Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liverpool v Bolton WINNER PLAYS PALACE on tv!

+18
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
Norpig
Keegan
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
White84
boltonbonce
doffcocker
LW23
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seriously impressive performance, Neil Lennon is massively impressive!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm renaming Adam Bogdan. He's now Gandalf The Green. You shall not pass. 

And the defence was the Great Wall of Macron tonight. An absolutely awesome performance and we even had chances to nick the win. Neil Lennon has completely transformed this squad. It's nigh on impossible to believe these are the same players who looked down and out under Dougie Freedman. 

I can't wait for the replay. I really think we might just be on the verge of another White Hot era.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Liverpool 0-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

A replay at Macron Stadium will be required to separate Wanderers and Liverpool after the two sides played out a 0-0 draw at Anfield in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

In a game of few chances, Dean Moxey came closest for the Whites while Adam Bogdan was to be the hero on the night as he denied the hosts on a number of occasions.

Bolton will now go into the hat for the fifth round of the competition which will take place on Monday evening.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers’ starting XI boasted former Liverpool striker Emile Heskey, while Adam Bogdan also returned between the sticks for the first time since the Whites’ 1-0 victory over Wigan in the third round of the cup.

FIRST HALF

The game began with gusto, with both sides showing their mettle early during a feisty opening period.

Wanderers were the first side to show any real pressure infront of goal though, with Heskey unable to get his shot on while Matt Mills saw his own effort blocked at range.

The hosts were soon on the attack themselves though, with Adam Lallana narrowly failing to connect with a clever through ball which Tim Ream calmly shielded into the arms of Bogdan.

Jordan Henderson was next to try his luck for the Reds ten minutes in, with his half volley from distance being comfortably parried away from danger by the Bolton goalkeeper.

Wanderers however were dealing with any pressure thrown their way, while Phillippe Coutinho ensured that Bogdan was on his guard with a thunderous drive from 20 yards.

Up the other end of the field, Darren Pratley saw a header from just inside the penalty area narrowly clear the crossbar, while Raheem Sterling squandered an opportunity for the home side after powering in on goal.

Sterling was again in the thick of the action on the half hour mark, with the striker’s shot from ten yards taking a deflection off Mills in the body and skidding into the arms of Bogdan.

The Whites then had the collective hearts of Anfield in mouths as Dean Moxey struck a ferocious shot from all of 35 yards, but the full-back saw his effort fly narrowly wide of Simon Mignolet’s near post.

Liverpool responded however with a goalmouth scramble involving Adam Lallana and Joe Allen, with Glen Johnson’s powerful half volley from the resulting loose ball nestling into the Bolton shot-stopper’s arms.

As the clock ran down to the half time break, Wanderers almost stunned Liverpool as Dorian Dervite’s downfield pass caused Mignolet to panic under pressure from Gudjohnsen, but the keeper managed to clear his lines and save his side’s blushes.

SECOND HALF

The home side made one change at the break, bringing on Lazar Markovic in place of Jose Enrique, while Liverpool were the first side to cast their eyes towards goal in the second period at Sterling saw his shot blocked.

No sooner had the hosts pushed forward though, Wanderers were on the front foot themselves with Pratley at the forefront of the Bolton attack, while Eidur Gudjohnsen saw his lofted free-kick from 25 yards clear Mignolet’s crossbar with 51 minutes
gone.

Bogdan was to be the hero two minutes later as Sterling broke free of the Bolton defence to find himself in on goal, but the Hungarian was quickly out of his net to block the ball and clear it to safety.

Heskey was withdrawn shortly after with the frontman receiving a standing ovation from all four sides of Anfield as Conor Wilkinson took his place.

Almost immediately however and with Liverpool forward in their numbers, Coutinho came close on two occasions – once with a rebounded effort just inside the box, and another which forced a smart save out of Bogdan yet again.

Wanderers looked set to open the scoring just after the hour mark as Tim Ream’s curling ball into box was met by Gudjohnsen, only for the Icelander’s first touch to send the ball wide of the post.

Josh Vela was next to provide for the frontman as he made a run to the byline before pulling the ball back into the path of Gudjohnsen, but he was unable to keep his shot down with the goal at his mercy.

With the game heading into its final quarter, Fabio Borini, a second half substitute for Liverpool, forced Bogdan to parry his curled effort around the post with Anfield already on its collective feet.

Jay Spearing was next to receive applause from Anfield, with him replacing Matt Mills with 18 minutes left.

The game was balanced on a knife edge with both sides pouring forwards in their droves in a bid to find a winning goal in the clash while Henderson was left calling for a penalty kick after going down in the box, but to no avail.

As the match entered four minutes of injury time, Borini saw his glancing header fly inches wide of the upright for Liverpool while Henderson also skied an effort high and wide, but the game was to end goalless with the tie to be settled in a replay at
Macron Stadium.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully get a couple of new faces which will help. Should be a great atmosphere at home. Put some money in the bank too.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well done the lads... we gave a good account of ourselves there.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A perfect result for me. I'm safe from the camp bed for at least ten more days but don't have to bear three generations of my family giving me smug grins all week.  Very Happy

Add in the fact that I can go to the replay and take Wendy along with me because my lovely in laws have kindly volunteered to watch our youngest son for us and it's just about an ideal night here in the luckypiper house.  :party:

Keegan, I could not agree more. It was for my money the best display of the season especially considering the opposition and the fact we were away. We actually had some chances to win it and in no way shape or form were we lucky to avoid defeat. 

What makes it all the more impressive is how quickly Neil has turned these players around and how well every man on the park performed tonight. 

Adam Bogdan is my choice for Man Of The Match but I can't think of one single player in a white shirt who really had a bad night. From front to back we looked solid, confident and a totally different outfit to the one that looked destined to be in League One next season just three months ago. Awesome stuff, absolutely top drawer.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First half thought we played really well. 

second half rode our luck but managed to create a couple of chances and defended damn well considering the personnel. 

Good stuff!  :COYW:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:First half thought we played really well. 

second half rode our luck but managed to create a couple of chances and defended damn well considering the personnel. 

Good stuff!  :COYW:
:agree: :clap: :party: :drinks: :footy: :like: ::bwfcfan:: ::bwfc:: :uk:

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So well organised tonight take a bow all involved, the coaching staff under Lennon deserve great credit, how many clean sheets is that. we need a bit more going forward but we closed down superbly

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Crédit where its due, The Boys Done Good, Tonight.

Thought we harried and closed them down, restricted them to minimal chances, after all it was up to them to take the game to us.

My MOM ... Bogdan ... thought Eider should've done better with his chances , but hey, we done well and I'm three parts Pissed ... So fuck em Very Happy

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Sat Jan 24 2015, 22:10; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely fooking superb performance.

Bogdan magnificent, but I thought the defence were different class, outstanding. And Neil Danns and Pratley were everywhere.

Fans brilliant, Lennon inspiring.

Top, top night.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Absolutely fooking superb performance.

Bogdan magnificent, but I thought the defence were different class, outstanding. And Neil Danns and Pratley were everywhere.

Fans brilliant, Lennon inspiring.

Top, top night.

Even Nat's happy!!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat it's not a win but is there any chance of a BEL for this? I imagine there are some unhappy Scousers tonight if my missus is anything to go by.  Laughing

I'd be willing to bet at least one Red mentioned Brookside Close and a patio.  Twisted Evil

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wow, just fucking wow - I know we didn't win but you can't ask much more from the players today, every man stood up and was counted, especially the defence and goal keeper who were immense.

Bogdan was MOTM but it was really hard to a pick an outfield player for MOTM to be fair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think Vela and Ream are both deserving of special mention. Vela was fearless in midfield and Ream made some delightful tackles and passes. I thought Eidur was half a yard short of a brace today but I'm delighted with the performance.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely brilliant performance. A defensive master class, mills definitely man of the match, he had sterling and coutinho in his back pocket.
Also boggers showing why he should be number one, made some superb saves and was very assertive.

Thought we panicked on the ball tbh which is a shame, a bit more composure and we could have won that... Vela the only player that disssapointed for me, he took too long in possession and was caught out too often but he will learn.  

Neil lennon is a fucking genius, it's inevitable that he will get us promoted

Great performance, hard-working and committed, the difference between this team and the one we've seen over the past 3/4 years is massive they clearly believe in the manager and everything he wants from them. 

Even though Mills should have been sent off I thought he (once again) had a great game, as did Bogdan who reaffirmed he's our best keeper in my eyes. Can't fault anybody for that display, but we desperately need some pace back from injury. Hope Clough is fit for the return leg, he could make the difference for us.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As I have said before.....this lad Lennon will not accept defeat. He is a winner, That would have been 6-0 under Doogie with heads hanging to boot.
My concern now is a hangover for Tuesday .....but well dun lads.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:As I have said before.....this lad Lennon will not accept defeat. He is a winner, That would have been 6-0 under Doogie with heads hanging to boot.
My concern now is a hangover for Tuesday .....but well dun lads.
Neil won't allow it mate. He'll have them fired up and anyone who isn't will get dropped faster than Jenna Jameson's knickers.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warning: does contain scousers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum