Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrated musician's

+18
Lofty_Love
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Lyric Todkill
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's dead so you've got your wish.

62Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:This fucking shit need's wiping off the face of the earth.

You're too late AD.

63Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:This fucking shit need's wiping off the face of the earth.

You're too late AD.
Well its no loss is it, but i meant the noise he was making, how can that be classed as music, its a joke, its nonsense and its embarrassing its pure shit. Fuck it really does make me angry every time i see these dildo's corny rhymes and stupid finger pointing. I 'd rather listen to katy perry or katie price or Ken Dodd being continuously hit with a brick.

64Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Well its no loss is it, but i meant the noise he was making, how can that be classed as music, its a joke, its nonsense and its embarrassing its pure shit. Fuck it really does make me angry every time i see these dildo's corny rhymes and stupid finger pointing. I 'd rather listen to katy perry or katie price or Ken Dodd being continuously hit with a brick.

You shouldn't judge a whole genre on a couple of rappers who can't rap.

Public Enemy are the greatest lyricists on the planet, I'd happily listen to the lyrics from their early albums without music they were that good.

Even the examples given by 1874 are not what I would class as proper hip-hop, they're more at the pop end.

I got into rap for the anger, the energy, and musicians actually trying to say something. And while hip-hop is a total embarrassment these days, back in the 90's it was the greatest music on the planet.

65Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:38

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

:agree:

66Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 12:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Well its no loss is it, but i meant the noise he was making, how can that be classed as music, its a joke, its nonsense and its embarrassing its pure shit. Fuck it really does make me angry every time i see these dildo's corny rhymes and stupid finger pointing. I 'd rather listen to katy perry or katie price or Ken Dodd being continuously hit with a brick.

Public Enemy are the greatest lyricists on the planet, I'd happily listen to the lyrics from their early albums without music they were that good.

Even the examples given by 1874 are not what I would class as proper hip-hop, they're more at the pop end.

I got into rap for the anger, the energy, and musicians actually trying to say something. And while hip-hop is a total embarrassment these days, back in the 90's it was the greatest music on the planet.
Each to their own nat,that's what its all about.

67Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 12:29

Natasha Whittam wrote:

A tribe called quest are pop? No chance.

What about this www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8k5PPMdKz4

68Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 12:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be hard to wipe ODB off the earth.

69Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 13:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

No disrespect was meant, I love some of Tribe's stuff but they were definitely at the commercial end of hip-hop in the 90's.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth were average in my book, two ok albums but nothing more. Although "They Reminisce Over You" is one of my alltime favourite singles.

I preferred the more hardcore end of the spectrum, Public Enemy, Blade, Krispy 3, London Posse, Caveman, EPMD & Kool G Rap.

70Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 13:36

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You wont convince me, different generation.

71Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 13:36

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Triumph wrote:Simply Red or any gob shite that thinks rap is music.

I'll expect a written apology by 3pm or the gloves come off.
Ding Ding!!

72Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

No disrespect was meant, I love some of Tribe's stuff but they were definitely at the commercial end of hip-hop in the 90's.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth were average in my book, two ok albums but nothing more. Although "They Reminisce Over You" is one of my alltime favourite singles.

I preferred the more hardcore end of the spectrum, Public Enemy, Blade, Krispy 3, London Posse, Caveman, EPMD & Kool G Rap.

This is the best rap song of the 90's. Everyone knows that.

73Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Elvis. By far the most overrated artist the world has ever seen. A talentless muppet who stole all his halfway decent songs from poor black musicians. I hate those pathetic Elvis impersonators in their ludicrous white suits - I want to punch every one of them in the face.

74Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

This is the best rap song of the 90's. Everyone knows that.

:facepalm:

75Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:32

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad wrote:Adele. Lard Bucket.

Her record sales suggest otherwise.

76Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Record sales have never been a sign of quality.

77Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 16:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

mark leach wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Adele. Lard Bucket.

Her record sales suggest otherwise.
After a time her voice gets on my nerves, it grates.

78Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 16:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Record sales have never been a sign of quality.
Very true in a lot of cases nat for example justin bleeper and Take that and worst of all spice girls.

79Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 19:41

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Elvis. By far the most overrated artist the world has ever seen. A talentless muppet who stole all his halfway decent songs from poor black musicians. I hate those pathetic Elvis impersonators in their ludicrous white suits - I want to punch every one of them in the face.

Agreed. Elvis impersonators are definitely the most over rated musicians. Saw one guy in a bar in Malta, the DJ gave him the big build up, entrance music, the works. I tell you if he wasn't wearing a white jumpsuit, had lamb chops and been introduced as Elvis you wouldn't have known what the fuck he was trying to be, awful truly, truly awful.

80Overrated musician's - Page 4 Empty Re: Overrated musician's Mon Mar 11 2013, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum