Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holloway trying to tap up Baptiste - NIXON

+7
Reebok_Rebel
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
wanderlust
Triumph
terenceanne
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Wrong. The last season Beckford actually played for his club i.e. wasn't sent out on loan he scored 9 goals in 43 games. Last season Ngog scored 8 in 33 games for us.
Ngog is clearly the more prolific goalscorer despite not being played as a striker.

Beckford was the leading scorer in the Championship in 2013.

His PL stats also stack up. He only started 9 games for Everton. 9 goals in 9 starts. So not a bad record overall really.

Ngog has scored 21 goals in 145 games with a goal ratio of a goal every 6.9 games.
Beckford has scored 106 goals in 246 games with a goal ratio of a goal every 2.3 games.

You are an idiot if you're trying to convince me Ngog is a better player. And before you go down the road of "assists", Beckford has just under four times as many as Ngog during the last two seasons.

So what does Ngog actually do. Doesn't score, doesn't create.

Beckford didn't even make the top ten scorers in the Championship last season despite being Huddersfields' main striker:
Rank Player Club Goals
1 Glenn Murray Crystal Palace 30
2 Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers1 29
3 Charlie Austin Burnley 25
4= Matěj Vydra Watford3 22
4= Chris Wood Leicester City 22
6 Troy Deeney Watford4 20
7 Tom Ince Blackpool 18
8 David Nugent Leicester City3 16
9 Luciano Becchio Leeds United 15
10 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake Wolverhampton Wanderers 14

Not sure where you got these dubious stats from but I'm guessing you're including Beckford's early days at Wealdstone and Uxbridge where he was scoring for fun in the amateur leagues at the same time that David was serving his apprenticeship at Paris St Germain?

However the fact is that Beckford is 5 years older than Ngog and whilst David was playing in the premiership, Beckford was playing for lower league clubs against shit opposition. More importantly Beckford has done nothing in the last 3 years - which is not surprising as at 29 he's past his best and probably got as far as he could get on the talent he has.
It's true he's scored more goals, but then you'd expect him to as he plays as a striker more than Ngog who is usually deployed as an attacking midfielder. Since he made his (brief) breakthrough in 2010 when he signed for Everton, Beckford has played 98 league and cup games scoring 25 goals. That's 25 goals in the last 3 seasons. He got 8 of those when he was loaned out to Huddersfield where he played as the front man.
During the same period, Ngog made 110 appearances - mostly as substitute, seldom as a front man and often for the last 15 minutes but still scored 20.
At 24, Ngogs career is ahead of him whilst Beckford's is fading fast. Ngog has shown that he can cope at the top level whereas Beckford failed. And that's because Ngog is a better footballer than Beckford will ever be.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Beckford didn't even make the top ten scorers in the Championship last season despite being Huddersfields' main striker:
Rank Player              Club                            Goals
1 Glenn Murray Crystal Palace                30
4=    Chris Wood       Leicester City 22
7 Tom Ince Blackpool 18

Not sure where you got these dubious stats from but I'm guessing you're including Beckford's early days at Wealdstone and Uxbridge where he was scoring for fun in the amateur leagues at the same time that David was serving his apprenticeship at Paris St Germain?

He was the leading Championship scorer in 2013. That is a fact. In other words, we are buying a player in form.

No, those stats only show his league career. It suggests he's three times better than Ngog in front of goal.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Rank Player              Club                            Goals
1 Glenn Murray Crystal Palace                30
4=    Chris Wood       Leicester City 22
7 Tom Ince Blackpool 18

He was the leading Championship scorer in 2013. That is a fact. In other words, we are buying a player in form.

Why is it a fact if it's untrue? Can't see his name on the list - can you? He did score 8 on loan to Huddersfield where he played as a proper number 9 but that was a pretty poor return for a main striker. Ngog did that well as a support act for Kevin Davies.
You're deluding yourself. If we buy Beckford, it will be as a backup for Ngog - just as he was a backup for Nuggy before Leicester dumped him. After all, he is a lower league player who has had his moment in the big time and is looking to wind down his flagging career.
Now that is a fact.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Why is it a fact if it's untrue?  Can't see his name on the list - can you? He did score 8 on loan to Huddersfield where he played as a proper number 9 but that was a pretty poor return for a main striker. Ngog did that well as a support act for Kevin Davies.

Beckford was the leading Championship scorer in 2013. Your list is for the 2012/13 season. I think Murray scored about three goals in 2013.

Ngog did well as a support act? He created one goal in the 2011/12 season and two goals in 2012/13.

So he doesn't score, he doesn't create. What does he do that actually benefits the team?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Why is it a fact if it's untrue?  Can't see his name on the list - can you? He did score 8 on loan to Huddersfield where he played as a proper number 9 but that was a pretty poor return for a main striker. Ngog did that well as a support act for Kevin Davies.

Beckford was the leading Championship scorer in 2013. Your list is for the 2012/13 season. I think Murray scored about three goals in 2013.

Ngog did well as a support act? He created one goal in the 2011/12 season and two goals in 2012/13.

So he doesn't score, he doesn't create. What does he do that actually benefits the team?

Whatever, Statto.Sleep

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Whatever, Statto.Sleep

Ha ha, you mean you were talking utter shite. Stats don't lie.

Beckford is the form striker in the Championship, I really hope he signs.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Whatever, Statto.Sleep

Ha ha, you mean you were talking utter shite. Stats don't lie.

Beckford is the form striker in the Championship, I really hope he signs.

No I mean you are ignoring the facts in order to suggest that Beckford who hasn't done anything since he left Leeds is suddenly a top striker.
It would be wonderful if he turned his flagging career round if he joins us, but it seems unlikely at his age.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

No I mean you are ignoring the facts in order to suggest that Beckford who hasn't done anything since he left Leeds is suddenly a top striker.
It would be wonderful if he turned his flagging career round if he joins us, but it seems unlikely at his age.

I didn't say he was a top striker, just a decent one who will score goals.

Flagging career? He's just been the leading scorer in the Championship for 2013 which where I come from means he's bang in form.

Admittedly he didn't do well at Leicester, but even at Everton he scored 9 Premier League goals in 9 starts.

I think a sane person would have a far harder time trying to justify signing Ngog.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At Everton he scored 9 in 30-odd appearances.

34 to be precise - I just checked.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It would be weird if he suddenly went to Palace at this stage. According to Dougie, he had very good options elsewhere so you'd have to assume he had made his mind up before signing the dotted line.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:It would be weird if he suddenly went to Palace at this stage. According to Dougie, he had very good options elsewhere so you'd have to assume he had made his mind up before signing the dotted line.
I think he's a decent signing being a utility player with a proven track record in leadership - which seemed a little lacking last season. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum