Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Joke

+6
bwfc71
WhiteBic
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are the 12 names that have been shortlisted for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

Andy Murray
Ben Ainslie
Chris Hoy
David Weir
Ellie Simmonds
Jessica Ennis
Mo Farah
Nicola Adams
Rory McIlroy
Sarah Storey
Katherine Grainger
Bradley Wiggins

Christ Almighty, is that the best we can do? I'm surprised Owen Coyle didn't get on the list, some of them have done less than the foolish Scot.

Ok, I'll give you Andy Murray, he's done well at the top of his sporting profession. But Ben Ainslie? He's sailed a little boat around the harbour, big fucking deal. He didn't even go out into the proper big sea. Ponce.

Chris Hoy rode a bike round a track, not sure how much input he actually had, I suspect the bike he rode should be the one nominated.

David Weir? That 40-something still playing for Rangers? What about Kevin Davies?

Ellie Simmonds. Ok, so she won a few swimming races but her opponents were missing bloody limbs! She's short, not disabled.

Jessica Ennis? Jack of all trades, king of none.

Mo Farah I'll give you, the boy done good.

I can't believe Nicola Adams is on there, the female boxer. There are only 5 other female boxers in the world and two of those are anorexic and one is pregnant. She's the Olympic champion by default!

Rory McIlroy is another I approve of.

Sarah Storer? Never heard of her. If she's related to Stuart she's bound to be a ponce.

Katherine Grainger? Another one I've never heard of. What did she do, win the wheelbarrow race with Sarah Storer at school sportsday?

Bradley Wiggins is another who rode a bike. Ok, he rode it a bit further than Chris Hoy but he had 10 other team-mates who basically did everything for him. I doubt he was even peddling.

Overall, the shortlist is a fucking disgrace. UK sport really is crap.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A year noted worldwide as maybe the best ever for UK sport.

..... Somehow i knew this was coming, a rare miss.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Admit it Hipster, some of those names are laughable.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I assume David Weir is the wheelchair athelete.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Joke 1426918_M01

All the names seem deserving of praise to me, admittedly i wasn't an avid viewer of the Paralympics, so i will defer on those ones but the others for sure. The Olympics was fantastic, Mo and Jess were just terrific, the same goes for Wiggins. Anyone saying they don't deserve a nod is just trolling.

Andy Murray, Olympic Gold, US Open - What a year for that lad.

Who would you have nominated Nat?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I assume David Weir is the wheelchair athelete.

All the names seem deserving of praise to me, admittedly i wasn't an avid viewer of the Paralympics, so i will defer on those ones but the others for sure. The Olympics was fantastic, Mo and Jess were just terrific, the same goes for Wiggins. Anyone saying they don't deserve a nod is just trolling.

Andy Murray, Olympic Gold, US Open - What a year for that lad.

Who would you have nominated Nat?

I'm not trolling and I'm not saying they are not the right names - what I'm saying is the state of British sport must be shite if they are the best 12 sports men & women. Where are the men from our major sports - football, rugby & cricket?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you're saying achievement can only be "gold standard" if it's done by men in Football.

cricket and rugby.... I won't comment on them sports because i would have to be paid to watch them personally.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So you're saying achievement can only be "gold standard" if it's done by men in Football.

cricket and rugby.... I won't comment on them sports because i would have to be paid to watch them personally.

You are a total dick. I'm asking why have our main sports stopped producing stars?

You can play the PC card all you like, but the truth is no one has given a thought to female boxing, cycling or swimming since the Olympic flame went out.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is probably one of the hardest fields to choose from because of our Olympic success. In any other year, Rory McIlroy winning the US open would have put him in strong contention. Likewise Murray winning Olympic Gold and the US Open is a wonderful achievement.

In the Olympics I think Wiggins, Ennis and Farah have to be the top three. Sir Chris Hoy has won the Sports Personality before so I think his single gold will count him out.

My personal choice would be Wiggins, simply because he won the gruelling Tour De France only weeks before winning Olympic gold and that is why he gets my vote.

If Ennis or Farah won it then I wouldn't be disappointed because they are both well deserving of the award.

Ben Ainslie could be a good outside bet simply because of his longevity and the fact that he put British sailing on the map.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This must be a joke Natasha?..

... im pretty sure its a joke

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No joke, I am worried that we aren't producing "stars" in proper sports like football, rugby and cricket.

How many of you have been to watch swimming/cycling/female boxing since the Olympics ended?

NONE OF YOU.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would be surprised if personalities of these "proper" sports as you say have won the award more than 10 times. With it being a massive year in atheletics and other olympic sports surely it cannot come as a shock that the majority of names appeared in London 2012. Didn't Zara Philips win it a couple of years back Exclamation

It's been won 17 times by someone in Athletics, probably because it is an individual sport there achievement stands out more than someone in an team sport.

Only Bobby Moore (1966), Gazza (90), Micheal Owen (98) and Beckham (01) have won it from football. Giggs won it a few years back but that was down to an internet campaign rather than any specific achievement.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who is going to get the overseas personality award ?

Only three contenders for me, Usain Bolt, David Rudisha or Sebastian Vettel.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:This is probably one of the hardest fields to choose from because of our Olympic success. In any other year, Rory McIlroy winning the US open would have put him in strong contention. Likewise Murray winning Olympic Gold and the US Open is a wonderful achievement.

In the Olympics I think Wiggins, Ennis and Farah have to be the top three. Sir Chris Hoy has won the Sports Personality before so I think his single gold will count him out.

My personal choice would be Wiggins, simply because he won the gruelling Tour De France only weeks before winning Olympic gold and that is why he gets my vote.

If Ennis or Farah won it then I wouldn't be disappointed because they are both well deserving of the award.

Ben Ainslie could be a good outside bet simply because of his longevity and the fact that he put British sailing on the map.

:agree:

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:Who is going to get the overseas personality award ?

Only three contenders for me, Usain Bolt, David Rudisha or Sebastian Vettel.

Has to be Ussain Bolt, surely?

As for the thread itself, it has to be Rory, ok the others did well at the olympics but that was over the space of 2 weeks, Rory has been winning nearly every bloody competition in golf all year and is world number 1 at it.

To be so successful at golf in one year is incredible IMO and fully deserves the award, though we all know it will go to one of the lonndon olympians.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally Wiggins to win, hence my agreement with RT - 1st British man to ever win the TdF and then win gold in the Olympics less than 2 weeks later - now that is an achievement!!

Overseas has to be Usain Bolt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cycling isn't a proper sport though. I'm sure if we looked hard enough we'd find a sport where a Brit had won everything. Tiddlywinks or conkers perhaps.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Cycling isn't a proper sport though. I'm sure if we looked hard enough we'd find a sport where a Brit had won everything. Tiddlywinks or conkers perhaps.

Why isn't it a sport?

There are team events and individual events - in fact its more of a sport that football, nowadays!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Why isn't it a sport?

There are team events and individual events - in fact its more of a sport that football, nowadays!

Is space hopping a sport? It has a lot in common with cycling.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is still getting bites?

I'd actually go for Murray myself, very close between him, wiggins, jess and mo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum