Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The weather today

+37
sunlight
luckyPeterpiper
Leeds_Trotter
Angry Dad
Growler
Cajunboy
Sluffy
y2johnny
Bread2.0
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
DEANO82
whatsgoingon
bwfc71
Resistance is Futile
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
Emma Jansen 1
finlaymcdanger
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
scottjames30
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
karlypants
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 49]

961The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Sep 07 2023, 21:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:scratch
It has to be a strawberry Mivvi. If you can still get them.

Solero doesn't cut it with me.

I had to google that. Very Happy

962The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 13:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Massive cloud bursts followed by flash floods seems to be everywhere in southern Europe in the last few days, I've seen clips of them in Turkey, Bulgaria, and Greece.

A couple drowned in their car in the street in the middle of Liverpool some days back ffs!

Sad to say it is all down to man made global warming - and it will quickly get worse too.

In W63 world though, nothing to be worried about, carry on using fossil fuels, nothing to do with that...

Rolling Eyes
You do talk some garbage Sluffy old chap. It’s not at all unusual for severe rain and storms to follow extreme heat, it’s been that way since records began if you care to look back and certainly well before the brainwashed like you were conditioned to the global warming rubbish. Even in your own lifetime, look at 1976 when after severe drought it never stopped raining for the whole of September causing similar flooding. You need to open your mind and stop believing everything the eco zealots want you to believe. The climate is changing, no argument with that but it has done through history and neither you, I or your experts can change that.

963The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 15:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Massive cloud bursts followed by flash floods seems to be everywhere in southern Europe in the last few days, I've seen clips of them in Turkey, Bulgaria, and Greece.

A couple drowned in their car in the street in the middle of Liverpool some days back ffs!

Sad to say it is all down to man made global warming - and it will quickly get worse too.

In W63 world though, nothing to be worried about, carry on using fossil fuels, nothing to do with that...

Rolling Eyes
You do talk some garbage Sluffy old chap. It’s not at all unusual for severe rain and storms to follow extreme heat, it’s been that way since records began if you care to look back and certainly well before the brainwashed like you were conditioned to the global warming rubbish. Even in your own lifetime, look at 1976 when after severe drought it never stopped raining for the whole of September causing similar flooding. You need to open your mind and stop believing everything the eco zealots want you to believe. The climate is changing, no argument with that but it has done through history and neither you, I or your experts can change that.

Hahaha...

You're getting a bit Wanderlustish in your replies, although you've not stooped so low as to attempting to lie your way out, yet!

To be fair, I don't believe you ever would.

Yes, the Met Office keeps weather records going back a century or two and their records show that the climate has drastically changed in the last decade or so  - which is simply unprecedented in the Earth's history.

I don't believe I (or my experts!) have ever claimed you don't believe in global warming, but that you are in total denial that the change is directly due to being man made, in the burning of fossil fuel, which can be proved unquestionably with the isotope that is causing the increase of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere - which can only be formed by the man made burning of fossil fuel.

Fwiw my experts about this all about being man made include...

The Met Office -

Are humans responsible for climate change?

Natural climate cycles can change the temperature of Earth, but the changes we are seeing are happening at a scale and speed that natural cycles cannot explain. These cycles affect the global temperature for years, or sometimes just months, not the 100 years that we have observed. Meanwhile, longer-term changes like Milankovitch cycles and solar irradiance take thousands and thousands of years.
https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNqG4ZebgQMVBLLtCh1JGwMJEAAYASAAEgKSHfD_BwE

The Royal Society -

Human activities are changing the climate

Rigorous analysis of all data and lines of evidence shows that most of the observed global warming over the past 50 years or so cannot be explained by natural causes and instead requires a significant role for the influence of human activities.
https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNqG4ZebgQMVBLLtCh1JGwMJEAAYASAAEgKSHfD_BwE

and...

The United Nations

In their latest report, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change stated unequivocally that human activity is the cause of global warming.
https://www.ipcc.ch/

I'm not listening to eco zealots, I'm listening to people who know what they are talking about, the experts in their field.

We are fucked, unfortunately, God help those who are going to have to live through it all.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Sep 08 2023, 16:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing errors)

964The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to agree, Sluffy. We can't wish this away.

We've reached the point now where we're trying to empty the ocean with a spoon. It's not going to happen.
Try as I might to find some mitigating factor, I honestly think we've left it too late.
The earth will be fine, making its merry way around the sun, but we'll be removed, slowly, but surely, like fleas on a dog.
Of course, GB News will say it's all part of a Woke, left wing agenda, and George Soros is behind all of it.
I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic.

965The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 19:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I realise there’s no point in trying to convince you that “experts” rarely ever get anything right Sluffy so you’ll have to forgive my scepticism. It’s a fact that ALL so called “experts” do not agree with the Armageddon picture the organisations you list subscribe to but any divergence and they’re ignored, labelled one or other things and their views ridiculed. It’s also a fact that these favoured “experts” source their data from the same place, use the same type of computer analysis and systems and the surprise, surprise they come up with the same answer. Garbage in garbage out and you only have to be a tiny bit out in your raw data for it to give a totally misleading and over pessimistic forecast. Remember the so called expert Ferguson’s projections on Covid. Turned out accurate didn’t they and now we know that they were required to create the most scary statistic. Look, I completely agree that the climates changing but I have no time for the so called “experts” because ALL their projects are sponsored for financial reasons and it may be Soros, it may be others but our scientists and universities are all sponsored and you might want to ask yourself why?

966The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 22:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No offence but you are absolutely bonkers 63.

I picked those three institutions because THEY ARE NOT SPONSORED by anyone!!!

Their recommendations actually COSTS those governments that provide the funding to them.

Following YOUR LOGIC their reports should be stating that fossil fuel is not a factor in global warming if they were indeed in the pay of their 'masters'!

You don't believe in experts do you???

So you don't believe what your doctor tells you then, or your dentist, or fly in a plane, or cross over a bridge, or go up in and lift, and a million and one other things designed and built by experts or having years of training like health staff?

Fwiw, yesterday, the African heads of state said they will use it as the basis of their negotiating position at November's COP28 summit to DEMAND carbon Taxes - that's against their own financial interests considering the wealth they have in untapped fossil fuels on their continent...

Africa proposes global carbon taxes to fight climate change
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-66733557

and today the United Nations called for radical changes to stem warming...

Tackling climate change needs a rapid transformation of the way our world works, travels, eats and uses energy, according to an important UN review.

This is the first "global stocktake" to examine the efforts of countries to reduce planet-warming emissions since the Paris agreement was signed in 2015.

While progress has been made, efforts now need to be massively scaled up.

The report calls for "radical decarbonisation" with a fast phase out of fossil fuels without carbon capture.

Burning fossil fuels like oil, gas and coal to generate electricity emits carbon dioxide, which is the main driver of climate change.

Tackling climate change needs a rapid transformation of the way our world works, travels, eats and uses energy, according to an important UN review.

This is the first "global stocktake" to examine the efforts of countries to reduce planet-warming emissions since the Paris agreement was signed in 2015.

While progress has been made, efforts now need to be massively scaled up.

The report calls for "radical decarbonisation" with a fast phase out of fossil fuels without carbon capture.

Burning fossil fuels like oil, gas and coal to generate electricity emits carbon dioxide, which is the main driver of climate change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66753909

There isn't one single, reputable 'expert' who doesn't believe it isn't human use of fossil fuels that not only caused current global warming crisis but are 'feeding it' every single day that ticks by!

You're nothing but a fool if you want to remain in denial of the facts.

967The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Sep 08 2023, 23:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy, call me what you want it’s water off a ducks back but not long ago the Africans like other emerging economies were insisting that they must be allowed to use fossil fuels to catch up with Western countries, now they don’t want to do that. So who do you think is going to subsidise their move to renewables instead. How can you be so completely naive and not see that money is at the root of all this? The world has to move to renewables eventually because sooner or later fossil fuels will clearly run out. Everybody accepts that but it’s the pace that’s the problem and the fact that vested interests are the ones who are pushing the agenda using these so called “experts” who whatever you want to believe are entirely funded and subsidised by those same vested interests. Your comparison with other experts is just comical so grow up and accept you’ve been mugged.

968The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sat Sep 09 2023, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We've all got a vested interests you moron, we fuck up the planet, we die ffs!

I've been saying I won't be around when things really start to turn bad but things are going to Hell so quickly now, that I'm beginning to think I will see the start of it in my lifetime.

Obviously no one is going to stop burning fossil fuels, or chopping down the jungles until it is far to late to change anything, so nothing is going to stop global warming getting significantly worse.

I don't know if you have any interest in astrology but there is an ongoing search for life on other planets - Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_for_extraterrestrial_intelligence

The bloke who started all this was Frank Drake and he devised a very famous equation (known as the Drake Equation) to calculate the chances of this happening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#:~:text=The%20Drake%20equation%20is%20a,in%20the%20Milky%20Way%20Galaxy.

Part of his equation is the...

mean length of time that civilizations can communicate

...or in simple terms, how long could intelligent life exist on a planet before they destroyed themselves?

Whether you want to stick your fingers in your ears, squeeze your eyes tight shut and scream at the top of your voice that it isn't going to happen, repeatedly for ever and a day, it won't change a thing,

The science IS already happening and all we can do is our best to mitigate the damage to come by stopping using fossil fuel and chopping down the jungles NOW - and that isn't going to happen.

I don't know if you have watched the brilliant BBC series, 'Earth' which tells the story of how our planet came to be and what has happened to it in the 4.5 billion years it has been in existence but the bottom line is that we have fucked the planet up to such a state now that it will start to become uninhabitable for us to live here, and eventually our species, and many others, will die out.

Fair enough if you don't believe me but check out the science for yourself (which of course you won't).

The narrator is Chris Packham (yes, I know!) but he's just following a script, the science is indisputable - or at least to those of us who are not in some sort of denial, like yourself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fpwly8/earth-series-1-1-inferno

Do you believe the Earth is flat by any chance and that if we go too far we will fall off the end of it, because believing that the current global warming isn't anything to do with being man made (burning of fossil fuels) is on a par with that.

969The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Mon Sep 25 2023, 15:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely lovely on Dawlish Warren beach today. It’s almost cracking the flags at 20 degrees. sunny

Feeling sorry for you poor buggers with it being cold and wet at the moment. Very Happy

970The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 17 2024, 17:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely slippy as hell today out there.

People going arse over tit picking their kids up from school! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

971The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 18 2024, 08:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Minus 8 here. I might defer my trip to the paper shop.

The weather today - Page 49 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952p6lxcm5s3gomtez5lembtd8pitv5wevzl9emj48m&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w

972The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Jan 19 2024, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The NHS are at it again advising people to walk like a penguin to avoid slipping on ice here :facepalm:

973The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Jan 19 2024, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:The NHS are at it again advising people to walk like a penguin to avoid slipping on ice here :facepalm:
I'm not walking like a penguin. Not unless I've shat myself.

974The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Jan 19 2024, 16:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

975The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Jan 21 2024, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bit windy down my way tonight.

Planes and trains being cancelled.

976The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Mar 03 2024, 10:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've woken up to a lovely sunny morning today. Hopefully it continues throughout the day! sunny

977The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Mar 03 2024, 11:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I've woken up to a lovely sunny morning today. Hopefully it continues throughout the day! sunny
Yes, it's beautiful here too. I might get my shorts out and show off my milky white legs.

978The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Mar 03 2024, 11:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunny but chilly

979The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Mar 03 2024, 13:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I've woken up to a lovely sunny morning today. Hopefully it continues throughout the day! sunny
Yes, it's beautiful here too. I might get my shorts out and show off my milky white legs.

I've beaten you to it. I have had my shorts on since I got out of bed. Very Happy

980The weather today - Page 49 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Mar 03 2024, 13:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sunny but chilly

I think you are right. It is always deceiving when the sun is shining with the heating on full belt when looking out the window.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum