Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Meaning of Life

+15
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 18:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just to add to that...

Think of any crazy way out concept you can.

There is a teapot orbiting the sun.
There are dragons in the centre of the earth.

Then, try to prove that they don't exist. You cant. Its impossible to prove a negative.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

82The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 18:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again this is a request that wouldn't be asked by any rational person in any other walk of life. It's simply because there's no evidence to be provided.

83The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Breadman wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The burden of proof lies with those making the claims.
Many groups of people deny the existence of God. Does the fact that they do not believe he exists preclude them from providing proof? As against claiming that he does not exist?

Yes.

You can't prove a negative.

If I was selling a set of golf clubs on Ebay and you bought them off me but never received them, you'd want an explanation, wouldn't you?

If I just said "Well, the golf clubs exist and I believe that I sent them to you, so you must have them", you wouldn't just accept the situation and go "Oh well, fair enough" would you?

The burden of proof would lie with me to prove that (A) they existed in the first place and (B) I sent them to you.

Ebay wouldn't contact you and say "It's your responsibility to prove you haven't received them, not the seller" would they?

Same with god: If you say he exists, it's up to you to prove he does and not up to us to prove he doesn't.
I don't believe that.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

84The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sat Mar 21 2015, 22:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And another thing!

Them believers touch children, set bombs off, behead charity workers, force people to move out of their homeland, machine gun shoppers to death and call other people fuckwits.

Sorry, I've gone too far again. 

I hope everyone is looking forward to Easter where bunnies, chocolate eggs and a crammed football fixture list are the order of the day.  

85The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 00:41

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Why were you sleeping in a dead childs room?
Because i was asked to by the then present house owner, the child had died in the 1950's the shop was by then closed down and converted back to a house. I was not bothered about doing it nothing scares me except flying but i never felt fear like that before, when she came i damn near shit myself and i dont want to ever see or hear anything like that again, she made things in the room move about on there own i was paralysed with fear, she was a little girl with knowledge of things i could not comprehend, she never left the house and is probably still there from what i was told a few years ago by a new owner who's wife was dying and wanted a spiritualist to visit the house to help her with dying when the woman arrived as she walked in the front door she told them they had a child in the house, the husband said we have no children and she said there is one here that cant move on.

86The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 00:55

I think youre confusing something that may or may not have happened to you with a film that youve watched which was quite a popular film called the exorcist or was it poltergeist i dunno anyway it was about a dead kid who haunted the house she lived in and she scared the shit out of her parents and they all died horribly and she lived in the telly and spoke to them out of it or was it the fridge or the toaster i dunno.

anyway i'm not convinced.

it might have been the ring.

87The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

*Ringu Razz

88The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Peter and Paul are standing 20 feet away from a bucket. Peter believes there are ripe mangoes in the bucket and Paul believes the bucket is empty. Peter has faith that there are mangoes in it and he does not feel the need to go to the bucket to prove anything to Paul. Paul goes over to the bucket in full view of Peter, holds it upside down over his head and proves that the bucket is in fact, empty. Has Paul proven a negative?

89The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:17

Two things:

Karl - top original, Japanese film reference.

Keegs - You're taking the piss now, aren't you?

Mangoes? They're just pears with bad skin.

90The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I asked a serious question, Bread - but if in one statement you say there is no God and diss Mangoes, this conversation is over. I can't do sacrilege, sorry.

91The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I once ate two mangoes one after t'other and it made me poorly for a short while (true story).

I presume it was the Vitamin A fighting away.

92The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:42

Keegan wrote:I asked a serious question, Bread - but if in one statement you say there is no God and diss Mangoes, this conversation is over. I can't do sacrilege, sorry.

Erm.....OK.

Here's my honest answer:

Pete and Paul stood there for a bit looking at the bucket.

Paul eventually said to Pete: "What are we doing here? COPS is on and I want to watch it - they're bustin' a drug dealer in Houston tonight and it looks like it's worth watching."

Pete responds by saying: "Er.....we've been co-opted into some weird football forum discussion about whether or not God exists so shut up and contemplate the mango."

"No COPS then?"

"No, this is about God and is obviously more important, so shut up and watch the mangoes."

Nothing happens in the bucket.

For a long time............ (COPS has long since finished and we're into repeats of Friends now)

Paul then says "Right then.......the mangoes are still there. Totally unchanged. So what now? Can we go home...... please?

Peter thinks for a bit, shakes his head and then says "OK, we're off home. But tomorrow, we're buying new mangoes."

93The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And a new bucket because Paul has defecated in the bucket.

94The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:52

Yes, obviously.

Paul's from Blackburn and they aren't as sophisticated as the rest of us normal people.

We see a bucket and we use it to carry water.

They see one and they immediately poo in it and then grin and say "Bin a good boy, Mummy. Sweeties now!"

Bit embarrassing when you're 27.......

95The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 11:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

By way of explanations, and I'm not very good at this, I asked my sister, who was involved with spiritualism, who was God ?
With spiritualism, apparently, you live your life, learning and doing, and when you die, your spirit comes back according to what you have lived your past life. As you improve your spirit life, you move on to the next level. In a nutshell, God is the supreme being, (spirit).
I'm not a spiritualist, but it does seem to tie in a few loose ends with ghosts, spirits, etc, where they cannot 'move on' . I have to say that I have had one or two, and know of more, events involving spirits. With this in mind, I found it easier to believe there is 'something' out there, but what label people put on it is up to them.
The practice of making up stories and a way of life to justify a particular way of thinking is down to each religion, and as time moves on, any evidence, real or otherwise is changed. I once read that the Bible was written over a period of 200-300 years, and developed from nothing more than a collection of stories, started by the founders, (much like the Koran), and new events were added, real or otherwise, as time went by, to be presented as the real truth, etc.
It begs the question, of how can you believe something so old, other than just having faith that it really happened, and the lessons they are trying give apply to all, (and we all know this doesn't happen)
As for me, with all my ailments, I'm getting ready to start 'cramming for my finals', just in case Smile

96The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 11:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Religion is bollocks, written to make us all behave, but as for spirits, demons, and stuff there has to be something in it, due to the modern day events recorded, and the secrets of the church, things that they dont want us to know about, witchcraft etc etc.

97The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 12:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

98The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 13:19

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:I think youre confusing something that may or may not have happened to you with a film that youve watched which was quite a popular film called the exorcist or was it poltergeist i dunno anyway it was about a dead kid who haunted the house she lived in and she scared the shit out of her parents and they all died horribly and she lived in the telly and spoke to them out of it or was it the fridge or the toaster i dunno.

anyway i'm not convinced.

it might have been the ring.
I'm convinced you're an asshole.

99The Meaning of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Meaning of Life Sun Mar 22 2015, 13:21

Cheers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum