Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jeremy Corbyn

+6
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
okocha
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
rammywhite
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Fri Oct 30 2015, 10:18

rammywhite wrote:At least he had the sense to wear a red poppy at PMQ, after all the earlier debacle about wearing a white one, or one not at all. Seems like a little bit of practical political pragmatism may be creeping in at the edges to dilute his principles.

It's just a bit of Realpolitik and I'm fine with that.

So long as he doesn't abandon his core principles, that is......

62Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Fri Oct 30 2015, 10:56

Backing calls for Scottish Labour to vote against Trident renewal so no danger of him abandoning his principals in that regard.

Personally I completely agree with scrapping Trident, I don't see the point but as that's not a widely held belief this side of the border I think Labour need to - at the very least - be engaging in a public, open debate about whether it's worth spending £167 billion renewing it.

63Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Fri Oct 30 2015, 16:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes, scrap trident. We've no steel for engineering, only the uncertified China shit.

64Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 17:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Yes, scrap trident. We've no steel for engineering, only the uncertified China shit.

Laughing

65Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 17:19

Corbyn's plan to scrap trident backed by 70% of the Scottish Labour party, so maybe there is scope for a proper debate down here.

66Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Corbyn's plan to scrap trident backed by 70% of the Scottish Labour party, so maybe there is scope for a proper debate down here.

Ridiculous idea put forward by a bunch of hippies.

67Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:42

We're a nobody on the world scene, it's pointless. It's like Chorley moving to a 90,000 seater stadium, trying to be a big dog but ultimately a pointless waste of money.

68Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:We're a nobody on the world scene, it's pointless. It's like Chorley moving to a 90,000 seater stadium, trying to be a big dog but ultimately a pointless waste of money.

Utter rubbish, we are still a major player.

You need to shut the fuck up. Thankfully public opinion is not with you.

69Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 19:34

We're not a major player, China, Russia and the US are. We could have plenty of influence by chasing diplomatic solutions. £167 billion is an obscene amount for what's essentially a status symbol.

70Jeremy Corbyn - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Mon Nov 02 2015, 20:01

If being a "major player" involves acting as a glorified US aircraft carrier moored off the coast of Europe for 60 years then getting dragged into fighting pointless, illegal wars against someone else's enemy and making them hate you to the point where they start to radicalise your own citizenry against you and to blow themselves up on buses and tube trains, you can fucking keep it for me.

Just sayin'......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum