Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pissed

+5
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pissed Empty Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Railway guard Christopher McGee yesterday lost his appeal for causing the death of 16 year old Georgia Varley. She was pissed and high on drugs at the time, and was leaning on a train when it moved away, falling underneath it.

I found it incredible that the railway guard was found guilty of manslaughter in the first place, I was even more amazed when he got 5 years in prison - longer than 35% of people convicted of murder in the UK last year.

I am now dumfounded and seething that an appeal judge has ruled the verdict "safe" and the sentence "in line with the law".

It seems to me that people are no longer responsible for themselves. This 16 year old was pissed and high and fell under a train - this would not have happened if she'd been sober. If people want to go out and get pissed that's fine, but they should face the consequences of their actions. The girl's parents should be in prison for letting her out pissed and high, not the railway guard.

I've also noticed a trend for convicted criminals that were drunk or high at the time of their crime being given lesser sentences than if they'd been sober. Being pissed or high should not be a mitigating circumstance at all. People choose to drink or take drugs, they know it could make them do something stupid.

Do you agree, should being pissed be a mitigating circumstance?

2Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had this one before.

I fail to see how he was doing his job by (i believe this is how it works) blowing his whistle and signalling for the train to move away, while observing someone either close to the tracks or actually leaning on a train.

He would have been well within his rights to have her removed from the station or restrained her. While of course making sure the train wasn't moving away.

If she randomly runs up to the train and under it then i can't see how he can be blamed.

3Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No way should being pissed be a mitigating circumstance.

It isn't when you are charged with drunk driving so why should it be when you are charged with assault?

4Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anything the punishment should be worse if you're pissed.

5Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

It isn't when you are charged with drunk driving so why should it be when you are charged with assault?

Excellent point.

6Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Excellent point.

As far as I know, being intoxicated isn't a mitigating circumstance in assault cases. So I don't get the point, let alone understand why it's excellent.

7Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:39

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Excellent point.

As far as I know, being intoxicated isn't a mitigating circumstance in assault cases. So I don't get the point, let alone understand why it's excellent.

Just a moment, you're not soul kitchen, only soul kitchen is allowed to tear Nat a new arsehole.

8Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We've had this one before.

I fail to see how he was doing his job by (i believe this is how it works) blowing his whistle and signalling for the train to move away, while observing someone either close to the tracks or actually leaning on a train.

:agree: He had a duty of care to make sure everyone got on the train safely and he failed to do his job with disastrous consequences.

9Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 14:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plus it turned out in court that he was a fibber. Wink

10Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He alone is responsable for the horrific death of that young girl , it should be 10 years. I hope he takes it up the arse frequently.

11Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You seem to have an obsession with gay sex.

strange.

12Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You seem to have an obsession with gay sex.

strange.
What me dear, no dear just because you like your goods delivered round the back doesn't give you the right to suggest that about me. Cant stand buggery of any sort an utterly filthy and unhealthy act to perform, but as a punishment.....

13Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:

strange.
Cant stand buggery of any sort an utterly filthy and unhealthy act to perform
Not even on rag week?

14Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

strange.
Cant stand buggery of any sort an utterly filthy and unhealthy act to perform
Not even on rag week?
Nope gob jobs thru rag week.

15Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I generally give her the week off now anyway.

16Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Pissed or not he blew the whistle when he knew full well she was leaning against the train.

All he had to do was move her back a bit then signal for the train to go.

17Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe I wrote that. But TBF there's many a lady who likes it up the chocolate tunnel if it's done in the right way.

18Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:Can't believe I wrote that. But TBF there's many a lady who likes it up the chocolate tunnel if it's done in the right way.
I was asked to do it once as the girl concerned had never tried it, so we did with her kneeling down in the bath, when it went in she said you have to stop it makes me feel like im doing a poo, so i never bothered again. Shocked

19Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Can't believe I wrote that. But TBF there's many a lady who likes it up the chocolate tunnel if it's done in the right way.

I'm tired of you ruining threads with your sex tales. You are now on my foes list.

20Pissed Empty Re: Pissed Fri Jun 07 2013, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Pissed or not he blew the whistle when he knew full well she was leaning against the train.

All he had to do was move her back a bit then signal for the train to go.

But he didn't know she was pissed.

Firstly, why would anyone lean on a train? Bloody stupid.

Secondly, the natural reaction if something you're leaning on moves is to jump out of the way. Because she was high and pissed she didn't.

He couldn't have foreseen this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum