Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team for the Blackburn game

+9
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Keegan
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Team for the Blackburn game Empty Team for the Blackburn game Wed 4 Mar - 17:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

With so many injury's and the fact that we can only name five loan players in our match day squad, the team more or less picks itself as things stand.

Unless one or two recover quickly or we get another loan in, this I think must be our team.

Amos - Loan

Vela
Mills
Dervite
Ream

Janko - Loan
Danns
Bannon - Loan
Feeney

Le Fondre - Loan
Gudjohnsen

The only variation I can see (unless he starts some of the kids) is Moxey at left back, pushing Ream into midfield.

I somehow got the impression that Lennon did not rate Moxey though(?).

So, have I called it right - and if we could bring anyone in (a realistic loan I mean not a Messi or an Earnshaw) who would that be (or at least for which position)?

What do you think?

Has Craig Davies had a setback or been injured again? He was due back a couple of weeks back wasn't he?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Cravies wasn't thought to be ready yet but was in training and must surely be in contention for next week.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

strangely the above team doesn't look to bad ....at least on paper.  BEN said that Cravies is probably dun for the season.

With the state of affairs now I think just making sure we don't get any closer to the relegation zone is the primary goal.  Basically start over next season.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fortunately we have a few extra days to regroup while Blackburn have the small matter of a FA Cup tie against Liverpool.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They can't use Spearing and Baptiste against us, right?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan wrote:They can't use Spearing and Baptiste against us, right?

They can play if we gave them permission to play in the loan arrangement. Doubt we would have done though.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That looks like a reasonable team to start with- but what will the bench look like?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:That looks like a reasonable team to start with- but what will the bench look like?
 like a School outing i reckon  Very Happy

10Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Thu 5 Mar - 13:37

Wtf must they be doing in training. We must have more players injured than fit now. Just read an article on what players that are out on loan would you bring back. For me there is only one.  Baptiste. Plus it would be a slap in the face to spearing if we brought him back and not our ibiza loving former captain

11Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Thu 5 Mar - 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:With so many injury's and the fact that we can only name five loan players in our match day squad, the team more or less picks itself as things stand.

Unless one or two recover quickly or we get another loan in, this I think must be our team.

Amos - Loan

Vela
Mills
Dervite
Ream

Janko - Loan
Danns
Bannon - Loan
Feeney

Le Fondre - Loan
Gudjohnsen

The only variation I can see (unless he starts some of the kids) is Moxey at left back, pushing Ream into midfield.

I somehow got the impression that Lennon did not rate Moxey though(?).

So, have I called it right - and if we could bring anyone in (a realistic loan I mean not a Messi or an Earnshaw) who would that be (or at least for which position)?

What do you think?

That's a decent looking team and apart from a couple of tweaks I'm not convinced that players returning from injury would add much quality-wise although perhaps a bit more physical presence would help.

If anything, I'm surprised more of Lennon's signings aren't in the frame especially Twardzik, Slavchev and Rochinha.

Up front Eidur would be an obvious partner for ALF but Tom Walker must be close to getting a run out now, but will probably be on the bench with Eaves with either Youngs or Lester drafted in as back up.

It'll be interesting to see what Lennon does, but he has way too much young talent itching for a game to consider recalling the likes of Andrews, Beckford, Baptiste, Spearing etc - although I'm disappointed that White hasn't done enough on loan to be considered as Lennon really likes pacy FBs.

So many players on the books but only 11 starting places......Smile

12Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Thu 5 Mar - 16:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes we are down to the bare bones but I would rather give some of the kids a chance than bring back the likes of Andrews, Beckford, Baptiste and Spearing. Lennon wouldn't have loaned them out if they had any future with us unlike some of the youngsters.

13Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Thu 5 Mar - 18:32

xmiles wrote:Yes we are down to the bare bones but I would rather give some of the kids a chance than bring back the likes of Andrews, Beckford, Baptiste and Spearing. Lennon wouldn't have loaned them out if they had any future with us unlike some of the youngsters.
Baptiste is the exception there.  He was already loaned out.

14Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sat 7 Mar - 16:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I may be going against the majority here but I'd like Baptiste back in our shirt next term. I actually think alongside Wheater we'd have the nucleus of a solid back line. I'd also like to see if we couldn't keep Ben Amos either on a season long loan or as a permanent buy. I think he's got real ability and could well be the long term answer to how to replace Jussi. No offence to Adam or Andy who are both decent but in my opinion neither was close to Jussi's class. Amos isn't there yet but I can see him developing into a keeper of that sort of level.

15Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sat 7 Mar - 17:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I may be going against the majority here but I'd like Baptiste back in our shirt next term. I actually think alongside Wheater we'd have the nucleus of a solid back line.

Baptiste showed time and time again he is a headless chicken. We are well shut. Wheater is a solid defender but way too slow for this level.

I have no doubt Lennon will be looking for a new backline this Summer, a centre half with pace will be top of his list.

16Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun 8 Mar - 10:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I may be going against the majority here but I'd like Baptiste back in our shirt next term. I actually think alongside Wheater we'd have the nucleus of a solid back line.

Baptiste showed time and time again he is a headless chicken. We are well shut. Wheater is a solid defender but way too slow for this level.

I have no doubt Lennon will be looking for a new backline this Summer, a centre half with pace will be top of his list.
I don't think I agree with you here Nat. For one thing we haven't seen what Baptiste can do under a competent manager yet. Also at this level I'm far from convinced that centre backs really need pace. What we need are two solid guys who can win the ball and pass it on to the guys who are quick. Obviously it would be nice if they had pace to burn but in the Championship it's more important that they tackle well and pass straight. I really think Wheater and Baptiste could be a good pairing especially given the financial situation which likely precludes us signing a lot of players of real quality. I think with those two in the middle we can give our younger, faster full backs licence to roam a bit while these two stay back to clean up anything that gets away from the kids.

17Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun 8 Mar - 18:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't think I agree with you here Nat. For one thing we haven't seen what Baptiste can do under a competent manager yet.

Really Peter?
You seem to be genuinely struggling to let Dougie go. Do you have to mention him in every other post? Starting to come across as slightly obsessive.

I don't think the competence of the manager has anything to do with the ridiculous tackles Baptiste made or the penalties he gave away when he was with us and anyway the manager he was playing under has to date got 19 points out of a possible 24 in his new role including 3 from cuffing Lennon's team with the same squad that couldn't buy a point under Psycho which seems pretty competent to me.

As Baptiste seems to be doing OK at Blackburn and was fine at Blackpool it would seem he was just going through a bad patch (he was not alone!). Either that or he just plays well for teams whose name begins with "black".

You have a point about the pairing however he isn't part of Lennon's plans and I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back to play for us ATM anyway.

As for Dougie I thought we'd agreed to disagree about his competence as a manager, and I really think it's time to let it lie. Set Dougie free, man.

18Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun 8 Mar - 18:48

Racist

19Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun 8 Mar - 19:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty lecturing others about a Dougie obsession  affraid

20Team for the Blackburn game Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun 8 Mar - 20:47

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dougie Frredman goes bad after his players have had a full preseason with him to see that he and his coaches really don't know what they are talking about. Forest might go up this season, maybe not, but sure as anything they will be awful next season with Freedman getting a very large payoff. He's a leach that knows how to get his payoff with another managers players. Get over it Lusty or go and follow Freedman at Forest!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum