Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who have you ever bumped into?

+11
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hip Priest
doffcocker
boltonbonce
bwfc71
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 18:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sat near Germaine Greer on the train once, she was making notes (not on me I suspect)

32Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I once threatened to put him in a Boston Crab till he came from the serving side of the bar! Great bloke.

I hope you weren't sat at the bar.
Absolutely not! Much better to stand up well away and let your ale drop.

33Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:09

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Alan Shearer
Shay Given
Speedo
Big Sam 
Phil Brown
John Mcginley
Steve Bruce
Andy Gray
Terry mcDermott
Gazza
Teddy Sheringham
John Terry
Will Greenwood
Gordon Brand
Lawrence Dallaligo
Thom Evans
Max Evans
Chris Evans
Billie Piper
Andy Townsend
Lee Westwood
John Deveraux
Phil Tufnell
Michael Bentine
Lisa Tarbuck
Paul Ince
Tom Ince
Jasper Carrot

34Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big 'ead. Very Happy

35Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Living London way I've seen quite a few over the years.

One if the more obscure ones is this bloke -

36Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Am I the only one who keeps reading this title as 'Who have you ever bummed'?

Tigermin's post would take on a whole new meaning.

37Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Courtney Walsh is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Genuine dude with no airs about him. My brother and I were at a Masters/Celebrities football game a few years ago and Walsh and Ambrose both scored spectacular goals. After the game I congratulated him on his goal in passing and he was quite pleasant. We stopped at the side of the car for a minute before we left the grounds only for a black Mercedes-Benz to pull up alongside us with Walsh at the wheel, asking if we were okay! We assured him we were and thanked him to which he shot back "Ok, cool!" tooted us and drove off. Nice guy.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

38Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Thu Sep 11 2014, 23:12

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Am I the only one who keeps reading this title as 'Who have you ever bummed'?

Tigermin's post would take on a whole new meaning.
People I have met dear not just bumped into.

39Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Fri Sep 12 2014, 01:17

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In the school hols ,around 1966/67 (aged about 11/12)I used go and watch the Wanderers players train. Hung around the club car park as the players arrived and followed (stalked) them across to Bromwich Street training ground in pursuit of autographs. So obviously I formed close relationships with the likes of Franny Lee, Wynn Davies, Freddie Hill, Gordon Taylor, Eddie Hoppy, Brian Bromley, Dave Hatton, Syd Farrimond etc. At least them lot gave a shit.

40Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Fri Sep 12 2014, 05:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hip Priest wrote:In the school hols ,around 1966/67 (aged about 11/12)I used go and watch the Wanderers players train. Hung around the club car park as the players arrived and followed (stalked) them across to Bromwich Street training ground in pursuit of autographs. So obviously I formed close relationships with the likes of Franny Lee, Wynn Davies, Freddie Hill, Gordon Taylor, Eddie Hoppy, Brian Bromley, Dave Hatton, Syd Farrimond etc. At least them lot gave a shit.
Happy days, I did exactly the same. I wonder whatever happened to scrapbooks?

41Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Fri Sep 12 2014, 11:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Courtney Walsh is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Genuine dude with no airs about him. My brother and I were at a Masters/Celebrities football game a few years ago and Walsh and Ambrose both scored spectacular goals. After the game I congratulated him on his goal in passing and he was quite pleasant. We stopped at the side of the car for a minute before we left the grounds only for a black Mercedes-Benz to pull up alongside us with Walsh at the wheel, asking if we were okay! We assured him we were and thanked him to which he shot back "Ok, cool!" tooted us and drove off. Nice guy.

Keegan, you will be pleased to know that I also met Clive Lloyd and Joel Garner at Old Trafford as well.

42Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Fri Sep 12 2014, 12:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Keegan wrote:Courtney Walsh is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Genuine dude with no airs about him. My brother and I were at a Masters/Celebrities football game a few years ago and Walsh and Ambrose both scored spectacular goals. After the game I congratulated him on his goal in passing and he was quite pleasant. We stopped at the side of the car for a minute before we left the grounds only for a black Mercedes-Benz to pull up alongside us with Walsh at the wheel, asking if we were okay! We assured him we were and thanked him to which he shot back "Ok, cool!" tooted us and drove off. Nice guy.

Keegan, you will be pleased to know that I also met Clive Lloyd and Joel Garner at Old Trafford as well.
:facepalm: I give up RT. You've met more people than Alan Whicker.
And don't tell me you met him as well!

43Who have you ever bumped into? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have you ever bumped into? Fri Sep 12 2014, 14:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope never met Alan Whicker! I'm like Tigermin though, in that I met them rather than just bumped into them. I am a man of hidden shallows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum