Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung yong lee

+12
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
Barryjw
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
okocha
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
B.D.P
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 13:34

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bwfc1958 wrote:Is it because he thought his players would be good enough to make a go of the prem or is it because he wanted to be loyal to the players who got them up and give them a chance to prove they can handle the step up? If it's the former then his judgement is questionable and if it's the latter he needs to toughen up a bit because loyalty gets you nowhere in football these days. It will be him that loses his job if they're not up to it not the players. One for copper dragon I suppose.
:agree:

22Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Is it because he thought his players would be good enough to make a go of the prem or is it because he wanted to be loyal to the players who got them up and give them a chance to prove they can handle the step up? If it's the former then his judgement is questionable and if it's the latter he needs to toughen up a bit because loyalty gets you nowhere in football these days. It will be him that loses his job if they're not up to it not the players. One for copper dragon I suppose.
I honestly think it's because they have decided to stick to a budget and take the money and renewed parachute payments - why not? Dyche knows he can't buy premiership status so why waste the money when he can consolidate and build up a war chest for another time?

Plus they still have a chance of survival.

Burnley go on and on about "sticking to the budget" and being a "well run club" so it looks as though they are about to live or die by their dogma.

23Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 13:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:
I honestly think it's because they have decided to stick to a budget and take the money and renewed parachute payments - why not? Dyche knows he can't buy premiership status so why waste the money when he can consolidate and build up a war chest for another time?

Plus they still have a chance of survival.

Burnley go on and on about "sticking to the budget" and being a "well run club" so it looks as though they are about to live or die by their dogma.
Fair point. Think he could have spent a little more though. Try and show a bit of ambition for the fans at least.

24Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 14:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dyche has been on about finances and transfers this week.

Money was there to spend but three of his targets would have cost over £20 million (I assume these were Deeney, Lansbury and McArthur) and we can't be spending that sort of money. 

I also would think that Dyche would have been looking at M Davies and McManaman as much as Lee the other night.

25Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Copper Dragon wrote:Dyche has been on about finances and transfers this week.

Money was there to spend but three of his targets would have cost over £20 million (I assume these were Deeney, Lansbury and McArthur) and we can't be spending that sort of money. 

I also would think that Dyche would have been looking at M Davies and McManaman as much as Lee the other night.
That's the problem these days. All the players mentioned above are all championship players and still break the bank. Don't get me wrong they are all quality players but this is why the gulf between Premiership and championship is so big. Smaller clubs can't even afford championship players so how can they compete?

26Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i may be missing the point here but how much will Burnley earn from TV revenue even if they only stay one season? It must be a lot more than 20 million i would guess. Surely you have to invest within your means to even have a chance of staying up these days? 
Even if Burnley spent 20 million and came back down they would still be a lot better off and would also have the massively increased parachute payments. They can't surely hope to scrape by with more or less the same squad as last season and expect to survive in my opinion otherwise whats the point of going up? Watching the best players in the world may be exciting to start with but we all want to see our team winning don't we?

27Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought clubs got around 50-60 million every season?

28Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:27

Last season under the terms of the new TV deal, the team finishing rock bottom (Cardiff) picked up about £120 million.

Which is more than Utd received the previous season for winning it.

In purely financial terms, it's definitely worth going up and coming straight back down nowadays......

29Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Last season under the terms of the new TV deal, the team finishing rock bottom (Cardiff) picked up about £120 million.

Which is more than Utd received the previous season for winning it.

In purely financial terms, it's definitely worth going up and coming straight back down nowadays......
Really?!?! I take it back. They can afford them.must just have no ambition.

30Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:35

That's what I heard on Fivelive recently, but looking for data on the internet to back it up, I'm struggling.

It may be wrong, as from what I've found, Cardiff appear to have picked up about £60 million (which still isn't to be sniffed at and is roughly the same as Utd got the year before), but it's not £120 million.

Further digging required......

31Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:40

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Maybe that's the total after parachute payments?

32Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:42

Is the other 60 million not from the parachute payments they will also receive?

33Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:54

Yeah, it appears that's right:

"Even if the Bluebirds are relegated after just one season in the top flight, the club would receive parachute payments of about £60m spread over the following four seasons."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Breadman on Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:58; edited 1 time in total

34Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 16:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:Is it because he thought his players would be good enough to made  a go of the prem or is it because he wanted to be loyal to the players who got them up and give them a chance to prove they can handle the step up? If it's the former then his judgement is questionable and if it's the latter he needs to toughen up a bit because loyalty gets you nowhere in football these days. It will be him that loses his job if they're not up to it not the players. One for copper dragon I suppose.
He's a flash in the pan manager like another they had earlier!

35Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Promotion bonuses
Ground improvements
Training ground improvements
Directors loans repayments (£6 million)
Players wages this season (thought to be in the region of £30 million with the squad as it is now)
Transfer fees (around £8/9 million)

It fair eats away at it.

36Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:He's a flash in the pan manager like another they had earlier!

You lot won't get the chance of ruining this one though.  afro

37Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:He's a flash in the pan manager like another they had earlier!

You lot won't get the chance of ruining this one though.  afro
We don't want him thanks, we have a better manager! :biggrin:

38Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:17

Copper Dragon wrote:Promotion bonuses
Ground improvements
Training ground improvements
Directors loans repayments (£6 million)
Players wages this season (thought to be in the region of £30 million with the squad as it is now)
Transfer fees (around £8/9 million)

It fair eats away at it.

Aaaw........boo hoo, poor you!

Can this clown not do you a sub?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

39Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm good for a loan. I'm loaded. I made it big in Indonesia.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

40Chung yong lee  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chung yong lee Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:55

What have you been told about this?

Hmmm....?

You've even got your own thread, bu no......not good enough is it?

Say you're sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum