Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!!

+5
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
observer
aaron_bwfc
Bwfceggy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sat Aug 16 2014, 23:39

Bwfceggy

David Ngog
David Ngog

just a small point but it really frustrates me. I just can't understand when the opposition has any set piece. We get every single man back In our own box.

2Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 00:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Welcome aboard Eggy, couldn't agree with you more - it's been the case since the Big Sam days.

Dougie seems to like the counter attack but even if we did leave one man up front on corners, we are too slow to break out to capitalise on the situation.

3Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 00:09

If you leave one man up on corners, they've got to leave someone (or two) with him.

And it makes'em think.

It looks like a simple thing to do to us, but obviously Dougie knows better.

With all his clever ideas and stuff........

4Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 00:09

Bwfceggy

David Ngog
David Ngog

Aaaahhhh the big Sam days
How fast they flew by!!!

5Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 03:20

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Juke will return... by hook or crook... hopefully! (Burnley will have Sordell scoring a hat trick every game for them and freeze the Juke out).

6Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 09:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Welcome aboard Eggy, couldn't agree with you more - it's been the case since the Big Sam days.

Dougie seems to like the counter attack but even if we did leave one man up front on corners, we are too slow to break out to capitalise on the situation.

I would be interested to know in the last 5 years if we have ever counter attacked from an opposition corner and scored a goal. I certainly don't remember one.

It's a ridiculous tactic used by clueless managers. I've never seen Chelsea or Liverpool bring everyone back for a corner.

7Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The managers of the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea obviously don't have the vision of our very own Dougie.

8Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Welcome aboard Eggy, couldn't agree with you more - it's been the case since the Big Sam days.

I would be interested to know in the last 5 years if we have ever counter attacked from an opposition corner and scored a goal. I certainly don't remember one.

It's a ridiculous tactic used by clueless managers. I've never seen Chelsea or Liverpool bring everyone back for a corner.

Big Sam was clueless then?

9Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Do you remember us ever scoring a goal on the counter?

10Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Do you remember us ever scoring a goal on the counter?

Not sure how that answers my question frankly.

It's a yes or no.

11Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Not sure how that answers my question frankly.

It's a yes or no.

Fat Sam was clueless on corners if he brought everyone back.

It's on the first page of Management for Dummies, if you bring everyone back for set pieces you invite pressure.

I'm sure the happy clappers will have another take on it though.

12Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Excellent point. In fact on one of the Prem games yesterday the commentator made mention of the fact that one team left two up on a corner. Forcing 4 defenders back.  Just a little tactic that a 12 year could figure out. As a matter of fact 12 year olds do it on Sunday afternoon game in the park.

13Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I certainly can't remember a time when we have counter attacked a team and scored from a corner tbh, at home especially - maybe a away from home.

The only 3 players who could threaten from corners on a counter attack IMO are Feeney, Hall and Mason.

14Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Eggy, you really should know better. Evil or Very Mad 

Don't you realise that Dougie Freedman is the Omnipotent Master Of The Football Universe? Twisted Evil 

His Supremacy will smite you for your heresy in questioning His Perfect Tactics.    :gun: 

Leaving ANYONE outside our own penalty box is a sin eggy, a mortal one that shall attract great vengeance and furious anger from Lord Freedman of Megsonia, the true heir to the Holy Medallion of WeWereBelowDerbyWhenICameIn and the Crown of FootballPeopleKnowI'mGod.  :pray: 

Hang thou thy head in shame miscreant lest thou dost find thyself being reduced to a small puddle on the pavement by the Hand Of Dougie The Immortal.  king

15Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfceggy wrote:just a small point but it really frustrates me. I just can't understand when the opposition has any set piece. We get every single man back In our own box.
I think it depends on who your personnel are and how risk averse you are. If teams send up tall CBs for e.g. corners, managers often feel they need to match them for height and often it's the tall strikers who are sent back to mark up. Drogba for example is excellent at defending set pieces.
I always thought it would be a good idea to keep 2 fast players near the halfway line so that they have a chance of getting on to clearances and exploiting the space, but for most managers it's a game of chicken. If you're the team defending your risk is greater which is why it's usually the attacking  team that has the initiative.
It's all well and good to say keeping players up will force the other team to mark up - because if they don't you are risking being outnumbered in the most dangerous area of the pitch.

16Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Just watching Liverpool V Southampton, Liverpool just had everyone back for a corner.

17Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Just watching Liverpool V Southampton, Liverpool just had everyone back for a corner.

You made that up, Sturridge never comes back.

18Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:44

Liverpool were drawing 1-1 at home with half an hour to go.

Rodgers must be a fucking idiot because do you know what he did?

He brought another striker on and went for the win instead of trying to hold on for the draw.

And it backfired because you know what they los........oh, hang on........

19Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You made that up, Sturridge never comes back.

I actually didn't they had Sterling just outside the 18 yard box.

so you could say not quite everyone but near enough.

20Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Empty Re: Leave a man up front ffs!!!!!!! Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Liverpool were drawing 1-1 at home with half an hour to go.

Rodgers must be a fucking idiot because do you know what he did?

He brought another striker on and went for the win instead of trying to hold on for the draw.

And it backfired because you know what they los........oh, hang on........
 Very Happy Yeah. Dougie probably wouldn't have brought on England striker Ricky Lambert...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum