Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should prisoners be allowed to vote ?

+12
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Lyric Todkill
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
LW23
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
xmiles
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hate to be a cliche but I'm not bothered!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No. They gave up the right when they committed the crime.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

NO

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

WhiteBic wrote:The whole interference from Eurpoe is starting to get me down. Surely the positives of leaving the EU out way the negatives?

Simple fact being that it is NOT Brussels telling us to do this but another European-wide body, created after the war by Churchill, known as the European Court of Human Rights, in Strasbourg.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with the European Court of Human Rights is that there are too many bloody foreigners poking their noses in and trying to tell us what to do. We should tell them to swivel.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:The problem with the European Court of Human Rights is that there are too many bloody foreigners poking their noses in and trying to tell us what to do. We should tell them to swivel.

A few countries already have such as Italy, France and The Netherlands and all have just been fined for denying the, and not big fines either!!!

Sick of the UK being the goody-two-shoes all the time, and I do actually agree, that we should make a stand every now and again against the ECHR.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A prime example of this political bullshit was the hard working greengrocer who topped himself after being heavily fined for selling fruit and veg to pensioners in pounds and ounces instead of kilos. The fact that he also had a metric scale didn't come into it. His argument was that a lot of his older customers preferred to buy their fruit and veg in pounds and ounces rather than in metric. He also sold veg in kilos to anyone who didn't ask for pounds and ounces.

Now what happened to the old saying, " The customer is always right."

It's no fcuking business of Brussels as to how we buy our fruit and veg and don't mention the standardised shape of bananas within the EU.

Smoking is banned in all public buildings throughout the EU but you can still go to Greece or Spain and the buggers are puffing their bloody heads off in the bars and tavernas. They put 'no smoking' signs on some tables and leave the rest blank. So you end up sitting in the same room as people smoking when you are eating. ( Nowt against smokers because they do more than anyone else to keep our economy going)

The restaurant and bar owners just pay the local Mayor a thousand pounds a year and he gives them an exemption ( totally illegal )

The other thing that bloody narks me is that we in the UK follow all these bloody rules and regulations to the letter of the law and we employ legions of bloody jobsworths to make sure the rules are enforced.

In Greece and Spain they just tend to ignore the rules they don't like and only have piecemeal enforcement just to show willing.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:A prime example of this political bullshit was the hard working greengrocer who topped himself after being heavily fined for selling fruit and veg to pensioners in pounds and ounces instead of kilos. The fact that he also had a metric scale didn't come into it. His argument was that a lot of his older customers preferred to buy their fruit and veg in pounds and ounces rather than in metric. He also sold veg in kilos to anyone who didn't ask for pounds and ounces.

Now what happened to the old saying, " The customer is always right."

It's no fcuking business of Brussels as to how we buy our fruit and veg and don't mention the standardised shape of bananas within the EU.

Actually the UK can still use imperial measures. Within 6 month of that law being intorduced a UK specific caveat was introduced - hence why we can still use pints and not 1/2 litre! Also with the banana's that stupid EU wide law was repealed a couple or so years ago.

Reebok Trotter wrote:Smoking is banned in all public buildings throughout the EU but you can still go to Greece or Spain and the buggers are puffing their bloody heads off in the bars and tavernas. They put 'no smoking' signs on some tables and leave the rest blank. So you end up sitting in the same room as people smoking when you are eating. ( Nowt against smokers because they do more than anyone else to keep our economy going)

The restaurant and bar owners just pay the local Mayor a thousand pounds a year and he gives them an exemption ( totally illegal )

Nope, it is down to specific countries whether they want to ban smoking in buildings or not - also there are quite a few countries that do actually have smoking rooms within buildings. Germany is the prime example where in different parts of the country the laws are different such as no smoking, some smoking, smoking rooms etc. Yes the majority of countries have no smoking in buildings but has never been an EU-wide law. There are many countries where the residents break their own laws - such as in Amsterdam many bars allow smoking and very few are fined. This trend of banning smoking, as we all know, originates from the States!!

Reebok Trotter wrote:The other thing that bloody narks me is that we in the UK follow all these bloody rules and regulations to the letter of the law and we employ legions of bloody jobsworths to make sure the rules are enforced.

In Greece and Spain they just tend to ignore the rules they don't like and only have piecemeal enforcement just to show willing.

And what makes it worse is that the UK Parliament actually strengthen some laws whilst don't with others such as migration and foreign workers!!!! [/quote]

But lets not forget ignoring the ECHR is different to ingoring the EU. Presently we can leave the ECHR whenever we want with no repercussions - although to save face as we were the main country to set it up we would never leave, whereas leaving the EU is a different kettle of fish due to the numerous changes and new treaties which would actually cost money - something neither the UK, nor EU, can afford at this moment in time.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Mon Nov 19 2012, 20:26; edited 1 time in total

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:such as in Amsterdam many bars allow smoking

Many even let you smoke weed in them. It's fucking ace.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair there was talk of introducing EU wide regulations, in 2009, mainly to create a level playing field for all member countries as each country has varying degrees of toughness of smoking laws with UK, Ireland and Albania being the most strictest.

In fact, to be fair, if an EU-wide regulation was introduced then the UK would probably have to relent some of their toughness as most member countries allow for smoking rooms and allow cigarette machines.

But the member states do meet up regularly to discuss about the promotion, and selling of tobacco, but are planning no EU-wide regulation and just letting each country decide their own way forward.

And yes, Dave, weed can be smoked in many bars, and coffee shops - and good news is that the weed-pass is not going to happen in Amsterdam - the Mayor has decided against it!!!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:and good news is that the weed-pass is not going to happen in Amsterdam - the Mayor has decided against it!!!

I know. Fantastic news.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

and good news is that the weed-pass is not going to happen in Amsterdam

Does that mean Bernard cannot go now.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

.RT quote :-

( Nowt against smokers because they do more than anyone else to keep our economy going)

I think you'll find they cost the NHS more than the amount they pay in taxes.

But I guess it would be hard to prove one way or the other.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:.RT quote :-

( Nowt against smokers because they do more than anyone else to keep our economy going)

I think you'll find they cost the NHS more than the amount they pay in taxes.

But I guess it would be hard to prove one way or the other.

You could well be correct but the tax that smokers pay on fags is excessive. The revenue to the Government is quite substantial.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Petrol is worse, to be fair, where we pay approx 80p/litre in duty and lets not forget that we also pay the 20% VAT on the total price!!!

So when take those off the actual price per litre is only around 30p!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Petrol is worse, to be fair, where we pay approx 80p/litre in duty and lets not forget that we also pay the 20% VAT on the total price!!!

So when take those off the actual price per litre is only around 30p!!!

What's this "we"?

You live in Holland and use the bus.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well i do drive when i am in the Uk, which is more often that what you think!

Plus I do drive in Holland, just not at weekends - and price of petrol is slightly more expensive than in UK, again due to Duty and the 21% VAT!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On tonight's ITV evening news the Civil litigation lawyers are suggesting that prisoners should be entitled to £750 per head for breaching their right to vote! :wtf2:

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:On tonight's ITV evening news the Civil litigation lawyers are suggesting that prisoners should be entitled to £750 per head for breaching their right to vote! Should prisoners be allowed to vote ? - Page 2 3702174765

That deeply offends my Human Rights!!! Where and who do I make a complaint to....Should prisoners be allowed to vote ? - Page 2 1786228450

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news tonight. Why do we experiment on animals when there are so many lawyers ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum