Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team for the Blackburn game

+9
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Keegan
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Sun Mar 08 2015, 20:49

Are you suggesting Freedman purposefully got sacked in order to get a payoff Jah?

Is there any evidence Freedman is a leach?

22Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Racist

Lost me there y2j...

23Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:19

Just because hes black he can only play well for teams with black in there name.  It was a joke anyway.  Sorry.

24Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freedman was peripheral to my point and you know it. Baptiste has not yet had a chance to show the current manager what he can do. However rather than answer that self evident point you choose to spend three paragraphs or so talking about Dougie then say I'm the one who can't let go?  affraid

Come on lusty, what's up in your world recently my friend? Debates with you are usually fun because you generally have at least some logical basis for your point of view but recently you've become a tunnel visioned, myopic individual who either isn't reading or can't see the posts other users actually type because you only see what you want to see. 

I want the old lusty back, the one who at least had some logic behind his posts even when I disagreed with it.

25Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched the Liverpool/Blackburn game yesterday- and I thought that Baptiste had a good game. I doubt he would want to come back to us unless things at Blackburn really took a turn for the worse.
But from a sort of 'theoretical' stance, I would have him back as he's clearly a player with talent. But it would take someone with fairly powerful skills in persuasion to get him back.
Would Lennon want him?

26Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Lennon would want him back. He's a solid defender and it would save some money to go and buy someone else for our needs elsewhere on the pitch. I've never said Baptiste is a world beater but he's better than some people think and with Wheater he could form a very strong and solid partnership.

27Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:49

bwfc1874 wrote:Are you suggesting Freedman purposefully got sacked in order to get a payoff Jah?

Is there any evidence Freedman is a leach?

Take that as  no then JAH. Incredible that you still can't look at the situation objectively.

28Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:51

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Freedman was peripheral to my point and you know it. Baptiste has not yet had a chance to show the current manager what he can do. However rather than answer that self evident point you choose to spend three paragraphs or so talking about Dougie then say I'm the one who can't let go?  affraid

Come on lusty, what's up in your world recently my friend? Debates with you are usually fun because you generally have at least some logical basis for your point of view but recently you've become a tunnel visioned, myopic individual who either isn't reading or can't see the posts other users actually type because you only see what you want to see. 

I want the old lusty back, the one who at least had some logic behind his posts even when I disagreed with it.

In fairness to Lusty he's right. how can you blame Freedman for Baptiste lunging into ridiculous challenges all the time?

There's a trend with fans at the moment to attribute every negative thing that's happening/happened at the club to Freedman which is ridiculous. 

If we're going to blame Freedman's 'incompetency' for Baptiste's performances for us can we at least have some sort of evidence to back it up?

29Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I've never said Baptiste is a world beater but he's better than some people think and with Wheater he could form a very strong and solid partnership.

As a Laurel & Hardy tribute act perhaps, but not as footballers.

30Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

rammywhite wrote:I doubt he would want to come back to us unless things at Blackburn really took a turn for the worse.
it would take someone with fairly powerful skills in persuasion to get him back.
Isn't he under contract with us? 

We don't need to persuade him. If we want him back here we just tell him he's staying put, or am I missing something here?

31Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 17:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After what happened against Reading, who ever is going had better take their boots just in case.

I couldn't even name a team for tomorrow night, I've lost count on who is and who isn't injured.

32Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Mon Mar 09 2015, 17:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I doubt he would want to come back to us unless things at Blackburn really took a turn for the worse.
it would take someone with fairly powerful skills in persuasion to get him back.
Isn't he under contract with us? 

We don't need to persuade him. If we want him back here we just tell him he's staying put, or am I missing something here?
Technically you're correct -subject to the terms of the loan deal, we could probably insist he does return.
But if he doesn't want to return and play a part then we'd have a sullen disruptive player on our hands ,and that's the last thing we need.
If Lennon can persuade him that he has a serious future with us,then good. But if he's dragged back from the Venkydrome where he seems to be enjoying life simply because we have an injury crisis, then I can't see him being the committed player that we need

33Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Just because hes black he can only play well for teams with black in there name.  It was a joke anyway.  Sorry.

Sorry if I caused offence - wasn't on my radar.
If it had been Bury and Burnley it would have been teams beginning with "Bur"

34Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:55

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Just because hes black he can only play well for teams with black in there name.  It was a joke anyway.  Sorry.

Sorry if I caused offence - wasn't on my radar.
If it had been Bury and Burnley it would have been teams beginning with "Bur"
I was only joking lusty!  No offence caused what so ever.

35Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The more I think about it the less convinced I am that our injuries are such a problem.
There are 3 other potential problems that I can think of though:
1) The players coming in are a lower standard. Not convinced by this as we haven't seen how good half the options actually are and the for the most part, those injured haven't exactly set the world on fire anyway.
2) The players coming in don't know each other well enough. I can believe that one - depends who is selected - but I don't think it's too problematic as it used to take me less than 5 minutes to work out a new teammates playing style or at least what they are likely to do 90% of the time.
3) The players read all the hype about the injuries and armed with a ready made excuse, underperform i.e. they lack conviction and plan to fail.

36Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Tue Mar 10 2015, 14:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The U21 game clued me in on Lonergan's return for tomorrow.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

37Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Wed Mar 11 2015, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondering if it's too late for McCarthy to be considered?

38Team for the Blackburn game - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Blackburn game Wed Mar 11 2015, 15:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Neil had said he should be signed up in time for consideration.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum