Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Meaning of Life

+15
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 23:28

Copper Dragon wrote:Darwin?

Is he the fella who made big tortoises on the Galapagos Islands?

Yeah, him.

And the good people of Blackburn were so impressed at his ability to spontaneously create massive testudinidae, they named an end after him.

Easily pleased obviously.....

62The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 23:37

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What a crackpot he must have been.

It's a pity we can't prove that he was real, just books and stories to go off.

Colin Bell has an end named after him.

63The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Fri Mar 20 2015, 23:39

Copper Dragon wrote:

Colin Bell has an end named after him.

The only decent thing Utd fans have ever done.

Thank Dawkins for internet polls!

(Even though it's not actually true.)

64The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 00:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Colin Bell played for City.

(Or am I missing a joke here?).

65The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 00:31

When it was announced that City were moving into the City of Manchester Stadium after the Commonwealth Games, the club announced that they were looking to give the stands new names as it was a new ground and was virgin territory.

They (foolishly) conducted an internet poll to decide on the most popular names for them, which they would then adopt.

Utd fans hijacked it and voted in the kind of numbers that Westminster politicians can only dream of for "The Bell End" for one end of the ground, purportedly (and sneakily) in honour of Colin "Nijinsky" Bell.

Unfortunately, the people in charge at City realised what was going on and vetoed it.

Thought you would've known that.

66The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 00:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:It is all very simple. Some people believe in God and some don't. Neither team can provide indisputable proof to the other team as to His existence or lack of - therefore who wants to believe should do so and who chooses not to, feel free. There is really no need to insult the intelligence of those who don't happen to share your beliefs or opinions. This topic has been done to death on Nuts and I am yet to hear one person say "You know, you're right - I'm switching sides". Clearly sides have been picked and lines have been drawn. Move along, kids - nothing to see here.

This! :clap:

67The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 01:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not believing in God is not a "belief" in itself.
People who don't believe in God argue that there is no proof of existence.

The simplest argument I can think of to demonstrate that their is no proof of God is...

Believers will claim that the complexity of Life on our planet shows that there must be an intelligent designer. However, by definition, that intelligent designer must therefore be more complex than that which he designed. Which mean that if complex life on our planet could not come about without a designer then our complex designer must also have had an even more complex creator. If you follow this back logically you get into an infinite loop of ever greater complexity. 
The only way out of this loop is if you change the rules and decide to go the other way, starting with a simple source which becomes gradually more complex, which is the basis for evolution.

I accept that I will never know the true origins of life and how the universe came to be - I would love to know but I never will - and neither will any of us on here, religious or not. 

It is technically possible that a God created the earth but I don't personally think it is the case. And if there is a God, I don't like him. Loo at the world. Christians claim that God is perfect and has perfect morals and perfect justice. Have you people read the bible or seen the news?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

68The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 01:12

Biggie.....you seem properly stressed, mate.

The whole "chest pain" thing and now this.

Here's an idea: Go to bed at a reasonable hour, don't waste your time trying to set the world right on a football forum, see the bigger picture and chill the fuck out.

I'm starting to think I've been had on Nuts.

Again.....

69The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 01:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I find it de-stresses me to come on here and talk and read when I cant relax at night.

Ps - went to the docs today. Went ok.

70The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 03:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The burden of proof lies with those making the claims.
Many groups of people deny the existence of God. Does the fact that they do not believe he exists preclude them from providing proof? As against claiming that he does not exist?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

71The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 12:11

Keegan wrote:
Many groups of people deny the existence of God. Does the fact that they do not believe he exists preclude them from providing proof? As against claiming that he does not exist?

Yes.

You can't prove a negative.

If I was selling a set of golf clubs on Ebay and you bought them off me but never received them, you'd want an explanation, wouldn't you?

If I just said "Well, the golf clubs exist and I believe that I sent them to you, so you must have them", you wouldn't just accept the situation and go "Oh well, fair enough" would you?

The burden of proof would lie with me to prove that (A) they existed in the first place and (B) I sent them to you.

Ebay wouldn't contact you and say "It's your responsibility to prove you haven't received them, not the seller" would they?

Same with god: If you say he exists, it's up to you to prove he does and not up to us to prove he doesn't.

72The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 12:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is only one true God.
The Meaning of Life - Page 4 U2P13036

73The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 12:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought is was Freddie Hill but had to check, before my time old man  Laughing

74The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i thought is was Freddie Hill but had to check, before my time old man  Laughing
Very Happy My past is in black and white.

75The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 12:54

Ah, is that who it is?

I've just spent 15 minutes googling all the pre-1970 Bolton Players I could think of without success.

It's funny isn't it that everybody's got one player from when they were a kid who always sticks out as a favourite.

Here's mine:

The Meaning of Life - Page 4 MMLShthOaS0pEPcC0CImiUg

And he is God.

76The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 13:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Thompson.  Very Happy

77The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 13:33

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I know there is a beyond, i have been visited by a dead child who was killed by a car outside her home  a shop in a street, i was sleeping in her bedroom and she left me in no doubt about it it shit me up bad.

78The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why were you sleeping in a dead childs room?

79The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 14:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read something like that once before. 

It was found amongst the possessions of a serial killer after police raided his dungeon.

80The Meaning of Life - Page 4 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 18:47

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Keegan wrote:

Yes. You don't have to prove something isn't there. That would be ridiculous.

Can you prove to me that there is not a fairy made out of chocolate living in one of the craters on mars?

No you cant. But if I said there was one, you would deny it existed unless somebody provided proof or realistic evidence that it did exist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum