Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Meaning of Life

+15
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 18:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Anyway, as for God and heaven and all that, it's a load of shit.

More religious hate from people that have no proof.

As if people centuries ago would write a book (the Bible) and make the stories up.

Ffs there's some thick Bastards think they get 70 virgins when they die! I challenge you to find 70 on Earth over the age of 15!!!

22The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 18:46

Ok, I'll play along for a bit. (Again.)

It's a popular misconception that atheists (like me) don't believe in god.

We are quite open to the notion that he/she/it may exist and we don't say for definite that he/she/it doesn't but we'd like a bit of proof, that's all.

And until anybody comes up with concrete, irrefutable, absolute for definite proof, we'll reserve the right to question the idea.

And that makes us more open minded than the religious lot who aren't prepared to concede that we may be right.

And before anybody (Nat) posts the usual response about it being in the Bible so it must be true, that's not proof.

23The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 18:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Brain dead humans wanting to believe that there is something else.

They've caused enough trouble on this planet, so they should all be wiped out.

The criteria for extermination is if you believe in...... god, ghosts, the after life or Bruce Forsyth ( i know that the last two are linked with one another).

24The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's kinda brain dead to rubbish something and have no proof to back it up.

25The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:03

The answer's 42 by the way.

26The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:It's kinda brain dead to rubbish something and have no proof to back it up.

Proof is in having a brain.

So where's your proof?   Very Happy

27The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is all very simple. Some people believe in God and some don't. Neither team can provide indisputable proof to the other team as to His existence or lack of - therefore who wants to believe should do so and who chooses not to, feel free. There is really no need to insult the intelligence of those who don't happen to share your beliefs or opinions. This topic has been done to death on Nuts and I am yet to hear one person say "You know, you're right - I'm switching sides". Clearly sides have been picked and lines have been drawn. Move along, kids - nothing to see here.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:It's kinda brain dead to rubbish something and have no proof to back it up.

Proof is in having a brain.

So where's your proof?   Very Happy

You sure yours works properly?

29The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:It is all very simple. Some people believe in God and some don't. Neither team can provide indisputable proof to the other team 

One team doesn't need proof because the thought is too extreme and silly.

The other team have become that mental/radicalised (I'm talking about the believers of all the main religions over many years) and have brought fear to the other members of that team (bit like the Mafia) over many centuries that it is ingrained and considered 'normal' now.

Folk can believe in god, that doesn't bother me it's up to the person, but asking folk who don't believe in god... why they don't and if they have proof of him not existing, is a piss take.

30The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

Folk can believe in god, that doesn't bother me it's up to the person, but asking folk who don't believe in god... why they don't and if they have proof of him not existing, is a piss take.

Fuck off back to Burnley. Surely they have forums?

31The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Your first statement is provocative and similar to a believer saying non-believers are stupid. Let's not descend to name-calling. Moving on:

Copper Dragon wrote:Folk can believe in god, that doesn't bother me it's up to the person, but asking folk who don't believe in god... why they don't and if they have proof of him not existing, is a piss take.
People are going to believe what they choose to. If those beliefs don't harm or inconvenience you, why make it an issue worth arguing about?

32The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:Your first statement is provocative and similar to a believer saying non-believers are stupid. Let's not descend to name-calling. Moving on:

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't need to point out that a statement with exterminating people on their beliefs and one with Bruce Forsyth in it, is not meant to be taken seriously.

33The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 19:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

Fuck off back to Burnley. Surely they have forums?

Very Christian!

34The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of the religious hate on here.

If I was black and being racially abused there would be bans. If I was a gay and having homophobic abuse written about me there would be bans.

So surely religious hate posts should result in bans?

35The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 20:32

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

This. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have rocks in their head.

You fuckwit.

Tolerance and respect begins with being able to respond to someone else's opinion without resorting to calling them a fuckwit.

You'd probably get more sympathy and less derision if you considered that point for a bit......

36The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 20:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

This. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have rocks in their head.

You fuckwit. Can 25 million catholics be wrong?

You'll regret your lack of faith one day. You'll be outside the Pearly Gates picking up rubbish and I'll be inside having my feet rubbed.
 if i get to heaven (big if at the moment as i'm a fervent non-believer) then i would expect more than a foot rub  Very Happy

37The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 21:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Tolerance and respect begins with being able to respond to someone else's opinion without resorting to calling them a fuckwit.

Who said I wanted tolerance and respect?

I'm better than all of you fuckwits so I couldn't give a shite what you think.

38The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 21:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

But you've read your Bible,so you know all about it.

39The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 21:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:
Keegan wrote:Your first statement is provocative and similar to a believer saying non-believers are stupid. Let's not descend to name-calling. Moving on:

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't need to point out that a statement with exterminating people on their beliefs and one with Bruce Forsyth in it, is not meant to be taken seriously.
That has been the tone every time the topic comes up, Copper - Christians are stupid. Another thing - don't you dare diss Ras Brucie!
:face2:

40The Meaning of Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 21:28

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Who said I wanted tolerance and respect?

Er.......you did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum