Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colin Wanker's back!

+9
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
terenceanne
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Colin Wanker's back! - Page 3 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 15:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The trouble is people think it's an exact science and it's not.

Maybe we had a better squad than Rotherham last season. Maybe not. It's completely subjective.

But either way, Warnock might go to a club in exactly the same position next season with a better man for man squad than he had at Rotherham and have no impact whatsoever. And he might have come to Bolton and not had the same impact on our players as he obviously had on Rotherham's. Each individual player has certain systems, certain tactics, certain methods, certain other personalities that they respond best to and that bring the best out of them as footballers. Obviously the formula for Warnock and Rotherham was just spot on in this instance.

But there's another angle to it that nobody's mentioned. How many managers come into a club late on, have a massive effect that keeps them up, then everything just falls apart the following season? I think a lot of personalities - particularly the Warnocks of the world - can have a great effect on people initially, before they gradually start to piss everyone off and alienate. Look at the Flitcroft brother who kept Barnsley up a few years ago against all the odds, then got sacked before christmas.

42Colin Wanker's back! - Page 3 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:before they gradually start to piss everyone off and alienate.

Fair play, I'm sure you're the expert at this part.

43Colin Wanker's back! - Page 3 Empty Re: Colin Wanker's back! Fri May 20 2016, 19:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I don't agree Nat. I think Warnock at best is a loose cannon and at worst he can be a walking disaster. Personally I still think Neil was hard done to and the way our performances worsened after he left suggests to me he was getting much more out of the players than we thought at the time.

That post made me laugh out loud. Admit it LPP, you're one of those internet troll things.

Warnock a walking disaster? Tell that to the Rotherham fans who will be watching their team play Newcastle and Aston Villa next season.

Lennon hard done by? Performances worsened? Fuck off. We were FAR more organised under Phillips. The performances against Middlesbrough and Hull were probably the best of the season.
No Nat, I just don't rate Warnock. I admit he did well with Rotherham but he does seem to do that in the short term everywhere he's managed. However as a long term appointment he's pretty much failed in every job he's had in the last ten or fifteen years.

Could he have kept us up? Maybe but in all truth I'm far from certain on that score. In fact I think that practically no one out there had much chance because of what was going on behind the scenes. Starting with the staff and players not being paid, the club basically lying through its teeth about what was really going on, the uncertainty surrounding the tax bill and everything else seriously affected the players morale. There isn't much point in saying they should be pro's who can put troubles aside when they don't know if they're going to be paid a week before Christmas and have already failed to be paid in November.

And as to the performances under Phillips need I remind you of Bristol? Need I remind you that he got ONE win during his tenure and that most of the players looked like they couldn't give a damn unless the match happened to be live on Sky? We'll have to agree to disagree on our assessment of his performance.

What I want is for the club to appoint a manager who's in it for the long haul and has his eyes open as to what's going on in reality. I want that embargo dealt with, no matter what anyone says the longer it stays in place the worse it is for the club if only from the point of view that we need to attract investment if we're to climb the leagues again and a club under the most draconian embargo I've ever seen isn't going to be an attractive proposition. Basically I'd like to see some stability, in fact I'm seriously wondering if avoiding admin was the blessing we all thought it was after all. Maybe we should have bitten the bullet and gone into it last season, taken the 12 point penalty and cleaned up the books, particularly where the overpaid ponces we're still stuck with are concerned. As things stand right now I'm genuinely worried we'll wind up in admin later this year anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum