Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colin Wanker's back!

+9
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
terenceanne
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 19:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Nat you've been spouting this nonsense for weeks. It's time you woke up and recognised the reality. If there were so many people out there who wanted the job then why is it still vacant a full three months after becoming available. Peter Reid or Jimmy Phillips will be in the dugout come August.

In fact I'll quite happily put 20 quid to the charity of your choice on it.

You and the other negative knobheads keep saying no one wants the job. Plenty of people have applied for the job, it's just the club don't think they're the right man.

If you think not a single manager (particularly those with no current job) wouldn't jump at the chance to manage a big club like Bolton you are a bigger dick than I thought you were.
Oh dear, you just can't keep it "up" anymore can you Nat? The same old diatribe about me being negative and the same junk about us being a "big" club.

For your information we are (a) NOT a big club and (b) if all those out of work managers were so desperate for a job like ours then where are they? It's been three MONTHS now Nat, not three days, not three weeks but three MONTHS and we're no nearer an appointment now than we were the day Lennon left.

I also note you aren't willing to put your money where your king sized mouth is. Why not? If you're so convinced I'm wrong then take the bet. After all it shouldn't cost you anything if you're right should it?

22Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 19:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Nat you've been spouting this nonsense for weeks. It's time you woke up and recognised the reality. If there were so many people out there who wanted the job then why is it still vacant a full three months after becoming available. Peter Reid or Jimmy Phillips will be in the dugout come August.

In fact I'll quite happily put 20 quid to the charity of your choice on it.

You and the other negative knobheads keep saying no one wants the job. Plenty of people have applied for the job, it's just the club don't think they're the right man.

If you think not a single manager (particularly those with no current job) wouldn't jump at the chance to manage a big club like Bolton you are a bigger dick than I thought you were.
Oh dear, you just can't keep it "up" anymore can you Nat? The same old diatribe about me being negative and the same junk about us being a "big" club.

For your information we are (a) NOT a big club and (b) if all those out of work managers were so desperate for a job like ours then where are they? It's been three MONTHS now Nat, not three days, not three weeks but three MONTHS and we're no nearer an appointment now than we were the day Lennon left.

I also note you aren't willing to put your money where your king sized mouth is. Why not? If you're so convinced I'm wrong then take the bet. After all it shouldn't cost you anything if you're right should it?

How are Bolton not a big club?

Steeped in history, known around the world, won trophies, decent fan base (debatable in recent seasons but you can't blame fans for not turning up to watch shit).

We've spent most of our history in the top tier. We've played in Europe. 

We aren't as big as clubs like United and Liverpool but we are bigger than a lot of current premier league sides.

You seem to take pleasure in putting a club you supposedly support down.

23Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 19:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggers please let's get real here. Our average gate in the premiership was barely over 20K. We're a small town club in the middle of a bunch of other small town clubs living in the shadow of the 2 Manchester teams. We haven't won a major trophy in almost sixty years and we're barely alive after almost being liquidated less than four months ago.

I'm as proud of this club and its history as anyone but to call BWFC a "Big Club" is delusional at best. We are a strong club and a proud one but we aren't big and never will be unless some Shiekh or Russian with a humongous wallet comes in and buys us success.

I love Bolton Wanderers and have done all my life but I don't hold any illusions about who and what we are. If anything I love them all the more because of it. It's easy to be a Man Utd or City fan, they expect to win things and spend mega bucks doing it. Our club requires more than simple glory hunting and frankly I'm glad we're the little guys, the underdogs. It makes it so much more fun when we do win especially against the 'big boys'.

Sure times are tough and I'd be the first to admit I've been pretty down on what's going on right now but I firmly believe we'll be back in the big league knocking off the 'glory hunters' brigades one day. I'm a fan of a small club and proud of it.

24Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 19:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pete wrote:
I'm as proud of this club and its history as anyone but to call BWFC a "Big Club" is delusional at best. We are a strong club and a proud one but we aren't big and never will be unless some Shiekh or Russian with a humongous wallet comes in and buys us success. 

Are you telling me then, that you think Chelsea, Man City and Leicester are big clubs because they have wealthy owners?

Personally I think we are bigger than Leicester.

25Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 20:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Pete wrote:

Are you telling me then, that you think Chelsea, Man City and Leicester are big clubs because they have wealthy owners?

Personally I think we are bigger than Leicester.
That's your right and personally I wouldn't dream of saying otherwise even though I disagree with you. Man City, Chelsea etc are big clubs because of (a) the fact they have won major trophies recently and (b) they have massive fan bases in major cities.

For instance Newcastle are NOT a big club imo because they haven't won a major trophy in just about as long as us. Liverpool on the other hand ARE because despite losing the Europa League final last night they have won things like the FA Cup in the last few years not to mention the Champions League in 2005.

As to Leicester I absolutely love those guys. They've given every football fan in the land a reason to dream and believe again. I really hope they win the CL next year and I wouldn't actually bet against them doing it. If we have just half the team spirit and unity they do next season we'll walk League One.

26Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 20:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:He said on TalkSport this morning that he wants to work for another year,and that's his lot. His wife hasn't been too well of late either,so I can't see him taking a job like us on,which is really a long term project.
I'd take him for a year to steady the ship.

What does "steady the ship" mean?

There's not a ship to be steadied yet as far as I'm concerned. It needs building from top to bottom. Fancy giving that opportunity to somebody we know would be off 12 months later, of all people.

27Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

What does "steady the ship" mean?

You absolute bellend.

Of course there's a ship to steady. We've been relegated twice in 4 seasons. We need to stop the rot.

28Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Boggers please let's get real here. Our average gate in the premiership was barely over 20K. We're a small town club in the middle of a bunch of other small town clubs living in the shadow of the 2 Manchester teams. We haven't won a major trophy in almost sixty years and we're barely alive after almost being liquidated less than four months ago.

I love Bolton Wanderers and have done all my life but I don't hold any illusions about who and what we are. If anything I love them all the more because of it. It's easy to be a Man Utd or City fan, they expect to win things and spend mega bucks doing it. Our club requires more than simple glory hunting and frankly I'm glad we're the little guys, the underdogs. It makes it so much more fun when we do win especially against the 'big boys'.

Sure times are tough and I'd be the first to admit I've been pretty down on what's going on right now but I firmly believe we'll be back in the big league knocking off the 'glory hunters' brigades one day. I'm a fan of a small club and proud of it.

I can't even be arsed tackling each line of bullshit you've written (although, in fairness, I rarely read past your first paragraph because I know you'll be repeating yourself).

We are Bolton Wanderers. We are the biggest club on the planet. Every proper fan believes their team is the biggest and best on the planet.

To follow your logic Leicester are bigger than Liverpool and Bournemouth bigger than Leeds.

You fuckwit.

29Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 21:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:We need to stop the rot.

And the way to do that is to give what little money we've got to some bloke to come in, buy a load of players before pissing off 12 months later, so that his successor is left with a team that isn't his, and very little money to rebuild.

This season is potentially our chance to finally start again. I've no idea why we would want somebody just to come in for a year to "steady the ship".

30Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
And the way to do that is to give what little money we've got to some bloke to come in, buy a load of players before pissing off 12 months later, so that his successor is left with a team that isn't his, and very little money to rebuild.

This season is potentially our chance to finally start again. I've no idea why we would want somebody just to come in for a year to "steady the ship".

You utter bellend. When was the last time we had a long term manager? Fat Sam?

Few clubs have long term managers these days, better to have a short term boss who actually achieves something than some tosser who takes us into the Conference.

31Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Thu May 19 2016, 22:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

You utter bellend. When was the last time we had a long term manager? Fat Sam?

Few clubs have long term managers these days, better to have a short term boss who actually achieves something than some tosser who takes us into the Conference.

You're talking shit. Just for a change.

For a start, you say, we've been relegated twice in 4 seasons. Well the team that got relegated from the Prem was a completely different team to the one that got us relegated from the Championship, bar one or two players.

Secondly, there's a big difference between bringing in a manager who just happens not to last a year for one reason or another - which isn't unusual in 2016 - and brining in somebody you know to begin with won't last that long.

The bottom line is, we've got a choice.

Do we go for somebody who we know has a 12 month plan at best? There's absolutely no guarantee whoever it is that they'll be successful or even lay down any foundations whatsoever in that time. Bare in mind, if they spend money on various useless players, we're back to square one, i.e. a wage bill full of players, leaving whoever comes in next pretty restricted.

Or do we take a chance on somebody who maybe, just maybe, might rebuild the squad over a period of 24-36 months?

32Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 10:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Of course, there is always the chance that if the manager is that good, he'll be taken by a club who has, (even a small amount of) money, which brings us back to a manager who knows he has a year, and can plan accordingly. tough call.

33Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 11:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Of course, there is always the chance that if the manager is that good, he'll be taken by a club who has, (even a small amount of) money, which brings us back to a manager who knows he has a year, and can plan accordingly. tough call.

Considering the relative size of the club in League One, I'd say the only danger of losing a manager to a richer club within a year is if he took us straight up, in which case the whole argument changes.

34Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 11:12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Of course, there is always the chance that if the manager is that good, he'll be taken by a club who has, (even a small amount of) money, which brings us back to a manager who knows he has a year, and can plan accordingly. tough call.

Considering the relative size of the club in League One, I'd say the only danger of losing a manager to a richer club within a year is if he took us straight up, in which case the whole argument changes.
No offense here doff but right now a club with 20p to spare is probably richer than us. Smile

In all seriousness I would like to see Adkins here, I don't think he'll come but I'm a great admirer of what he did at Scunthorpe and Southampton and feel he could do a very good job for us. Of course it would depend on whether or not he wants it and we can afford him but he's worked on a non existent budget before and succeeded. I still think it's going to be Reid or Philips with Reid as DoF but if Adkins wanted it I'd say get him in pronto and be happy.

35Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 11:12

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It has been reported that Warnock who lives in Cornwall and who doesn't want to move has left the Millers because he only wants to work on a part-time basis. Apparently he was looking for staff to run the show when he wasn't there. I don't think there is much future in a 67 year old part-time manager who only wants to turn up the day before the match. Whilst I have no particular preference for the job I would like a full time manager who can give his full attention to the job.

36Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 11:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barryjw wrote:It has been reported that Warnock who lives in Cornwall and who doesn't want to move has left the Millers because he only wants to work on a part-time basis. Apparently he was looking for staff to run the show when he wasn't there. I don't think there is much future in a 67 year old part-time manager who only wants to turn up the day before the match. Whilst I have no particular preference for the job I would like a full time manager who can give his full attention to the job.
In truth I wouldn't want Warnock anyway mate. I know he's an entertaining guy at press conferences and in interviews but I really don't think he's as good as some people believe.

37Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 13:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
In truth I wouldn't want Warnock anyway mate. I know he's an entertaining guy at press conferences and in interviews but I really don't think he's as good as some people believe.

Did an amazing job at Rotherham, they were dead and buried before he got the job.

If they'd sacked Lennon a month earlier than they did and brought in Warnock I suspect we'd still be in the Championship.

38Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 14:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Did an amazing job at Rotherham, they were dead and buried before he got the job.

If they'd sacked Lennon a month earlier than they did and brought in Warnock I suspect we'd still be in the Championship.
I don't agree Nat. I think Warnock at best is a loose cannon and at worst he can be a walking disaster. Personally I still think Neil was hard done to and the way our performances worsened after he left suggests to me he was getting much more out of the players than we thought at the time.

Anyway that's all history now and we are where we are. I'm actually quite hopeful about the future right now given that Adkins is being interviewed next week, I rate him a lot at this level and think he could be just the man we need either to simply arrest the slide we've been on or maybe even turn us around and start us climbing the ladder again. As you said on another thread it's all a matter of opinion and perception of course but I just feel Adkins is the right man at this time.

39Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 15:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know it is all meaningless conjecture but I tend to think Natasha probably nearer the mark on this one - particularly if Lennon had gone when his affair and his alleged threatening behaviour came out.

Some 'well established in the game' managers whether they are the fans favourites or not like Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis and Warnock can get results from player resources many others seem not to be able to.

Yes the club was in a mess but we still had plenty of players that had played at the Championship and higher for several seasons and could have expected to have performed much better than they did.

It certainly would have been a harder job to stay up with the players we had than the unnecessary relegation under Coyle and the squad he had at his disposal but never the less I think do able - after all he kept Rotherham up who were I believe below us when he took over.

All pointless speculation I know but that is what I think.

40Colin Wanker's back! - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 15:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I don't agree Nat. I think Warnock at best is a loose cannon and at worst he can be a walking disaster. Personally I still think Neil was hard done to and the way our performances worsened after he left suggests to me he was getting much more out of the players than we thought at the time.

That post made me laugh out loud. Admit it LPP, you're one of those internet troll things.

Warnock a walking disaster? Tell that to the Rotherham fans who will be watching their team play Newcastle and Aston Villa next season.

Lennon hard done by? Performances worsened? Fuck off. We were FAR more organised under Phillips. The performances against Middlesbrough and Hull were probably the best of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum