Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The racism discussion thread

+10
B.D.P
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:37

Soul Kitchen wrote:I agree, Bernard Manning used to say "switch the lights on let's see how many.............." 
Those were the days, thought they'd never end!!

Simple minds.

22The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:38

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Racist humour can be funny though.

Chris Rock is proper racist at times but it's funny IMO.

23The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the biggest problems with all this political correctness bullshit is that some people take themselves far too seriously nowadays. We have forgotten how to laugh at ourselves. Every time there is a tragedy, somebody somewhere will come up with a joke about it. It doesn't mean we feel any less for the people involved in the tragedy.

24The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

bwfc1874 wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:If a joke is funny, I do not give a shit who its about.

I agree. 

But this thread is more about 58 thinking only black people are allowed to think things are racist. 

Which is complete bollocks.
That's not what I said at all is it 74. What I said is that I you are going to be offended by a joke about black people because it's racist why then are you not offended by jokes about any other race. Everyone, not just black people can think something is racist so why not kick up a fuss about the Irish, Chinese etc.

25The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Everyone, not just black people can think something is racist so why not kick up a fuss about the Irish, Chinese etc.

You seem to be mixing up race and colour.

26The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:07

Bwfc1958 wrote:That's not what I said at all is it 74.

Fine, but you can see why I interpreted the way I did -

bwfc1958 wrote:I will say it again. WHY IS IT OK TO BE RACIST TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD EXCEPT BLACK PEOPLE?

I've no idea what your joke was, I doubt I'd have been offended by it. But it's not up to you what other people do find offensive.

As for the Chinese and Irish point you keep mentioning, I don't think it's true. If you make a racist joke about white, asian or black people you'd find people get offended. So it's just a load of bollocks to say they're not approached in the same way.

27The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we have an ethnic minority poster?
If not,why not?

28The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I'm not having a pop now, SK, but why is that funny?
I'm talking 30years ago now, you wouldn't understand!

29The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:36

Soul Kitchen wrote:
I've no idea, so I'll say something completely meaningless instead.

30The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I agree, Bernard Manning used to say "switch the lights on let's see how many.............." 
Those were the days, thought they'd never end!!

Simple minds.
Great Band!

31The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
I've no idea, so I'll say something completely meaningless instead.
Very good, as I said earlier you are learning! Smile 
Be careful you might avoid surgery!!

32The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Charlie Williams never seemed to bother about his colour, but that was 30 years ago as well. 
Feel free to change it brummie boy if that doesn't suit the PC mindset. Smile

33The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:50

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in either of those posts. If anyone does please let me know.

34The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Certainly the second one you wouldn't!! 
He was before your time, and dare I say it, highly amusing? 
You wouldn't like him, not PC!!

35The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Everyone, not just black people can think something is racist so why not kick up a fuss about the Irish, Chinese etc.

You seem to be mixing up race and colour.
You seem to be under the impression racism is only about colour. Racism comes in many forms, colour is just one of many

36The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, Breadders seems to like doing it about Thai people...

37The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Charlie Williams also play for Doncaster Rovers?

38The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:21

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't Charlie Williams also play for Doncaster Rovers?

and skegness

39The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
You seem to be under the impression racism is only about colour. Racism comes in many forms, colour is just one of many

Maybe, but the fact remains non-white people have been persecuted for centuries and seen as inferior to white people. I'm guessing as a white male you have no experience of racism aimed at you.

Perhaps if people had been calling you "nigger" or "paki" for 40 years you might take offence at a joke aimed at your race/colour.

40The racism discussion thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:47

karlypants wrote:I agree, Breadders seems to like doing it about Thai people...

:trust:

(The proper ones, not the one's who think popping off on holiday is more important than posting a radio link on the Chatbox.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum