Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Joke

+6
bwfc71
WhiteBic
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Murray is a good shout but still hasn't won as much as Rory and isn't world number one in his sport.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This year though, I think Murray has a good case for it.

Jess might be the "crowd favourite" though so to speak.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Oh no doubt Murray has a very strong case and wouldn't be against him winning it.

I'm just not a fan of olympians winning it just for london 2012 alone when it was only over a space of a few weeks.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Why isn't it a sport?

There are team events and individual events - in fact its more of a sport that football, nowadays!

Is space hopping a sport? It has a lot in common with cycling.

such as??

which gear to use where and when?

having to stay trim and fit for the events?

knowing when to take a corner and at what angle and what speed?

Knowing when to be in a slipstream to keep energy levels low ebough until the final sprint?

Yep sure enough space hopping has a lot in common with cycling!!! Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
such as??

Knowing when to be in a slipstream to keep energy levels low ebough until the final sprint?

Your sarcasm is extremely insulting to the current space hopper world champion.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
such as??

Your sarcasm is extremely insulting to the current space hopper world champion.

Is that the same person who keeps going on about being Preston Business Woman of the year, although Preston City Cuncil, or Preston Business Links, or Preston Guild, or Preston Business executive has never heard of the person!!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Is that the same person who keeps going on about being Preston Business Woman of the year, although Preston City Cuncil, or Preston Business Links, or Preston Guild, or Preston Business executive has never heard of the person!!!!

You've phoned them?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You've phoned them?

I have, whilst i was off last week.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I don't believe you. If you'd phoned they would have confirmed.

What did you say?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:I have, whilst i was off last week.

Still unemployed since Natasha got you fired?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nope! Infact I wasn't fired. I was made redundant, although I handed in my resignation only 2 weeks before, along with 4 others at the time - just like 30 others from the office have been made redundant in last 12 months, and 10 more after the New Year! Yes, as you can see I ams till on good terms with a few people, including my old manager, at my old place of work.

Although it was nice to have 6 weeks gardening leave on full pay and the pay out I got, which paid for my business which is almost 12 months old, and of course being one of five principle share-holders in the Prime-Franchise of Nando's for The Netherlands - as well as having a full-time financial job with a certain Native American chain (for Netherlands, Brussels, London, Manchester and soon to be Liverpool).

So basically I have been very busy. Although it did not help that I slipped on ice at the beginning of the year, and fell backwards onto concrete steps, near my apartment, and did my back in for a few months.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I don't believe you. If you'd phoned they would have confirmed.

What did you say?

Most of them said that they have never heard of a Natasha Whittam and that there is no one of that name on the Electoral Roll. In fact the Preston Guild actually laughed at me and thought I was from "Fooled Britannia" and trying to wind them up!!!

How ignorant, I thought, that none of the most important bodies in the City of Preston have not heard of one of their most influential residents! But there again it could actually be true affraid

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:No joke, I am worried that we aren't producing "stars" in proper sports like football, rugby and cricket.

How many of you have been to watch swimming/cycling/female boxing since the Olympics ended?

NONE OF YOU.

Well no shit, this is a football forum, football is clearly all our favorite sport.

More people watch the Olympics than the World cup, and the same amount of people watched the 100m Final as the World Cup Final.

Are you basing the relevance of the sport on the frequency it is played, how many people watch it weekly and how much its in the media?

What exactly is your point?

Should Heston Blumenthal get the next Nobel Prize for chemisrty because more people watch his cooking shows than read about the latest breakthrough in advanced inorganic chemistry..

If its about popularity then why are you even mentioning Rugby? The sport which is played by like 14 countries, and 4 of them are us!

Are you sure your not joking?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I personally would give it to Ian Holloway, he has a great personality.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I do also agree with Nat, it's ridiculous adding the two disabled athletes, they are only on there to look like it's morally decent. Next they will add on a token black guy and Asian guy just to be morally decent.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mo Farah and Nicola Adams are there on merit. I don't think colour comes into where sporting endeavour is concerned.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Mo Farah and Nicola Adams are there on merit. I don't think colour comes into where sporting endeavour is concerned.

Nicola Adams operates in a sport with less than 20 opponents.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Most of them said that they have never heard of a Natasha Whittam and that there is no one of that name on the Electoral Roll. In fact the Preston Guild actually laughed at me and thought I was from "Fooled Britannia" and trying to wind them up!!!

How ignorant, I thought, that none of the most important bodies in the City of Preston have not heard of one of their most influential residents! But there again it could actually be true affraid

Bullshit. If you rang them up and asked for me they wouldn't start searching the electoral roll. They'd say "ah yes, Miss Whittam, the pride of Preston. Did you see her 25 yard volley in 1994?"

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Bullshit. If you rang them up and asked for me they wouldn't start searching the electoral roll. They'd say "ah yes, Miss Whittam, the pride of Preston. Did you see her 25 yard volley in 1994?"

I did ask to see if they knew you and they went "Who?:, so I did explain that you won Businesswoman of Preston and that magnificent volley and all the promotions you do to vitalise that wonderful city and they still did not know who Natasha Whittam is or Whittam International PLC is. thats when they decided to check the E-Roll, and check their system for Whittam Towers inPreston Docks, Quays etc etc and still couidn't find any information on you!!!

It does sound very strange! If I were you, natasha, I would complain about it and that they should commemoaret your achievements somehow - there is still 1 month left of the Preston Guild!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I did ask to see if they knew you and they went "Who?:, so I did explain that you won Businesswoman of Preston and that magnificent volley and all the promotions you do to vitalise that wonderful city and they still did not know who Natasha Whittam is or Whittam International PLC is. thats when they decided to check the E-Roll, and check their system for Whittam Towers inPreston Docks, Quays etc etc and still couidn't find any information on you!!!

It does sound very strange! If I were you, natasha, I would complain about it and that they should commemoaret your achievements somehow - there is still 1 month left of the Preston Guild!!!

Now I know you're bullshitting me....everyone in Preston has heard of Whittam International plc, seeing as it's headed by the Whittams from Preston.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum