Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tanker Driver Wankers / Strike action over Easter by fuel tanker drivers has been ruled out

+9
Quent
wanderlust
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From the truckers point of view.....

As each new contract comes along for the haulage firms, teh worse the conditions become for the drivers.... tighter schedules and if schedule ids not met then the drivers lose 15 quid for every 30 minutes they are late. The schedules are set up by the haulage firms and do not take into consideration any jams, holdups or even road accidents. Pensions are under threat. Continued assessment and practical training has beocme les and less - can you image an accident involving a tanker????

Basically they are saying that the haulage firms are taking more and more risks with the drivers and the drivers are not being properly looked after and properly trained, hence the industrial action.

For my point of view, just as long as there is petrol in the pumps, I am not bothered as to who delivers it, just as long as its delivered safely. By bug bear is the price of fuel and the amount of profits the oil companies make year on year (and yet no respite for us drivers or teh haulage firms they use to deliver the fuel to the petrol stations!)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:From the truckers point of view.....

As each new contract comes along for the haulage firms, teh worse the conditions become for the drivers.... tighter schedules and if schedule ids not met then the drivers lose 15 quid for every 30 minutes they are late. The schedules are set up by the haulage firms and do not take into consideration any jams, holdups or even road accidents. Pensions are under threat. Continued assessment and practical training has beocme les and less - can you image an accident involving a tanker????

Basically they are saying that the haulage firms are taking more and more risks with the drivers and the drivers are not being properly looked after and properly trained, hence the industrial action.

For my point of view, just as long as there is petrol in the pumps, I am not bothered as to who delivers it, just as long as its delivered safely. By bug bear is the price of fuel and the amount of profits the oil companies make year on year (and yet no respite for us drivers or teh haulage firms they use to deliver the fuel to the petrol stations!)

This is about money, just like it always is. If they're suddenly offered a 10% payrise they'll soon forget their safety issues.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But where does that 10% come from..... us drivers by the haulage firms putting in more expensive bids to transport the fuel, all the way to oil companies selling fuel for a higher price at the pumps to cover the change in cost, and add a little more to boost their profits even more.

As I say I ain't bothered who delivers, I just want cheaper fuel, than what we have now.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We'll pay what we are forced to, but one thing I want to know is that its going to be delivered safely

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:But where does that 10% come from..... us drivers by the haulage firms putting in more expensive bids to transport the fuel, all the way to oil companies selling fuel for a higher price at the pumps to cover the change in cost, and add a little more to boost their profits even more.

As I say I ain't bothered who delivers, I just want cheaper fuel, than what we have now.

I'm not disagreeing with you Chris, I'm just so mad with certain sections of society right now. £45k is a very good wage to drive a lorry - people are just becoming greedy....eventually it might come back to bite them on the arse.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BP and Shell are greedy buggers. BP seem to be clawing back money from their oil field disaster in America by hitting consumers at the pumps.

I tend to go to Asda for my petrol and I used to use Morrisons as well until a former tanker driver told me that Morrisons diesel was shite.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell, I wish I knew that earlier. I filled up a couple of hours ago, and gave them £92 for a tank of 'shite' !

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Morrisons buy the cheapest diesel and it isn't as good as the stuff at Sainsburys and Asda.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their '98 vintage was a cracker but needed decanting.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People queuing down the street this morning for petrol. Panic buying before a strike date has even been confirmed.

People are so stupid.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. Last time this happened, some pillock stockpiled his garage and ended up setting his house on fire. If petrol isn't delivered to the pumps then the country will grind to a halt. There will be no public transport either so everyone can have some time off.

I'm hopeful the strike won't happen, if it does absolutely no one will end up winning. Hopefully the government and drivers understand this.

Went to a petrol station in Darwen this morning and the place was empty.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darwen is always empty.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Mar 28 2012, 16:38; edited 1 time in total

Just bought petrol at Tesco, bit of a queue but nothing crazy.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heard a guy on the radio the other day who was representing one of the big hauliers. He argued that if the Army was brought in to deliver on behalf of the refiners that "they wouldn't be guaranteed to be able to deliver as the decision rests with the petrol station owners whether or not to take receipt of it - and who would be against it on H&S grounds as there is no evidence that the Army drivers have had the requisite training."
Oh how I laughed.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Health and Safety will be the death of this country.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heard on the news a strike is at least 2 weeks away if it happens - so the silly buggers filling up today have done it for nothing.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Anyone know how long diesel keeps in a jerry can outside, i had 5 galls for about 10 years only recently found it.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree. Last time this happened, some pillock stockpiled his garage and ended up setting his house on fire. If petrol isn't delivered to the pumps then the country will grind to a halt. There will be no public transport either so everyone can have some time off.

Yeah and businesses will make sure that any time taken off due to the strike will be taken from people's allocated annual holidays - thats what they were threatening last time (and some companies did do it!).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum