Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougies Bolton.

+9
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 10:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:IF tomorrow comes.

Bear in mind, all our recent young 'starlets' have signed, gone on various loans, never got near the first team, then been fucked off...

U14s doing really well by all accounts. Not long now.

lol! ::wtf::

22Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 11:20

Reebok_Rebel wrote:IF tomorrow comes.

Bear in mind, all our recent young 'starlets' have signed, gone on various loans, never got near the first team, then been fucked off...

We don't really have much choice though, we can't afford to throw money at players who we can't sell on because they're too old.

Investing in the academy is the only way really and Dougie seems to be investing in a long term plan for success. Give him time to do it.

23Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="bwfc1874"]
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Investing in the academy is the only way really and Dougie seems to be investing in a long term plan for success. Give him time to do it.

No manager has time to develop a long term plan unless things are going well on the 1st team pitch. If we're bottom of the Championship with a fantastic youth team no one will give a shite - they will want Dougie's head on a plate.

The only thing that matters in football is the here and now.

24Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 11:56

[quote="Natasha Whittam"]
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

No manager has time to develop a long term plan unless things are going well on the 1st team pitch. If we're bottom of the Championship with a fantastic youth team no one will give a shite - they will want Dougie's head on a plate.

That's undeniable. But we're not bottom of the championship and we won't be next season. He'll take us up next year and that's what he's preparing for.

25Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="bwfc1874"]
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

That's undeniable. But we're not bottom of the championship and we won't be next season. He'll take us up next year and that's what he's preparing for.

How much (expressed as a percentage) of your assets would you be willing to gamble on that statement?

26Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:16

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

How much (expressed as a percentage) of your assets would you be willing to gamble on that statement?

That's pretty irrelevant.

27Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We still have plenty of experienced overpaid ponces to keep us up - in fact according to the pundits they should have us pushing for promotion. "Favourites" was an unwelcome term bandied about at the beginning of the season.

We can't afford to stay on that financial treadmill, so developing new talent is an additional piece of work that will hopefully change the game. If we don't get promoted this season (which doesn't look very likely ATM) I won't be losing sleep over it as long as something is being invested in our future - which is exactly what DF and the club are doing.

28Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Its not, If you make such a statement with such confidence, you should be willing to back it up.

Or do you not have as much blind faith as you make out?

29Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:25

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Its not, If you make such a statement with such confidence, you should be willing to back it up.

Oh right okay then Rebel, I'll put every imaginary penny I have on that statement then.

Does that count as 'backing it up'?

30Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Oh right okay then Rebel, I'll put every imaginary penny I have on that statement then.

I want a photo of the deeds to your house and your car log book.

31Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

How do i know your not lying?

I just think saying something along the lines of 'Dougie will get us promoted with a squad of other clubs academy rejects next season for sure' was just a bit too much...

I have a feeling they will fall on their arses like almost all our other 'young stars' have of late.

32Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:31

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I want a photo of the deeds to your house and your car log book.

I'm also betting my private jet and holiday home.

I hope this convinces Rebel how certain I am :pray:

33Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If this is about us getting promoted next season I will also bet my imaginary ass on it. And if you think I'm not good for it, here it is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 13:04

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Dougie is going about things in the correct way, he is trying to build a strong youth based club where we can bring players through our own ranks and sell them on for a healthy profit when the time is right. Ok, from a fans point of view this probably doesn't sound like a great idea because we want to win things and see great players playing for us week in week out, however at this moment in time it is no possible with the amount of debt we are in. Therefore we are turning a corner and acting now before it is too late and there is no club to support. Hopefully we can carry on buulding a good set up at Bolton and end up back into the premiership for a long time to come. I have come to accept that we probably won't be back up for some time to come, however if we continue on this path, I am confident that in a few years time we will be better off because of the things we are doing now. Maybe we will attracted new rich owners then, you never know. But one thing I do know is that the future is bright, the future is white! COYWM!

35Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 13:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougies bolton compared to Megsons and Coyle is different and how people can't see it is beyond me.

We keep it on the floor alot more than we did under the previous two managers, it's work in progress and Dougie is actually playing the young lads like Vela and Sordell unlike Coyle could talk up our youngsters until the cows come home but never played them.

I'm very optimistic about the remainder of the season and next season.

36Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 13:18

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well i was hoping for a good transfer window and i think its turned out to be a bloody good one! Dougies bolton looks far more promising all ready and the news of kamara can only be good! Still think this season will be too early for him to take us up but next season...why not!

37Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 14:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote: it's work in progress and Dougie is actually playing the young lads like Vela and Sordell.

He's played them in meaningless cup matches, just as Coyle would have done.

Come back to me when they start a Championship game.

38Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 15:30

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote: it's work in progress and Dougie is actually playing the young lads like Vela and Sordell.

He's played them in meaningless cup matches, just as Coyle would have done.

Come back to me when they start a Championship game.

Sordell would probably have left had Coyle still been here

39Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 15:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think thats known as "bringing players on"

throwing players in at the deep end isn't particularly clever unless you're talking world stars like Rooney, Cesc etc.

and I'm fairly confident vela isn't of that quality.

40Dougies Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed 30 Jan - 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think thats known as "bringing players on"

throwing players in at the deep end isn't particularly clever unless you're talking world stars like Rooney, Cesc etc.

and I'm fairly confident vela isn't of that quality.

Ha ha, you big tit.

This isn't war, it's a game of football. It's people like you that have turned football into a ponces sport.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum