Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Negotiating new trade deals with Europe and other countries...

+8
Boggersbelief
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Post where I've said anything unfair about it.
It's just the whole soapbox thing it's getting old and repetitive.

Then don't read the threads about the referendum? The whole point is everyone gets an opinion.

Some even hunt you down for an opinion, and bring your family into it, mafia style.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I saw this on LinkedIn and thought it was quite funny

I told my son, “You will marry the girl I choose.” 
He said, “NO!” 
I told him, “She is Bill Gates’ daughter.” 
He said, “OK.” 
I called Bill Gates and said, “I want your daughter to marry my son.” 
Bill Gates said, “NO.” 
I told Bill Gates, My son is the CEO of World Bank.” 
Bill Gates said, “OK.” 
I called the President of World Bank and asked him to make my son the CEO. 
He said, “NO.” 
I told him, “My son is Bill Gates’ son-in-law.” 
He said, “OK.” 
This is exactly how politics works . . .

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If anything positive has come out of this it has got people interested in and discussing politics again.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:When have I thrown my toys out the pram? I've said numerous times this uncertainty was bound to happen and may not last, I've also said plenty of times I understand why people would want to leave. 

Stop trying to characterise me (and everyone else who gives another view to your own) in the same way. You clearly want to pidgeon hole all remain voters into the same category with no regard for what's actually being said. 

Im not moaning for the sake of it, or arguing with your 'democratic right' to vote leave. It's just interesting to get everyone's views on what's going to happen.

Sorry, I didn't realise that you are still in your pram.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

NickFazer wrote:If anything positive has come out of this it has got people interested in and discussing politics again.
Discussing is probably a stretch, have you read some of the stuff on here and the referendum thread.  Very Happy

whatsgoingon wrote:I saw this on LinkedIn and thought it was quite funny

He said, “NO!” 
He said, “OK.” 
Bill Gates said, “NO.” 
Bill Gates said, “OK.” 
He said, “NO.” 
He said, “OK.” 
I saw this on linkedin too.  Its becoming more and more like Facebook everyday

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:I saw this on LinkedIn and thought it was quite funny

He said, “NO!” 
He said, “OK.” 
Bill Gates said, “NO.” 
Bill Gates said, “OK.” 
He said, “NO.” 
He said, “OK.” 
I saw this on linkedin too.  Its becoming more and more like Facebook everyday
You're right there, my 2 biggest pet hates on LinkedIn are: people showing off their new cars or houses and trying to dress it so it doesn't look like they are showing off
and people who put personal problems illness on there, and start off with "before you say this should be on Facebook" as a precursor to rambling on about their own shit

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are a lot of people on here who keep coming back to the idea that the current crisis is a short term blip because that's pretty much what Boris, Gove and the other one said would happen before the referendum.

After the referendum, pretty much all the things they predicted would save the economy went wrong, hence the unwillingness to take any responsibility.

Sure the economy may get back to where it was in 10 or 20 years time but we've lost our ass, it's going to harm everyone in society eventually and we've gained absolutely nothing.

And Osborne's austerity budget will still happen. It just won't be called that. It will be called Tory Government policy.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The experts said the outcome of Brexit would be harsh, Gove said folk have had enough of the experts and Ken Clarke said we'd be declaring war on three countries at once if Gove was PM. So laughable if it wasn't so serious!!
Still the Lemmings will be over the cliff before the new PM is named and the shit hits the fan!?!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:If anything positive has come out of this it has got people interested in and discussing politics again.

That, and we're out of the EU!!!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:

That, and we're out of the EU!!!!

We are not out of the EU!

Article 50 is the starting button that still needs to be pressed and then it will be at least 2 years after that before we leave, and realistically it will be about 5 years after it is pressed - if it is ever pressed.

Either way fact is any trade with EU will include the free movement of people (Schengen Agreement) which means we lose passport control (which we currently enjoy) for all EU and EFTA citizens and still have to pay towards the EU to trade with them with nothing coming back and having to apply EU legislation with no opt-outs whilst not having anyone at the table to discuss with other EU leaders!

Voting to Leave basically condemned UK to same lack of control that Switzerland, Norway and Lichtenstein all enjoy!

The Remainers did try to tell the facts but were blasted as scaremongerers - but fact is what we said is actually true, compared to the lies spouted by the Brexiters who have all jumped shipped not wanting to take the UK into the unknown (as the unknown is not for the UK)

Letss put it this way Farage is staying as MEP until end of hi term and with the way the pound is against the euro (currently as of lunchtime today £1 = €1.15 - tourist rate) then he ain't bothered as he has given himself a HUGE payrise at the expense of the people who voted Leave!  (lets not forget that Farage gets paid in Euro's being an MEP)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is World War 3 raging in Switzerland, Norway and Lichtenstein?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is World War 3 raging in Switzerland, Norway and Lichtenstein?
In Switzerland 2 neighbours fell out over a ball going over the fence, which is as close to WW3 you get over there so yes it's all started

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lichtenstein is contemplating declaring war on Britain for stealing their national anthem and Norway is thinking about withdrawing the Christmas tree franchise but the Swiss are keeping very quiet and sitting on the money.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Lichtenstein is contemplating declaring war on Britain for stealing their national anthem and Norway is thinking about withdrawing the Christmas tree franchise but the Swiss are keeping very quiet and sitting on the money.
They're very cautious over in Switzerland, i managed to get a photograph in a bank vault
Negotiating new trade deals with Europe and other countries... - Page 4 Captur11

One for WGO here, Hislop 'on his soapbox' last night.

https://twitter.com/oliverdowding/status/751315247751917568

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum