Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holloway trying to tap up Baptiste - NIXON

+7
Reebok_Rebel
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
wanderlust
Triumph
terenceanne
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway is at war with Bolton chief Dougie Freedman over the signing of Blackpool skipper Alex Baptiste.

Holloway is trying to persuade defender Baptiste to join the Premier League new boys in a raid that is upsetting Freedman.

Baptiste agreed to sign for Bolton a month ago and has sorted out terms on the deal - and put pen to paper.

However Palace chief Holloway wants Baptiste to cancel the deal and join him instead, giving him a chance to play in the top flight again.

Baptiste is due to be officially announced as a Wanderers player on July 1, but Palace are working on getting him away - or even buying him.

Freedman has also spoken to Baptiste and is happy that the player wants to join him, but is fuming that former club Palace are trying to hijack him.

Wanderers will not sell Baptiste and are in he midst of selling right back Sam Ricketts to Wolves to add to the importance of his capture.

Bolton had a similar problem with Didi Hamann a decade ago when they signed him from Liverpool before the German said he wanted to go to Manchester City instead

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why would he want to play a game at Old Trafford when he can do a Tuesday night away at Barnsley with us......it is what is.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:Why would he want to play a game at Old Trafford when he can do a Tuesday night away at Barnsley with us......it is what is.
At least with the latter he has the chance of a win bonus.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not happy about this. 
Maybe it's politics because of Dougie's influence at Palace?
Got used to the idea of having Baptiste as a FB who is versatile enough to play CB etc if required, just like Ricketts. If he's signed a contract that should be the end of it and Holloway should f*** right off. 

White is not quite ready yet so is Dougie supposed to stall the Ricketts sale whilst this gets sorted out? Or keep Mears?
F*** you Holloway.
Or do a deal for Jedinak and Bolasie.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tell that wanker Holloway , to put up £5.million then he can have him.

I hope they get relegated.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Seeing as though Baptiste has already signed his contract, we should ask for a hefty transfer fee, like £4 million, then we can sign Jedinak from Palace and put some money towards the Dawson deal.

Holloway should show some class, wanker!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Seeing as though Baptiste has already signed his contract, we should ask for a hefty transfer fee, like £4 million, then we can sign Jedinak from Palace and put some money towards the Dawson deal.

Holloway should show some class, wanker!!

I bet it was him that shit in his own changing room to cause a scene .

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Baptiste actually signed a contract with us or did he sign some sort of letter of intent or pre-nup? I thought that as he's still a Blackpool player there may have been an issue with him signing an actual BWFC contract. If it's only a LOI, Holloway has a chance of nicking him.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"Baptiste agreed to sign for Bolton a month ago and has sorted out terms on the deal - and put pen to paper."

Now I am confused!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:"Baptiste agreed to sign for Bolton a month ago and has sorted out terms on the deal - and put pen to paper."

Now I am confused!

Just asking what paper he put pen to.

Also can anyone confirm that the Conor Wilkinson deal is finalised? Decent CB by all accounts.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So, Baptiste isn't coming then now. 

prem or championship - Obviously he will chose the prem. 

I think the same things going to happen with Beckford too if im honest. 

So, who next?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be pissed if the Beckford deal fell through now, wouldn't be bothered by Baptiste as he's average at best.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd be pissed if the Beckford deal fell through now, wouldn't be bothered by Baptiste as he's average at best.

With a week to go before the window opens a lot can change. In Baptiste's case it could get complicated depending on what's actually been signed. Beckford I can take or leave as he isn't any better than Ngog, but the idea of signing a quality striker appeals to me and if we sacrifice Beckford to get one I have no problem with that. Would really like to know who this mystery striker is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Beckford I can take or leave as he isn't any better than Ngog

Ridiculous talk.

Beckford scores goals and isn't injury prone.

Ngog has done nothing in his career to suggest he will ever be useful. And he is an injury prone ponce.

I don't know how many poor games or missed chances Ngog has to have before people realise he's shite.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Baptiste has put pen to paper then surely that is the end of the matter? If Ollie wanted Baptiste then he should have approached him at the end of the season before we did.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he decided to bolt. 

shame, but not the end of the world.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Beckford I can take or leave as he isn't any better than Ngog

Ridiculous talk.

Beckford scores goals and isn't injury prone.

Ngog has done nothing in his career to suggest he will ever be useful. And he is an injury prone ponce.

I don't know how many poor games or missed chances Ngog has to have before people realise he's shite.

Wrong. The last season Beckford actually played for his club i.e. wasn't sent out on loan he scored 9 goals in 43 games. Last season Ngog scored 8 in 33 games for us.
Ngog is clearly the more prolific goalscorer despite not being played as a striker.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Wrong. The last season Beckford actually played for his club i.e. wasn't sent out on loan he scored 9 goals in 43 games. Last season Ngog scored 8 in 33 games for us.
Ngog is clearly the more prolific goalscorer despite not being played as a striker.

Beckford was the leading scorer in the Championship in 2013.

His PL stats also stack up. He only started 9 games for Everton. 9 goals in 9 starts. So not a bad record overall really.

Ngog has scored 21 goals in 145 games with a goal ratio of a goal every 6.9 games.
Beckford has scored 106 goals in 246 games with a goal ratio of a goal every 2.3 games.

You are an idiot if you're trying to convince me Ngog is a better player. And before you go down the road of "assists", Beckford has just under four times as many as Ngog during the last two seasons.

So what does Ngog actually do. Doesn't score, doesn't create.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[quote="Natasha Whittam"]
wanderlust wrote:

So what does Ngog actually do. Doesn't score, doesn't create.
SKD gained legendary status for similar stats.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
SKD gained legendary status for similar stats.
[/quote]

Davies was a great player in the Allardyce/Megson years, he was unplayable on many occasions and contributed to many famous results. He went shit admittedly and should have been sold 2 or 3 seasons ago - but that doesn't change the fact he did his bit for BWFC.

Ngog has done fuck all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum