Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougies Bolton.

+9
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 15:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you knew anything about management you'd agree.

unfortunately you don't.

42Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 15:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster has a UEFA pro licence you know...

43Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 16:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rebel you don't need a UEFA pro licence to know some basic man management skills.

I was mid level manager for a bit and i wouldn't put someone who'd been in the company for about 2 weeks on a really important task, until i was confident they could accomplish it.

Anyone with half a brain can figure that out. Yep, even me!

44Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 16:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rebel you don't need a UEFA pro licence to know some basic man management skills.

I was mid level manager for a bit and i wouldn't put someone who'd been in the company for about 2 weeks on a really important task, until i was confident they could accomplish it.

Im also Middle management, but this is football hipster. Players are signed on the basis of their reputation and not through an interview process, they Dont have to convince anybody that they are suitable for the job - in fact, its the other way round, the club wants the player first.

45Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rebel you don't need a UEFA pro licence to know some basic man management skills.

Most footballers have been kicking a ball since they were 5 years old and playing in teams since they were 8.

Stop making excuses you utter ponce.

46Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 16:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Im also Middle management, but this is football hipster. Players are signed on the basis of their reputation and not through an interview process, they Dont have to convince anybody that they are suitable for the job - in fact, its the other way round, the club wants the player first.

we're talking about youth players and when they're ready to be playing week in week out.

or at least i thought we were.

established players who are signed is completely different.

47Dougies Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dougies Bolton. Wed Jan 30 2013, 17:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no manager in the business I'd be CERTAIN would take us up next season, let alone Dougie, who's reputation is no cleverer than Coyle's when he pitched up.

A few young players on the cheap doesn't necessarily equal effective, sustainable long-term plan. The list of players brought in by Coyle matching this description is endless, but his ultimate plan was far from effective or sustainable.

I'm exceptionally disappointed with his selections so far and I find the game he talks difficult to relate to. One point commonly made across Palace boards mind was that he eventually proved nifty in the transfer window. Only time will tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum