Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Millwall

+18
bryan458
eppyfizz606
Keegan
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
kennster
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
karlypants
boltonbonce
aaron_bwfc
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Fri 8 Nov - 9:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Still not convinced Moritz actually exsists and isn't some character Dougie has made up.
Whittam in disguise?
Maybe but didn't anyone tell aaron or Nat that it takes time to sew red underpants to the OUTSIDE of blue tights and that when Moritz appears he's been told by the ref that the cape has to stay in the dressing room. They've let him keep the big red and yellow M in place of the sponsor's logo on his shirt though. Laughing

22Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Fri 8 Nov - 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Video Preview:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman believes that it is only a matter of time before Wanderers are firing on all cylinders at the Reebok Stadium.

The Whites entertain Millwall this weekend looking for the team’s first home victory of the season, and the manager is confident that his side have enough about them to secure three points against the Lions.

"Let’s not hide the fact that we’ve been very unlucky at home," he said in his pre-match press conference. "We’ve gone into the lead quite a few times and we’ve just not quite had that determination to hold onto it.

"Our away form is good – we’re working very hard at it, but I think the lads are now understanding that tactically we need to be a bit better than we have been and I think we showed that last week.

"Hopefully against Millwall we can get that goal to get in front and make sure we stay in the lead to get that win which I think we deserve.

He added: "We’re not getting beat at home – that is the small detail it comes down to. We’ve been unfortunate in one or two areas, but we’ve drawn too many games and we need to make sure we start picking up wins at home.

"Our away form is taking care of itself – we just need to make sure that we approach the game in a certain way to make sure we win it."

With Wanderers set to come up against former loanee Liam Feeney this weekend, Freedman admitted his disappointment at the winger’s return to his parent club a fortnight ago but paid tribute to the 26-year-old’s professionalism during his short spell with the club.

"Liam did well for us – he suited our kind of style of play,” he explained. "He was a young guy with pace and determination who was very committed and did well for us in a short space of time here.

"The way I run the football club, I will not let anybody put a gun to our heads. I’ve got a responsibility to the football club to make sure that financially we’re in a good position.

"I just felt that although we wanted to keep him, I wasn’t prepared to pay the amount of money they were asking for so he went back. He might play, he might not, but we’ll have to wait and see."

Having been handed an injury boost in the form of Andre Moritz and Craig Davies this week, the manager explained that Adam Bogdan has suffered a small set-back as the goalkeeper aims to return from a knee injury.

"With Adam, he’s probably been set back a couple more weeks as the healing isn’t quite how we’d like it to be.

"We’ve got very good medical staff here who I trust a lot – I’d rather have him back fit than half measures – we’ve had that problem with David Wheater who when he was introduced at the start of the season as he wasn’t quite up to the intensity of matches plus training.

"He’s another one that we’ve got to kind of strip back – we’ve got to make sure that when asked to train and play at the intensity that I require that he can do that without falling down, and we need to do that with Adam."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 14:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS:

BWFC: Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Medo, Chung-Yong, Hall, Danns, Beckford

Subs: Lee-Barrett, Knight, Eagles, Moritz, Ngog, C Davies, Threlkeld

25Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 14:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope Hall take advantage of starting a game

26Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting. Hall needs to do the business today.
Will Feeney start for Millwall?

27Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 14:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Interesting. Hall needs to do the business today.
Will Feeney start for Millwall?
Millwall: Forde, Hoyte, Robinson, Shittu, Lowry; Abdou, Bailey; Waghorn, Trotter, Woolford; Easter

Subs: Bywater, Smith, Beevers, Chaplow, Martin, Feeney, Morison

28Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 14:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The addition of Oscar Threlkeld is an interesting one for me... 19 years old, been at the club since he was about 8. I've heard good things about him but didn't realize he had been handed a first team number.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

29Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 17:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:Still not convinced Moritz actually exsists and isn't some character Dougie has made up.
There's the proof - a nicely taken goal!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 17:07

eppyfizz606

David Ngog
David Ngog

Must believe in Moritz now :party:

31Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Another rubbish performance Sat 9 Nov - 17:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes we won but we were rubbish really, just like against Bournemouth last week. Laughing 

I won't go bananas on the emoticons this week. Very Happy Smile Laughing Twisted Evil sunny :party: :uk: :biggrin: :COYW: :drink: :footy: :toppoints: 

See? I hardly used any. :cop: 

Oh and in case you missed it the title of the post is a JOKE! as in tongue in cheek. I actually think that was the best we've played this season. :clap: 

Only downer now is yet another stupid international break. :Overreact: :wtf2: 

Can someone please tell me why we're playing pointless friendlies and why so many clubs are losing their best players at crucial times like this? It's really hacking me off now. :dontgetit:

32Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 17:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Adam's out for at least two more weeks? Hmmm, well, being honest I don't really mind that too much. I want him fit as soon as possible of course because I don't like to wish ill on anyone but frankly things at the back look more solid right now than they have all season so when he is fit I hope he doesn't just get handed the starting spot as if it's his by divine right.

33Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 18:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fucking hate these international breaks, fuck international football off ffs.

34Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 18:19

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I fucking hate these international breaks, fuck international football off ffs.
I don't mind if it's a genuine competitive match such as a World Cup or Euro qualifier but for friendlies less than a month after the last break is taking the mickey IMO. Not only that but we could pretty much name all of the players who really will get on the plane next summer now barring injuries or some long term suspension for something freaky so why play them at all? It's not as if we're really going to learn anything new. This is nothing more than the FA and FIFA going out for more cash and the way it's been handles is utterly stupid. ::mad::

35Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 18:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This was a really good performance, the best of the season in my opinion. I just hope we can keep it going and not lose focus with yet another international break.

36Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 18:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ok i'm a believer now, well played Andre you are a classy player. :clap: 

Fair play to Dougie his tactics worked today against a pretty average Millwall side in all honesty, we're looking very dangerous on the counter now and finally killing teams off.

A couple of stand out performances for me today were Danns who runs himself into the ground for the whole 90 minutes and Ream, the pass for Beckfords goal was an one plus he and Mills look very solid.

37Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 18:32

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't know about joke, seems to me like a statement of fact??, we were fucking shite, I use it as a term of derision that we cant sting two passes together, for long periods we couldn't string one pass together. Positives are that we won and all the goals were well taken and well worked, but seriously this is some of the poorest football from any BWFC team I've seen in nearly forty years, so who's to blame?, the players, or Freedman??.

38Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 19:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:I don't know about joke, seems to me like a statement of fact??, we were fucking shite, I use it as a term of derision that we cant sting two passes together, for long periods we couldn't string one pass together. Positives are that we won and all the goals were well taken and well worked, but seriously this is some of the poorest football from any BWFC team I've seen in nearly forty years, so who's to blame?, the players, or Freedman??.
Best be careful here Bryan as degrees of shitenes is the property of Nat.
We usually rely on her to tell us about being shite.
So- come on Nat - on a scale of 1 to 10 how shite were they today, with 1 being quite shite to 10 being very shite

39Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 19:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Fair play to Dougie his tactics worked today against a pretty average Millwall side in all honesty, .

They might have been today, and yes I can't see Millwall pulling up many trees this season, but you can take some pride in that they've drawn with three of the top 6 teams recently.

40Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat 9 Nov - 19:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good start, good goals, great result. only worry was at 2-1 we sat back, but we caught them on the break so maybe Dougie got it right. We are at least heading upwards and we still have plenty of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum