Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm Sick Of The Fooking Excuses.....

+4
White84
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm Sick Of The Fooking Excuses..... Empty I'm Sick Of The Fooking Excuses..... Sun Aug 31 2014, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There seems to be a growing number of happy clappers suggesting that we deserve to be where we are in the league because the club haven't backed Dougie with funds, rather than blaming the manager for his negative tactics and pisspoor signings.

They seem to be claiming we're the poorest club in the division and no manager, no matter how good, could do any better than Dougie. I knew this was bollocks as there are plenty of clubs being run on a shoestring budget in the Championship, who still manage to win games and entertain.

So I thought I'd take a few minutes out of my very busy day to actually look at the spending of each club above us in the Championship right now.

Derby  -  £3,400,000
Reading  -  £3,300,000
Wolves  -  £3,300,000
Brentford  -  £3,250,000
Bolton Wanderers  -  £3,000,000
Huddersfield  -  £2,250,000
Sheffield Wednesday  -  £1,120,000
Rotherham  -  £475,000
Millwall  -  £350,000
Birmingham City  -  £150,000
Charlton Ath  -  £100,000
Ipswich  -  £60,000
Watford  -  £0

The above figures are the total spend of clubs since the beginning of the 2013/14 season. As you can see, there are 12 clubs in the Championship that have spent similar to us, or in many cases much less.

Derby have only spent £400k more than Dougie yet made the play-off final last season and are already 7 points ahead of us. Wolves & Charlton both lie in the play-off places, their joint total spend is only £400k more than Dougie.

Sheffield Wednesday, again 7 points ahead of us, have spent only a third of Dougie's budget over this period. And even Birmingham City, a club similar in size and stature to our own, have spent £2.85m less than Dougie.

So let's cut this crap about Dougie having his hands tied more than any other manager. It's clear from the above figures that BWFC are in the same boat as more than half of the Championship. Yet these managers seem to be able to pick up bargain players and win games.

Freedman out.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yes but...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of a small sample size. Better to see what he's spent in relation to this lot over his whole reign and then see the points accumulated. 

Anyway I do agree he should be doing better no question, how much better I'm not sure.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Out out out

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just looked apparently we spent 1.8 million this summer. 

which puts us below Huddersfield in that chart. 

If you're counting from 12/13 since dougie took over we've spent (apparently) 2.8 million in total.

Where are you lot getting these numbers from?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My figures are from 1st July 2013 until yesterday. We have spent £3m in that time, £2m on Spearing and £1m on the crowd waver.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Where are you lot getting these numbers from?

Mine are from here http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bolton-wanderers/transfers/verein/355/saison_id/2013

lists Spearing as 1.4 million. 

Obviously Nat has just pulled the figures out of thin air.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My figures are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so shove that up your chuff.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's a few blanks on Transfer Markt.

For example, there's a question mark next to Medo who it's believed cost between 500k and £1m.
There's also a question mark next to Beckford who signed for an undisclosed fee thought to be about a million.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We don't know the loan fee's either, and of course we don't know the wages we've acquired and lost. 

I don't think his budget is poor compared to the other teams anyway, he's been able to bring in a lot of players. Up to him to utilise them.

According to that German site, Hipster, Rob Hall's a Centre Forward, Mason is a left winger and Neil Danns is still on loan and hasn't signed for us yet, so I'll reserve judgement on their credibility as a reliable source of info.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one actually knows the correct figures all guess work, to get a proper picture you'd have to take into account all the wages in and out and the loan fees in and out too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No one actually knows the correct figures all guess work, to get a proper picture you'd have to take into account all the wages in and out and the loan fees in and out too.

True, but it's the same for all clubs so my figures are as accurate as you're going to get.

I will be linking Wanderlust and 1874 to this thread every time they make out Dougie is worse off than other club managers.

It's a very simplistic way of looking at it really because it's about how much investment the squad needs, nobody can deny that we've had a lot of deadwood that needed overhauling, so some money has to be spent (inevitably) whereas a side like Derby has spent the last 10 years building slowly and as such don't need such drastic investment.

That said we have enough talent to be mid table in this league, and at the moment Dougies not getting anything like the best out of too many players. No excuses the manager and players are performing well below standard and something needs to change.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

That said we have enough talent to be mid table in this league

The last time that I looked I couldn't see any.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The way your mind works, you wouldn't see a whore in a brothel.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The way your mind works, you wouldn't see a whore in a brothel.
How childish, did you get that from one of the kids that you entertain, what a complete joke of a dinosaur jobsworth you really are.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nett spend 2013/2014 was estimated at £3 million but that should be less whatever we received for Ngog (undisclosed) Nett receipts 2014/2915 is £525k - income from Sordell and Bolger.
Watford were given an Italian team so they didn't need to sign anyone BTW.

But Nat is right. Despite the amount spent on transfers being more than offset by the cut in wages, it's not an excuse.

A proper excuse is having no flexibility to respond to the market whatsoever so that when tidy players first come on the market for peanuts Dougie has not been allowed to close the deal quickly and snap them up before we are priced out of the market. 
Dyrekam, Juke, Barrow etc on board may have made a difference, but we'll never know now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum