Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players - aren't really that bothered anymore?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Are footballers not as bothered, not as invested in a team as they used to be?

There used to be a thing - "fighting" against relegation - where you would literally see players giving everything to the cause, working themselves to the bone almost, and leaving the pitch exhausted both physically and mentally. Is that still the case?

When players used to spend 10, 11 12 - 15 years at a club, they cared - and it came across in their performances on the field. You could see the passion they were playing with - and the pride. 

Now, I would argue, what you can see is talented athletes earning a wage, and that is about all. Whatever happened to "fighting" for you life at the bottom of the league? Yes, the players want to win, but their desire to win only just edges their indifference to losing.

Cast you mind back to when it really mattered to a player and picture a time when you saw a player fight for every ball, chase every lost cause, show a determination against all the odds and you probably won't find yourself casting your mind back to any recent games at the UBOL stadium. But why?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our players may be bothered if they got paid, but they should have a bit of professional pride as seeing as most of them are out of contract you would think they would want to put themselves in the shop window.

Players at the top level have all the power now and like with Pogba the club will side with the player and not the manager. The days of lots of players spending their whole careers at one club are gone as well i think. 

To us fans our team is one of the most important things in their lives, to footballers it's just a job and another team and can i get more money out of moving on.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that some of the players have shown a bit of professional pride despite the troubles of the club, but Connell apart, the quality of the passing and link up play was so poor I find it difficult to separate effort and quality. Not sure not getting paid is the root cause of our problems on the pitch, but paying them on time would surely have helped.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:I think that some of the players have shown a bit of professional pride despite the troubles of the club, but Connell apart, the quality of the passing and link up play was so poor I find it difficult to separate effort and quality. Not sure not getting paid is the root cause of our problems on the pitch, but paying them on time would surely have helped.
Lately they've won games when they haven't been paid.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

They may not have been paid on time but they've always been paid. 
My Mrs hah a similar issue where she ended up 2 months behind but being in the real world she didn't have a choice but to crack on with her job and cross her fingers that it would get sorted. 

Cine on though, a lack of fight from the team is tangible. It's as plain as day. Nobody comes to the end of one of our games having busted their gut. Think of a player bending over, hand on his knees, dripping with sweat, the way you see someone at the end of a cup final where they gave everything... You can't say any of our players really have all that to the cause. 

In the end, we got what we deserved based on the collective effort and desire of the team.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A popular opinion among Blackburn supporters is yesterday's match was as easy as it gets at professional level because Bolton were a team who couldn't be arsed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum