Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Personality of the year

+5
boltonbonce
wessy
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sports Personality of the year Empty Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Did we even have anyone until Hamilton won at the weekend?

Anyway the list is here -

Golfer Rory McIlroy, footballer Gareth Bale, gymnast Max Whitlock, F1's Lewis Hamilton and swimmer Adam Peaty are on the list with Lizzy Yarnold (skeleton).

Boxer Carl Froch, Charlotte Dujardin (dressage), athlete Jo Pavey, plus Paralympic skier Kelly Gallagher and guide Charlotte Evans are nominated.

I'd vote for Lizzy Yarnold personally.

What about you?

2Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Mcilroy without a doubt.

3Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think I'd vote for Lizzy Yarnold too, I wonder how often she shits herself on that tin lid?

4Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes Lizzy all the way.

Unfortunately she won't win it.

5Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Because McIlroy clearly deserves it.

6Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Because McIlroy clearly deserves it.

Does he have a personality because I don't class Golf as a sport?  Very Happy

7Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hamilton won because he as the best car so for me a two horse race, Mcllroy brilliant season. no contest
#

8Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 pm

He won the Open Championship, Ryder Cup and secured a new girlfriend -

Sports Personality of the year 9k=

Well done Rory  :clap:

9Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Did he play in the Ryder Cup on his own?

He'll probably win it anyway because it's a popularity contest at the end of the day.

10Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Rory McIlroy is another person with a requirement for a charisma transplant! Boring cnut playing a boring game, turn all golf courses over and plant spuds on them, feed the world!!!Smile

11Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Twain was right about golf.
'A good walk,spoiled'.

12Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:12 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This award as an history of producing winners with no personality
Nigel Mansell
Mark Owen
Princess Anne

So Hamilton and co should be ok

13Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:48 am

Soul Kitchen wrote:Rory McIlroy is another person with a requirement for a charisma transplant! Boring cnut playing a boring game, turn all golf courses over and plant spuds on them, feed the world!!!Smile

Why do you always write cnut instead of cunt?

14Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lizzy Yarnold, surely a wind up? I'd put Jay Spearing nearer the top.

How many people across the world actually compete in the skeleton? 20 at most. If I slide down Rivington on my nan's tea tray this afternoon I will make it 21, and probably be in the top 10 by tea time.

I've just invented a sport. You hop on one leg while eating Smarties. I declare myself world champion as no one else competes. Is it too late for me to win Sports Personality?

15Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:06 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Roryin  McIlroy is another person with a requirement for a charisma transplant! Boring cnut playing a boring game, turn all golf courses over and plant spuds on them, feed the world!!!Smile

Why do you always write cnut instead of cunt?
Cos I'm dislecksick!!  Very Happy

16Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:10 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lizzy Yarnold, surely a wind up? I'd put Jay Spearing nearer the top.

How many people across the world actually compete in the skeleton? 20 at most. If I slide down Rivington on my nan's tea tray this afternoon I will make it 21, and probably be in the top 10 by tea time.

I've just invented a sport. You hop on one leg while eating Smarties. I declare myself world champion as no one else competes. Is it too late for me to win Sports Personality?
You might have bollox but you wouldn't have the bollox to do that!! 
You stick to what you are good at and leave the more advanced stuff to the professionals!! 
By the way how many Formula 1drivers are there?

17Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:45 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a two horse race for me between Hamilton and McIlroy. I can't see anybody else getting a look-in.

18Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:25 am

wessy wrote:This award as an history of producing winners with no personality
Nigel Mansell
Mark Owen
Princess Anne

So Hamilton and co should be ok

And as he lifted the trophy, he turned to the crowd and shouted: "Take that, losers!"

19Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:29 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're probably right there RT, media spotlight always does the business. 
I remember many years ago when Wigan Rlfc won team of the Year, they were well past their best and should have won it two or three years earlier, it was a token gesture for not awarding it them then. They had actually lost on that day to Leeds and were on a steady decline.

20Sports Personality of the year Empty Re: Sports Personality of the year Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:59 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lynsey Sharp for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum