Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

English People

+5
Spillthebeans
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1English People Empty English People Tue May 01 2012, 15:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I got home on Sunday morning from my third visit to Turkey, home of not only the club's most gifted player, but some brilliant people too.

The natives I met have had me wondering whether, family aside, there's anything in England worth sticking around for. They made most the people my age in this country seem loathsome - shallow, judgemental, arrogant, etc.

If I didn't have family, I'd say bollocks to my degree, I'd be on the next flight to Dalaman and I'd just get a shitty job in a Marmaris/Icmeler bar.

Am I going over the top, or do you ever feel bored of this country and its people?

2English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am moving to Corfu on my 40th birthday. It's been my plan since I was about 25.

3English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you thought about moving to Scotland?

4English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 16:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Scotland - lol!

I'd love to live in the USA right now. I'd love to live in Spain when I am older.

Don't think I could live in Turkey though.

5English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 16:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was tongue in cheek about Scotland obviously, though i do love Edinburgh it's really great.

Ideally i'd want to live in America, something that would allow me to just watch Basketball all day every day.

6English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 17:00

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

just moved back to UK after spending 13 years in the USA, loved it for first 6 or 7 years, then it started to suck, next stop will be Canada I think

7English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 18:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always different when you are on holiday. When you start working abroad for a living you can soon get homesick.I am sure there are some really nice places to live abroad but I wouldn't recommend Somalia or Bahrain.

8English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 20:55

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Spillthebeans wrote:just moved back to UK after spending 13 years in the USA, loved it for first 6 or 7 years, then it started to suck, next stop will be Canada I think

Suck lol. Very American.

Maybe when you move to Canada it will like, blow. ?

9English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 21:06

I have worked with a few Turkish and found them very helpful and honest. But in the main I find that in the UK too. I suppose it depends who you associate with. Personally England is for me for now - who knows in the future!

10English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 21:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:
Spillthebeans wrote:just moved back to UK after spending 13 years in the USA, loved it for first 6 or 7 years, then it started to suck, next stop will be Canada I think

Suck lol. Very American.

Maybe when you move to Canada it will like, blow. ?

Person who lived in America for 13 years in using American term shock.

11English People Empty Re: English People Tue May 01 2012, 22:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would love to live in the US, though I have only been 3 times and 2 of them was in the same place, there is just something about america I love.

Whether I would think differently if I lived there god only knows but I wouldn't mind trying or even travelling round the country would do.

12English People Empty Re: English People Wed May 02 2012, 09:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Moved to Holland 5 years ago and still feel that I made the right move. Although we are very similar in culture, I believe the Dutch are more open, more friendly and more relaxed in what they do. Plus the work-life ratio is far superior than back home in UK. They even give workers holiday pay (8% of their annual salary, before tax) every May/June - this is to make sure that people do have at least 1 true holiday a year. In fact they are very on the ball when it comes to people's health with work - compared to the UK.

My ideal objective, would be to move to Australia - preferably either Sydney or Melbourne. Otherwise I would just start up a restaurant/bar in Port Douglas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum