Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LittleJohn is still pissed off with Muamba Reaction

+3
largehat
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’d like to thank all of you who wrote in support of my column on Tuesday deploring the outbreak of self-indulgent vicarious grief that gripped the ‘football family’ in the wake of Bolton player Fabrice Muamba’s collapse at Tottenham on Saturday.

More here.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2118915/PortaShrine--ideal-instant-grief-needs.html#ixzz1q9CTB6IO

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Can't stand Littlejohn but he is talking sense for once.

Does anyone see the point of those roadside shrines to traffic accidents? If I get run over I don't want to be commemorated by some flowers by the side of the road where it happened.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Littlejohn is a complete tosser whose views grow increasingly more marginal and less relevant as the years go by. He is given a platform for his outrageous views by a loathed crypto-Fascist newspaper. He is completely out of touch with reality and should not be afforded the gravitas of a sensible discussion. He is scum.

I'm sort of in the middle. I agree with what Largehat has said above, but I also agree that it's ridiculous to create a shrine for someone who is very much alive.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

When Muamba recovers and goes home, is he supposed to take all that stuff that was left at his shrine with him? (Serious question)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The "emotive" part comes from the word "shrine."

people are simply looking for somewhere to leave a note a card or something.

when you're in hospital and you've got flowers and a card next to you is it called a "shrine"

no, it's just a gift.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:Littlejohn is a complete tosser whose views grow increasingly more marginal and less relevant as the years go by. He is given a platform for his outrageous views by a loathed crypto-Fascist newspaper. He is completely out of touch with reality and should not be afforded the gravitas of a sensible discussion. He is scum.

So because someone talks crap most of the time he can never say anything sensible?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
largehat wrote:Littlejohn is a complete tosser whose views grow increasingly more marginal and less relevant as the years go by. He is given a platform for his outrageous views by a loathed crypto-Fascist newspaper. He is completely out of touch with reality and should not be afforded the gravitas of a sensible discussion. He is scum.

So because someone talks crap mostly of the time he can never say anything sensible?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

However my above post sought to highlight the 'journalist' in question's total lack of credibility and the divisive, intentionally controversial nature of his column. The man writes these things to get a reaction.

Passi - there isnt a shrine to Fabrice Muamba at the Reebok or anywhere else. People have left tributes and flowers as a show of support. Mostly Wanderers fans but plenty of others.

What Littlejohn seeks to do is to use pejorative language to ridicule decent people who have taken the time to show their support for a pleasant young man who has been stricken by an awful illness. Of course he is going to attract more tributes than a soldier or an average person. He is famous and he collapsed on live TV.

What sort of fucked up society do we live in if someone has to die before we show that we care for them?

Sorry for the rant. I am on my way back from the rugby and I've had nine pints of lager.

Last edited by largehat on Sun Mar 25 2012, 21:45; edited 2 times in total

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Littljohn cant stand him but i cant fault his article.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am fortunate enough to be able to read an article and still have the good sense to make up my own mind. I do read what Littlejohn has to say and although I don't agree with everything he writes, I do think he often makes valid points.

Some of his musings on petty bureaucracy and the antics of the PC brigade actually echo what the vast majority of ordinary folk actually think but are too afraid to say.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:there isnt a shrine to Fabrice Muamba at the Reebok or anywhere else. People have left tributes and flowers as a show of support.

Largehat you dildo, of course it's a bloody shrine. A shrine to a living person. Fucking embarrassing.

I was ashamed to see our own players wearing bleeding Muamba tribute shirts, the guy is fine so why the whole world feels the need to keep praying God only knows. We'd have won this game 4-0 but for the Muamba incident, I'm convinced Keane sent the lads out with instructions to only put in 50% effort. No one wanted to spoil little Boltons big day.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:I was ashamed to see our own players wearing bleeding Muamba tribute shirts, the guy is fine so why the whole world feels the need to keep praying God only knows. We'd have won this game 4-0 but for the Muamba incident, I'm convinced Keane sent the lads out with instructions to only put in 50% effort. No one wanted to spoil little Boltons big day.

Bollocks. You were beaten fair and square.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Largehat you dildo, of course it's a bloody shrine. A shrine to a living person. Fucking embarrassing.

From dictionary.com

shrine
noun
1. a building or other shelter, often of a stately or sumptuous character, enclosing the remains or relics of a saint or other holy person and forming an object of religious veneration and pilgrimage.

2. any place or object hallowed by its history or associations: a historic shrine.

3. any structure or place consecrated or devoted to some saint, holy person, or deity, as an altar, chapel, church, or temple.

4. a receptacle for sacred relics; a reliquary.

Which of these are you claiming it is, Natasha? Littlejohn doesn't know what a shrine is, and nor do you.

By the way, where were you on here last night, congratulating the players on the win on a special day for the club?

Nowhere to be seen until there's some negative shite to comment on.

You're a poor sort of fan.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:I was ashamed to see our own players wearing bleeding Muamba tribute shirts, the guy is fine so why the whole world feels the need to keep praying God only knows. We'd have won this game 4-0 but for the Muamba incident, I'm convinced Keane sent the lads out with instructions to only put in 50% effort. No one wanted to spoil little Boltons big day.

Supposedly, you're a Blackburn fan, but you can't spell the manager's name. Hmm.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

From dictionary.com

shrine
noun
1. a building or other shelter, often of a stately or sumptuous character, enclosing the remains or relics of a saint or other holy person and forming an object of religious veneration and pilgrimage.

2. any place or object hallowed by its history or associations: a historic shrine.

3. any structure or place consecrated or devoted to some saint, holy person, or deity, as an altar, chapel, church, or temple.

4. a receptacle for sacred relics; a reliquary.

Which of these are you claiming it is, Natasha? Littlejohn doesn't know what a shrine is, and nor do you.

By the way, where were you on here last night, congratulating the players on the win on a special day for the club?

Nowhere to be seen until there's some negative shite to comment on.

You're a poor sort of fan.

Ha ha, halfway through writing that comment I thought to myself 'I just know Largehat will quote SHRINE from the dictionary'. Brilliant.

As for last night I had a date, don't you think I spend enough time on here as it is?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well if you know I am going to demonstrate you are absolutely wrong, why write things that are absolutely wrong? At least I back up my points. Littlejohn is a big enough twat already without having you for a nodding dog.

It's not so much about the amount of time you spend here, but what you write when you do. Now you're here, why aren't you on the bloody match thread or elsewhere giving some praise where it is due? Your comments last week about Coyle making excuses for a defeat this weekend were really ill-conceived and as it turns out, unfounded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum