by Steven Cummins, a soldier killed on active service in Northern Ireland, to be opened in the event of his death. It is not thought that he wrote it himself, and claims that it is part of the prayers of Navaho Indian priests have proved false too. In the end, its origins remain a mystery......unless you know better.......    What I do know is that it is mighty hard not to experience some sort of frisson when it is read with feeling at a funeral, as has become commonplace.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ahh...Wikipedia tells me you're quite right, Sluffy. I didn't realise that Frye had been attributed with authorship in 1998.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm not a huge fan of classical music but hearing Nessa Dorma (sic?) being sung well at top note makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

Nessun Dorma... Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Do you know, girls don't get goose bumps when john Hammond says "welcome, to Jurassic Park" - itk fact.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum