Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tanker Driver Wankers / Strike action over Easter by fuel tanker drivers has been ruled out

+9
Quent
wanderlust
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's look at it realistically. If the petrol stations were to run out of petrol then the country would grind to a halt. No public transport means that children couldn't get to school.

Airports would also be affected. The government clearly have a contingency plan and that is why it has been suggested that the army will supplt HGV drivers to transport fuel to the pumps.

The world revolves around petrol/diesel. Without it, we would all be in dire straits.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know what the rest of the country is like but round my neck of the woods I have come across three petrol stations with no petrol this morning.

My local BP garage were charging 149.1 for diesel. Even though the tanker drivers are delivering as normal, panic buying seems to be everywhere.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thsi is the perfect excuse for a price rise in fuel - I wouldn't be surprised that within 2 weeks petrol prices will be close to the 1.75/litre mark, with all this panic buying and stations having to buy extra supplies from the oil companies.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the complete stupidity of the British public that pisses me off. A strike is AT LEAST two weeks away, so why panic buy now? A lot of people will go through at least two tanks full in that time anyway.

Personally I don't think the strike will happen, too many people with too much to lose. But it's a sad day when just 2000 people can bring the whole country to its knees.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And what really pisses me off is the fact that the Chancellor announced there would be no increase in fuel prices in last weeks budget.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Exactly - they have to give 2 weeks notice before any strike!!!

Plus it wouldn't surprise me that any strike could be delayed due to court case that the government might bring - unfair voting, not all members voted, actual majority of voters etc etc etc

Eitherway I cannot see any strike lasting longer than 3 days due to the the strikers losing pay! So one tank should be enough for an average family sized car for a week.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:And what really pisses me off is the fact that the Chancellor announced there would be no increase in fuel prices in last weeks budget.

No further increase in fuel duty, apart from teh 3p/litre later in the year which is not going to be postponed or withdrawn

Unfortunately, the Chancellor has no say is actual fuel prices.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unite are having a meeting with management today to try and reach a compromise.

Still can't get over the Minister advising people to stockpile jerry cans in their garages, quickly followed by the Fire Brigade telling everyone not to do that. How to create panic in one easy lesson.

just been to the petrol station (i was on empty, not panic buying) and it was pretty quiet to be honest. perhaps people are waking up to the fact a strike is a while off yet.

If they'd bothered to pay attention to current events as reported by one or more of the less dubious sources they wouldn't have gone charging off in the first place. In our area it looked as though people were panicking en route to work this a.m. - huge queues outside most petrol stations I passed - but it quitened down after 9 ish apparently. The madness will probably kick off again after 5.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:just been to the petrol station (i was on empty, not panic buying) and it was pretty quiet to be honest. perhaps people are waking up to the fact a strike is a while off yet.

What car do you have Jayne? Let me guess, a pink ford KA.

a strike will encurage peeple to get a bike- the best way to travel

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone who can spell perfectly pretending they can't.

I knew the person behind Mo Chowderhead would be back.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Someone who can spell perfectly pretending they can't.

you seem very paranoid hipster nobula- i am sorry if my english isnt upto standard but i left skool at 13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Nut's Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Someone who can spell perfectly pretending they can't.

you seem very paranoid hipster nobula- i am sorry if my english isnt upto standard but i left skool at 13

No you didn't.

I forgive you though, it is funny seeing someone pruosly mispell words.

hipster is paranoid, he accused me of being natasha yesterday!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:hipster is paranoid, he accused me of being natasha yesterday!

haha you don't wanna play that game.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

honestly, no, i don't take football forums that seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum