Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Millwall

+18
bryan458
eppyfizz606
Keegan
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
kennster
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
karlypants
boltonbonce
aaron_bwfc
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Good start, good goals, great result. only worry was at 2-1 we sat back, but we caught them on the break so maybe Dougie got it right. We are at least heading upwards and we still have plenty of time.
I have to say at 2-1 we were right to sit back a bit, let them come onto us and leave gaps for us to hit them on the counter. In some ways it was a classic Man Utd style of play. No I'm not suggesting we're THAT good but the overall strategy of letting Milwall wear themselves down then kill the game off once and for all was spot on. I'd have been annoyed sitting back if we'd been drawing or losing the game but the fact is that for all their huff and puff the opposition never really looked like hurting us and once their legs were gone we hit hard and fast to put the game to bed. I know some of you don't agree and that's fine but for me that was THE best performance of this season. I gave Dougie stick after Ipswich in particular so today I give him the credit. He's due some kudos both for this win and the one against Bournemouth last week. I just hope he can keep it going and prove his doubters, myself included, wrong.

42Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat Nov 09 2013, 20:25

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I fucking hate these international breaks, fuck international football off ffs.
I don't mind if it's a genuine competitive match such as a World Cup or Euro qualifier but for friendlies less than a month after the last break is taking the mickey IMO. Not only that but we could pretty much name all of the players who really will get on the plane next summer now barring injuries or some long term suspension for something freaky so why play them at all? It's not as if we're really going to learn anything new. This is nothing more than the FA and FIFA going out for more cash and the way it's been handles is utterly stupid. ::mad::
It's not just an international break so England can play a pointless friendly. It's the world cup play-offs.

43Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat Nov 09 2013, 20:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneFinFreedman wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I fucking hate these international breaks, fuck international football off ffs.
I don't mind if it's a genuine competitive match such as a World Cup or Euro qualifier but for friendlies less than a month after the last break is taking the mickey IMO. Not only that but we could pretty much name all of the players who really will get on the plane next summer now barring injuries or some long term suspension for something freaky so why play them at all? It's not as if we're really going to learn anything new. This is nothing more than the FA and FIFA going out for more cash and the way it's been handles is utterly stupid. ::mad::
It's not just an international break so England can play a pointless friendly. It's the world cup play-offs.
Not for us or South Korea or several other teams One. We've already qualified so how come we have to stop our top two divisions in their entirety to let our best players go play in friendlies? I'm sorry but it seems to me that unless the host country of a given league is IN the play-offs then the international break shouldn't apply.

44Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty We're getting strong now. Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

45Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat Nov 09 2013, 22:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Three good goals, although I was amazed the flag didn't go up for Chung for the first.
Not a great performance overall, but a few encouraging signs.

Beckford's really looking the business. I bet knob heads like Natasha are feeling stupid now for writing him off.

46Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sat Nov 09 2013, 22:14

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Not for us or South Korea or several other teams One. We've already qualified so how come we have to stop our top two divisions in their entirety to let our best players go play in friendlies? I'm sorry but it seems to me that unless the host country of a given league is IN the play-offs then the international break shouldn't apply.
Because clubs don't want to play without there best players, Liverpool won't want to play without Suarez, Real Madrid without Ronaldo, PSG without Ibrahimovich, Munich without Ribery etc.

47Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 00:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 wins in a row..Home win hoodoo broken, things are looking up! Beckford's scoring more often (as a striker should), M Davies on his way back...

48Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 06:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Everyone expects Bolton to win, therefore a guaranteed 1-0 Millwall victory.
Guaranteed? Get yourself on mastermind Laughing 

49Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 12:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Best be careful here Bryan as degrees of shitenes is the property of Nat.
We usually rely on her to tell us about being shite.
So- come on Nat - on a scale of 1 to 10 how shite were they today, with 1 being quite shite to 10 being very shite
Bryan is right. We won, but we were still shite. When Jay Spearing is the best passer of a ball on the team you know you are destined for failure.

Lonergan - 6 - Ok, not much to do in all honesty
McNaughton - 5 - Shite. Still can't pass to save his life
Baptiste - 4 - Shite. Still cannot pass to save his life
Mills - 6 - Ok, but still too much long ball
Ream - 5 - Good pass for Beckford's goal but too weak in the challenge for Millwall's equaliser.
Medo - 4 - He's toss.
Spearing - 7 - My man of the match. Still pretty shite mind.
Hall - 2 - If he hadn't scored he'd have got a big fat zero. Useless wanker.
Lee - 5 - Shite, needs to toughen up the ponce.
Danns - 7 - 100% effort, can't fault that. Little end product though.
Beckford - 2 - Shit bastard. You were bought to put away the easy chances, not blast them into the side netting. Bellend.

If we'd been playing Forest, Leicester or QPR we'd have got hammered.

50Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 12:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good to see you stil hae your positve outlook thee Nat Very Happy

51Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Harsh on Beckford and Hall, Nat. They both ran themselves into the ground for the team yesterday.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

52Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Harsh on Beckford and Hall, Nat. They both ran themselves into the ground for the team yesterday.
I think you've had one too many glasses of Jamaican rum. Beckford was bought to put away the easy chances. A million pounds to smash them into the side netting? We could have bought Elmander back to do that.

And I'm sorry, but Hall is not a footballer. I'm pretty sure he has the same agent as Ali Dia.

53Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Still can't make my mind up on Hall, he really needs to bulk up a bit as he gets bullied off the ball way to easily.

54Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:39

He's 19 so he'll bulk up over the next couple of years. He's quick and has good technique and to be honest you don't need a lot more than that to be a decent championship winger, I think he's got good potential.

55Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He's 19 so he'll bulk up over the next couple of years. He's quick and has good technique and to be honest you don't need a lot more than that to be a decent championship winger, I think he's got good potential.
You actually need to have ability. I've seen none so far. He was lucky to get 60 minutes in my opinion.

56Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 14:58

I disagree,  I think there's potential and he's a better prospect than Odelusi but only time will tell.

Can anybody tell me how Moritz looked (aside from his goal) when he came on? Is he a potential starter? Palace fans seemed to think he was much better starting games rather than an impact player.

57Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I disagree,  I think there's potential and he's a better prospect than Odelusi but only time will tell.

Can anybody tell me how Moritz looked (aside from his goal) when he came on? Is he a potential starter? Palace fans seemed to think he was much better starting games rather than an impact player.
He looked more mobile than I thought he would to be fair. He looked tidy without creating much, but obviously took his goal well. I suspect he will play in place of Hall in the next match.

58Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree with 74 Nat I think you're being a bit hard on Hall he's only a kid yet and will surely bulk up as he gets older but in this league you do need as much physical strength as skill so on that basis maybe he wasn't really what we needed at this moment. That's one of the issues I do have with Dougie, too much future and not enough now. I think he's made some good signings in White, Wilkinson and Hall but they may or may not come good. I think he needs to concentrate on getting it right now because if he doesn't there may not be a future for him here!!

59Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I agree with 74 Nat I think you're being a bit hard on Hall
The 11 players picked get judged on the same criteria. I'm not going to say Hall had a good game just because he's 19. Is being 19 an excuse for losing control of the ball or passing to the opposition?

At 19 I was on the front cover of Vogue.

60Bolton 3-1 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Millwall Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought you said it was page 3 of the Sun, Nat ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum