Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who have you ever bumped into?

+11
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hip Priest
doffcocker
boltonbonce
bwfc71
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Who have you ever bumped into? Wed Sep 10 2014, 23:36

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was at Euston station, this morning, awaiting the 1040 train back to Manchester.  But who did I see at the station no other than Tubes from Soccer AM.

Apart from tubes I have seen many a "famous" person over the years, and that does includes ex-Bolton players such as Sasa Curcic (sp).

Who have you ever unexpectedly bumped into?

2Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 00:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Valerie Singleton drove over my foot. Not purposely I should add.

3Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 00:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was out leaflet posting on Overdale Drive a couple weeks ago.

There was absolutely nobody about, you could hear a pin drop. Suddenly I see a person walking towards me with a couple of dogs on leads. It's Darren Pratley. 

I was ready for him to bollock me for junk mailing - I had a lengthy dialogue up my sleeve about how I didn't appreciate his work either - but he just went straight into his palace.

4Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 00:37

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How the mighty have fallen. Was doing the weekly shop in Aldi on Sunday morning when who should I notice next to me at the cooked meats section but Ian Dowie with his missus.

5Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 10:29

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In the Trafford Centre one time I bumped full on into that bint from Coronation Street, I can't remember her name, but she used to be married to that little mechanic guy with the tash and weedy voice.

Jason McAteer in the Apple store at the Albert Dock.

Rob Hall in Nandos literally four minutes after he'd been sat on the bench for a game last season.

6Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 10:55

I had a weird week a few years ago when I bumped into Stig Tofting on three separate occasions.

The first time was outside the main entrance at the Reebok after a game when everybody else had long since left and I was waiting for Mrs B to pick me up. He came out and I said hello.

The second time was in Queens park about three days later when I had met Mrs B for lunch and we were eating our sandwiches in the sunshine. Stig was out for a stroll and I said "Hello again, Stig."

The third time was the following day as I was coming out of Sainsbury's in town.

He was coming in and I clocked him first.

But this time, I thought "This is getting awkward and even I think I'm starting to look like a mentalist stalker" so I just put my head down and didn't say anything.

But he stopped and said "Not saying hello today?" with a quizzical expression on his face.

Knowing what a nutter he was supposed to be and sensing that he may be testing me, I responded with: "No! I don't know you, Stig Tofting!" and ran off.

7Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 11:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sat next to Bernard Bresslaw in the Palace Theatre during a performance of Les Miserables. A few weeks later I   read in the paper that he had died. 

At Thessalonika Airport I had a chat with Howard Kendall who had recently been sacked by Everton.

At Manchester Airport I had a chat with Ronny Whelan.

Flying out to Rhodes from Manchester I sat with John Bailey from Everton and he was a top bloke.

Liz Ritson who played the punk rock barmaid in Coronation Street. Very funny woman now living in Chorley.

Rita Knox from Corrie. Marc ' Rollerball ' Rocco whose real name is Gerrard. 

Wanderers players... Craig Davies at Corley Motorway Services. John McGinley, Fabrice Muamba and John Byrom at Sportsmen's evenings.

Ivan Klasnic coming out of the Reebok Hotel apart to board the coach for an away game kindly posed for a picture with my son..

The list is endless..................

8Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 12:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I sat next to Bernard Bresslaw in the Palace Theatre during a performance of Les Miserables. A few weeks later I   read in the paper that he had died. 

At Thessalonika Airport I had a chat with Howard Kendall who had recently been sacked by Everton.

Flying out to Rhodes from Manchester I sat with John Bailey from Everton and he was a top bloke.

Liz Ritson who played the punk rock barmaid in Coronation Street. Very funny woman now living in Chorley.

Wanderers players... Craig Davies at Corley Motorway Services. John McGinley, Fabrice Muamba and John Byrom at Sportsmen's evenings.

Ivan Klasnic coming out of the Reebok Hotel apart to board the coach for an away game kindly posed for a picture with my son..

That's encroaching on stalker territory RT.

9Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 12:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sat next to Bruice Forsyth at Gate 5a at Heathrow Airport (must be around 10 years ago!) and had to do a double take, he was off to do a charity event.

Was in Life bar which used to be next door to Wetherspoon at Nelson Square where I happened to be standing next door Nicky Hunt whilst he gave a bloke a kiss on the lips.

Saw Nicky Hunt again not long after looking to buy a new toothbrush in Boots wearing chav wear.

Bumped into Gerard Kearns who played Lip Gallagher in Shameless in Tesco Bury and also the poof out of Corrie, Antony Cotton.

10Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Sat next to Bruice Forsyth at Gate 5a at Heathrow Airport (must be around 10 years ago!) and had to do a double take, he was off to do a charity event.

You jammy bastard KP.
I'll be jealous all week now.Who have you ever bumped into? Gloomy-smiley-emoticon

11Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 13:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I sat next to Bernard Bresslaw in the Palace Theatre during a performance of Les Miserables. A few weeks later I   read in the paper that he had died. 

That's encroaching on stalker territory RT.

I know!!!!!! I haven't mentioned Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore, Terry Venables and Bill McGarry either.

Or Pat Crerand, Willie Morgan, Arthur Albiston, Jimmy Nicholls, Alex Stepney, Paddy Roche, Ashley Grimes, Sam Allardyce and Peter Reid.

12Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're scaring me RT.
Who have you ever bumped into? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRapGlm3uOQOOpseLQSZKxNzBj6sc0VO8d6CHAVtLG3rEKfd0wcmw

13Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 14:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote: I happened to be standing next door Nicky Hunt whilst he gave a bloke a kiss on the lips.

You've just outed Nicky Hunt, I hope you have deep pockets if you can't prove it.

14Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 14:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You're scaring me RT.
Who have you ever bumped into? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRapGlm3uOQOOpseLQSZKxNzBj6sc0VO8d6CHAVtLG3rEKfd0wcmw

Oh by the way.... I forgot to mention ex Man City legend Tony Book. I had a good five minute chat with him. I also met the wife of Bill Taylor a former trainer of the English Football team.

Don't get me into cricket!!!! I was on first name terms with Farokh Engineer and as a result I also bumped into Godfrey Evans, Courtney Law, Curtley Ambrose,Courtney Walsh, Paul Allott and Graham Fowler.

At Lancs County Cricket club I had the great pleasure in meeting one of my sporting heroes who was at a test match with his father. Seb Coe no less!

On the musical front.... I went to a Robbie Williams concert at Old Trafford and ABC were the backing group. I bumped into Martin Fry after he had performed and he was an absolute gent.

15Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 14:56

I was walking up Rivington about 2 week ago. Went into a cafe and as i was going in Owen Coyle was coming out. Saw him again about 20 minutes later, he was wearing his shorts and shouting at his dog to get back, old habits die hard.

16Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:You're scaring me RT.

Oh by the way.... I forgot to mention ex Man City legend Tony Book. I had a good five minute chat with him. I also met the wife of Bill Taylor a former trainer of the English Football team.

Don't get me into cricket!!!! I was on first name terms with Farokh Engineer and as a result I also bumped into Godfrey Evans, Courtney Law, Curtley Ambrose,Courtney Walsh, Paul Allott and Graham Fowler.

At Lancs County Cricket club I had the great pleasure in meeting one of my sporting heroes who was at a test match with his father. Seb Coe no less!

On the musical front.... I went to a Robbie Williams concert at Old Trafford and ABC were the backing group. I bumped into Martin Fry after he had performed and he was an absolute gent.

Who have you ever bumped into? Scared-smiley-face

17Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 15:42

I met William G Stewart when I went on 15 to 1 and he had dirty fingernails.

That's always stuck with me.

And I once pretended to be a part of the Australian Rugby League touring party outside a hotel in Manchester when they were getting off their coach.

I was on my way to work back when I used to wear a suit to the office and I just happened to find myself in the middle of them all when some kid shoved an autograph book in my hand.

Somewhere in Manchester there is a bloke in his mid thirties who thinks he's got Mal Meninga's autograph......

......but he hasn't.

18Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sat on Belinda Carlisle in the reception of The Oaks Hotel in Burnley. She was quite charming about it.

19Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 16:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i used to work in a chemists many years ago and a few of the players used to come in after games, so i've met Big Gerry Taggart and Gudni a couple of times and also the stool thrower Aidan Davidson. All thoroughly nice chaps as well!
I remember bumping into Jason Mcateer many years ago in Cream in Liverpool, i was off my face at the time so he legged it pretty quickly!

20Who have you ever bumped into? Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 16:30

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Course, visiting Manchester the hardest part is actually avoiding bumping into one of those luvvies from Abomination Street. I remember driving past this grumpy old git one time standing at a bus stop near Granada. I think he lived permanently in the Midland Hotel which probably explains the miserable expression.
Who have you ever bumped into? Slide-4-Coronation-Street-Original-Cast-Albert-Tatlock-669448cg-290x400

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum