Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie Thought - Wolves

+5
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
bwfc71
doffcocker
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman believes it is only a matter of time before Bolton’s fortunes change following a frustrating afternoon against Wolves at Molineux.

Bolton carved out a number of opportunities and missed a second half penalty – Owen Garvan seeing his kick from 12 yards kept out by Carl Ikeme.

In the end, it was Nouha Dicko’s header in first half header that decided the contest.

“We defended very in the first half, despite some good attacking play by Wolves,” said the manager.

“We were in the right holes and prevented them from carving out any real opportunities, but the wind was taken out of our sails when they scored just before half time.

“Naturally, when a goal is scored against you just before half time that is going to deflate you, but we once again responded very well and came out and dominated the second half.

“We regrouped and the game came down to two moments – they took their chance in first half stoppage time and we’ve missed our clear chance from the penalty.

“I feel that if that penalty had gone in, we would have gone on to win the game.

“We created four or five fantastic opportunities in the second half, but we just couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net.

“We pegged Wolves right back and created quite a few opportunities in the game. It’s very similar to what happened when we played at Leeds recently – we played well but couldn’t put the ball away.

“We’ve come away here to a team who were lying fourth in the league table before the game, and I thought we were the better side.

“They are right in form and we have given them a real run for their money, but unfortunately we’ve come up short.

“We’ve ultimately missed our chances and that’s why we’ve not taken anything from the game.

“There’s a lot of belief in our team and we’re playing quite well.

“In this division games are always very tight – if we can start to take the opportunities when they come along, I’m confident we’ll win games of football and soon start climbing the league table.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Had a sneaky feeling the words "chances" and "opportunities" would come up here and there.

Just surprised not to see "honest", "brave" or "hungry".

3What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:12

He needs some new material

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be honest who actually gives a shit, anymore, on his thoughts of the games!

Yes, I was one of those that wanted to give him time, but the sell-by-date expired before the Rotherham game!

But saying that when Freedman is final relieved of his duties then Gartside should also resign so that the club can have a complete overhaul of the hierarchy and give the club some chance rather than leaving the next management decision to Gartside who has now given us 4 useless managers in his infinite search to find the next BSA!

5What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nothing new, nothing we couldn't predict and nothing that meant a single thing came out of Dougie's banality-spouting, drivel-spewing mouth.

6What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:31

Gartside's never going to resign.

He will have to be pushed.

And for some reason ED seems happy with him, so we're screwed.

We may have to hire a hitman.......

Last edited by Breadman on Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:48; edited 1 time in total

7What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know just the man.............

8What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:49

Does he smother his targets with an enormous St Bernard by any chance....?

9What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:51

SOS - same old shit

10What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sat Sep 20 2014, 22:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Does he smother his targets with an enormous St Bernard by any chance....?
He generally keeps his dogs for himself...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 10:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not trying to be a dick, though I will be accused of that, but the new manager, whoever that is will spout the same "crap" when he loses a game. (and wins)

12What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick, though I will be accused of that, but the new manager, whoever that is will spout the same "crap" when he loses a game. (and wins)

Not necessarily, watching the Football League Show it's clear some managers can tell the truth when they lose.

I simply don't understand it, everyone knows they're lying so why bother? It's not as if Eddie Davies is going to be sat at home believing every bollock that comes out of his mouth.

After virtually every defeat this season Douglas has declared we're close to turning the corner. It's time to put him in a corner and leave him there.

13What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just looking at some of the losers yesterday.

Huddersfield boss Chris Powell: "There is no question of them lacking heart. That will never happen with one of my sides.
"But I need to iron out the basic mistakes we are making and perhaps bring in a couple of new faces. There is work I can do with this squad, which needs freshening up."

Reading manager Nigel Adkins: "I thought we did well in the first half and kept the crowd quiet.
"Mikkel Andersen made his debut in goal because Feds (Adam Federici) was just feeling his calf. He had one shot on target to deal with and unfortunately it was deflected past him for the winner.

Brentford boss Mark Warburton:
"The better team won.
"We've set good standards this season but we've fallen below them (today) and it wasn't acceptable, especially after the break when we weren't good enough.

"It's not about letting me down, it's about us as a team."

Fulham caretaker Kit Symons: "I just said to the players in there I was very proud of the performance. It was a disciplined, resolute performance with 10 men.

"There was nothing in the first half, 11 v 11, and even in the second half we had a few chances to win the game or get back into it when they got the goal."

Swansea manager Garry Monk:
"We were by far the better team in the first half. And in the second, the only shot they really had on goal was the one they scored from, which was the one time we switched off and got punished. But we will pick ourselves up and go again."

apart from the Brentford boss, whose team were thrashed you could put Dougie's name at the start of any of those lines and people would believe it was him and say he was "talking fcknign shit!!?"
lets face it all managers talk the same crap to the media. 

14What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've just picked 5 managers to suit your argument. So I've picked two of my own:

Crewe Manager:

We were pathetic, an embarrassment, and it's the fans I feel sorry for travelling all the way down here to watch that.

Sheff Utd:

That was a shambles from start to finish, you'd think we hadn't trained all week.

15What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I really didn't I just clicked one after the other of the mangers who lost and there was a quote on the BBC article. 

oh and btw here's the real from Clough Sheff Utd after a heavy defeat.

"We were poor defensively. We need some help in the centre-half department, which we have been talking about since Harry Maguire left.
"Going forward, we scored two goals away from home. That should be enough to get you a point.
"The 18 here today is the only 18 we've got fit."

excuses about injuries and bigging up scoring 2 and letting in 5, sound familiar. 
btw I'm not defending the Dougie comments as anything other than spin, but suggesting it isn't the norm for 99% of managers is just a lie. 

16What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:18

Hipster's spot on, when are fans going to realise that every manager talks rubbish to the press? It means nothing yet every press conference we have give the fans a heart attack.

17What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Hipster's spot on, when are fans going to realise that every manager talks rubbish to the press? It means nothing yet every press conference we have give the fans a heart attack.

You act as though just because it happens in the majority of cases, that it is ok.

If you went to a restaurant and ordered the beef but the waiter kept calling it fish you'd probably not go back.

18What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:34

No I'm just not naive enough to think everything I hear in the press is the truth, be that in football or anything else. If a manager is more interested in saying things that deflect criticism away or is good PR for the club, I'm fine with it. Getting wound up because the manager isn't 100% honest in the press is a complete waste of time.

19What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No I'm just not naive enough to think everything I hear in the press is the truth, be that in football or anything else. If a manager is more interested in saying things that deflect criticism away or is good PR for the club, I'm fine with it. Getting wound up because the manager isn't 100% honest in the press is a complete waste of time.

It's a good job Ghandi, Malcolm X and David Icke weren't born with your attitude.

20What Dougie Thought - Wolves Empty Re: What Dougie Thought - Wolves Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:36

But it's not "good PR for the club" is it?

It just winds everybody up and makes it worse.

And the tripe he's coming out with now is a world away from being "less than 100% honest in the press" - it's outright bollocks and lies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum