Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The racism discussion thread

+10
B.D.P
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Things that you may find funny will not be funny to others.

This is the bit that I don't get.

Of course it is wrong to be racist - I don't think anybody disagrees.

The thing is, it is wrong to be many other things as well but for some reason or other than I've never understood, nobody seems to bothered about them.

You can't say anything about the colour of someone's skin but it is perfectly ok to call them 'ginger', or a fat bastard, or a lanky piece of piss, or a short arse or many other things that differentiates between people but that apparently is perfectly ok?

If you are 'ginger' (I'm not thankfully) then how many times must they hear comments about their hair during their lifetime?

It can't be funny to them, but still it carrys on.

Same with 'fat' people, or 'vertically challenged' or any other thing that make one person stand out from another.

What particularly gets me are those who are so zealous about anything vaguely racist but who are more than happy to be 'abusive' to others at say a match, simply because they support a different team!

The worlds not perfect, I know that and you've got to make a start somewhere (and stamping out racism is as good as place as any) but it does seem to me a sort double standards where somethings are taboo, yet others things are free to be abused with impunity.

Maybe the answer should be more celebrating the difference in people rather than prohibiting what can and can't be said about them?

62The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I dislike people from Slough. I am Sloughist.

63The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:I think this thread is a bad idea, although I understand why it was created. Racism is a sensitive subject that is viewed in totally different ways depending on which side of the fence you sit. Things that you may find funny will not be funny to others.

Correct!
At last the voice of reason!!

64The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:30

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy said (If you are 'ginger' (I'm not thankfully)

You bloody Racist

65The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
You seem to be under the impression racism is only about colour. Racism comes in many forms, colour is just one of many

Maybe, but the fact remains non-white people have been persecuted for centuries and seen as inferior to white people. I'm guessing as a white male you have no experience of racism aimed at you.

Perhaps if people had been calling you "nigger" or "paki" for 40 years you might take offence at a joke aimed at your race/colour.
For a start I didn't use the words you mention above. The word used in the joke was 'black'. I have only had a couple of experiences of racism directed towards me. Both were many years ago. In the first instance I was playing for the school football team against a school that was predominantly Asian. They had supporters all around the edge of the pitch. As I ran down the wing one of them stuck a leg out and tripped me. As I stood up he called me a "fucking milky bar". Hardcore stuff I'm sure you'll agree. The second incident was on my way home from school in Astley bridge (thornleigh if you're interested). As I walked down Blackburn road the mosque was emptying down near the iron church. I was stopped by a group of young lads, 18-20 years old I would say. They asked me if I knew a lad at school, Liam saville was his name. They wanted to kick his head in for some reason and so sent me off with a message I should tell him. Just before I was allowed to leave one of the lads said, "you better not fucking walk home this way again or I'll fucking batter you. This is Blackburn road not whiteburn road you know what I mean." I just thought he was a total bell end TBH. Wasn't offended racially. Just pissed off because I had to go a different way home from then on.

Last edited by Bwfc1958 on Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling)

66The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One of my mates described a large guy with a large belly and a tee total affliction, who we know, as having the largest non beer gut he'd ever seen!!
I assume this wasn't acceptable but we all laughed anyway and the recipient just said I'm not in the best of shape!!!
Perhaps Nat would have like to have savaged him, after all, obese people are her pet hate?

67The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
You seem to be under the impression racism is only about colour. Racism comes in many forms, colour is just one of many

Maybe, but the fact remains non-white people have been persecuted for centuries and seen as inferior to white people. I'm guessing as a white male you have no experience of racism aimed at you.

Perhaps if people had been calling you "nigger" or "paki" for 40 years you might take offence at a joke aimed at your race/colour.
For a start I didn't use the words you mention above. The word used in the joke was 'black'. I have only had a couple of experiences of racism directed towards me. Both were many years ago. In the first instance I was playing for the school football team against a school that was predominantly Asian. They had supporters all around the edge of the pitch. As I ran down the wing one of them stuck a leg out and tripped me. As I stood up he called me a "fucking milky bar". Hardcore stuff I'm sure you'll agree. The second incident was on my way home from school in Astley bridge (thornleigh if you're interested). As I walked down Blackburn road the mosque was emptying down near the iron church. I was stopped by a group of young lads, 18-20 years old I would say. They asked me if I knew a lad at school, Liam saville was his name. They wanted to kick his head in for some reason and so sent me off with a message I should tell him. Just before I was allowed to leave one of the lads said, "you better not fucking walk home this way again or I'll fucking batter you. This is Blackburn road not whiteburn road you know what I mean." I just thought he was a total bell end TBH. Wasn't offended racially. Just pissed off because I had to go a different way home from then on.

Sorry, can't believe that happened '58.Wink

68The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:41

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

I'm offended somebody decided to use the n and p words in this thread.

Can it be removed please.

69The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Had these when I was a lad, got them off Robertsons jam.
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=66743&Section=0&Start=1120

70The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've still got some.

71The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I dislike people from Slough. I am Sloughist.

You're not the only one!

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!

Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Mess up the mess they call a town-
A house for ninety-seven down
And once a week a half a crown
For twenty years.

And get that man with double chin
Who'll always cheat and always win,
Who washes his repulsive skin
In women's tears:

And smash his desk of polished oak
And smash his hands so used to stroke
And stop his boring dirty joke
And make him yell.

But spare the bald young clerks who add
The profits of the stinking cad;
It's not their fault that they are mad,
They've tasted Hell.

It's not their fault they do not know
The birdsong from the radio,
It's not their fault they often go
To Maidenhead

And talk of sport and makes of cars
In various bogus-Tudor bars
And daren't look up and see the stars
But belch instead.

In labour-saving homes, with care
Their wives frizz out peroxide hair
And dry it in synthetic air
And paint their nails.

Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough
To get it ready for the plough.
The cabbages are coming now;
The earth exhales.

72The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice.Love Betjeman.

73The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I've still got some.

Don't know what happened to mine. Thought they were great at the time.

74The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Nice.Love Betjeman.

What genre are they?Smile

75The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still got the cricketer and the American footballer.
Never thought them racist at the time.

76The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I forgot about the sports ones, was there a series on footballers?
Times were different then, much more relaxed, with no "cultural tensions".

And ale was one shilling and eight pence a pint!!

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:01; edited 1 time in total

77The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell!

78The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh dear, keep that one locked away in the bottom drawer!!!

79The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why does number 6 need them specs?

80The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Also got this one.
The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWw307GgV15YbE93BX2rbjag5sgTzIgiZN7H9C0Cc26_sJPrN0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum