Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrated musician's

+18
Lofty_Love
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Lyric Todkill
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 08:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't say Elvis and Roy Orbison were overrated. And what about the Smiths? Didn't they dedicate a song to Angry Dad?

https://youtu.be/TaUUYV7wKos

22Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 08:45

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Coldplay

They are pretty good

23Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:14

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I fucking hate Coldplay.

24Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Nirvana

Nirvana are far and away the greatest rock band of all time.

25Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought David Bowie was the king of music.

26Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always thought Michael Barratt was overrated but the ladies loved him.

27Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

rammywhite wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:U2 Nirvana Queen Beach Boy's Florence and the machine Bob Dylan Elvis Costello David Bowie Elvis Presley Roy Orbison Eric Clapton Cream. Yardbirds. Led zeppelin. Rush. Frank Zappa. Yes. The Smith's. Oasis. The drugs don't work fuckers . All rap tossers. Most soul acts apart from Marvin Gaye. Michael Jackson. Mumford and son. Mariah Carey. The Jam. Paul Weller. George Michael. Buddy Holly. Cliff Richard .

AD- quite a list.
Give us a clue who you do like!
I only go for cutting edge stuff like Des o'connor, Rolf Harris, Dana,Val Doonican, and when i taken some stuff I will freak out to Roger Whittaker Barry Manilow. Fuck that Whittaker can whistle.

28Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Are they fuck!! There's only one band got that and it's the Rolling Stones.

29Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Followed by the Who.

30Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 11:38

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keith Moon was fucking brilliant.

31Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 11:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Foo Fighters ,rubbish band with a crap drummer.

Taylor Hawkins is a very good drummer, as is Dave Grohl.

32Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Paice was a brilliant drummer.

33Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:00

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't Taylor Hawkins leave?

34Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly I haven't bought a Foo's record since one by one. I think their latest stuff is really poor, absolutely loved them in the 90's though.

I didn't know he'd left!

35Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not 100% sure tbh.

Think I remember seeing something about him leaving though.

I've seen the Foo Fighters at a few festivals over the years.

I'm not their biggest fan but they're good live.

Grohl and Hawkins would switch for some songs. Grohl on the drums and Hawkins playing guitar and singing.

36Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen them a couple of times, once at the NEC and saw them at Reading 2002.

In their prime they really were very good.

37Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In my opinion the Beatles were vastly over rated along to some degree with the Rolling Stones. The Beatles were in the right place at the right time and struck a note with the mums and dads at the time. No edge to their music as you would get with their peers The Who or from across the pond with The Doors. The early Stones blues stuff was excellent but they tended to lose their way early seventies. Closer to modern times U2 and Coldplay have never floated my boat and Oasis first two albums have never been surpassed by them and as a live act I've got to say they were pretty grim!
Fortunately music is all down to taste, just like supping real ale and given that some folk like One Direction who am I to argue?
What I have always marvelled at is that Zak Starkey is a better drummer than his dad but that's down to the tutor!?
If I had to nail my hat on the worst drummer I've heard it would have to be Meg White and her ex is a bit of a tosser as well, although I have a mate who's swears he's the best guitarist to ever walk the planet!!Very Happy

38Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Never mind was a classic first album if I remember rightly?

39Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:27

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote: Meg White and her ex is a bit of a tosser as well, although I have a mate who's swears he's the best guitarist to ever walk the planet!!Very Happy

Who's her ex? Jack White is her brother if that's who you mean?

40Overrated musician's - Page 2 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Never mind was a classic first album if I remember rightly?

"Bleach" was actually their first album, and their best in my opinion. Closely followed by Nevermind. Brilliant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum