Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon excited by Lee Chung-Yong ability

+2
Numpty 28723
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says ‘his heart skipped a beat’ after seeing Lee Chung-Yong in training for the first time.

The South Korean midfielder returned from international duty and linked up with his team-mates and the new manager on Thursday at Euxton.

And for the weekend’s game at Birmingham Lee was deployed in a central midfield role and impressed with both his technical and physical approach to the game.

“We’ve got a very good player in Lee Chung-Yong,” Leenon told bwfc.co.uk. “Technically, he was a cut above the rest on the pitch at Birmingham.

“When I saw him in training for the first time my heart skipped a beat. We have a fantastic player at our club.

“I worked with a few South Korean players at Celtic who were also technically very good and Chungy is exactly the same.

“I know he’s had a very bad injury a few seasons back and has been able to return from that. People will say that will always be in the back of his mind, but his physical performance at Birmingham was excellent.

“He’s a proper football and he was the one making us tick on the day. The more we can get him involved in our attacking play the better.”

Source

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

“When I saw him in training for the first time my heart skipped a beat."

Blimey, what's he gonna be like if Chungy ever actually scores a goal?
Neil Lennon excited by Lee Chung-Yong ability PA-8327948

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Coyle and Freedman said similar things about Lee when they moved into the hotseat.

He's been pisspoor for two years or more, he's one lucky chap to still be picking up such a fat wage.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was brilliant against Chelsea couldn't believe how good looked.

but he does flatter to deceive, lets hope Lennon can have him consistently playing well.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Chungy playing out of his skin for the rest of the season, just in time to secure a decent contract somewhere in Europe at the end of the season.

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Does he have a Chungy chubby?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Chungy will be our player of the season from now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum