Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside's Worst Manager - Megson v Freedman

+8
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
doffcocker
bwfc71
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Who is the worst of these two?

Gartside's Worst Manager - Megson v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_lcap59% Gartside's Worst Manager - Megson v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_rcap 59% [ 13 ]
 Gartside's Worst Manager - Megson v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_lcap41% Gartside's Worst Manager - Megson v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:My mistake, clearly I need to spend more time on the forum.

Very Happy 

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Megson was the worst - especially with all the money he robbed us of.

Hands up who sang "Ginger Mourinho". Honestly.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote: Question i'll say it again and a million times more if necessary, Gary Megson is the worst Bolton manager in my living memory not just under Gartside.
 :agree: 
Phil Neal runs him close as well.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:When Freedman beats UTD and draws away at Bayern Munich

And Northampton?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Norpig wrote: Question i'll say it again and a million times more if necessary, Gary Megson is the worst Bolton manager in my living memory not just under Gartside.

i only have happy memories now of Phil Neal,yes we were in the 4th Division but we got promoted and i went to Wembley for the first time for the Sherpa Van final against Torquay. Suffice to say i have no happy memories of Megson at all apart from his sacking

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Norpig, Phil Neal was a half decent manager. People say Dougie has it tough, but Neal had it ten times worse.

We may have suffered relegation to the 4th tier of English football under Neal but at least he gave the club some good times - promotion at Wrexham, play-offs, and the Sherpa Van Trophy. And he brought Andy Walker to the club. Would we have ever made it to the Premier League without that signing?

Norpig wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

i only have happy memories now of Phil Neal,yes we were in the 4th Division but we got promoted and i went to Wembley for the first time for the Sherpa Van final against Torquay. Suffice to say i have no happy memories of Megson at all apart from his sacking

Has Freedman gave you any happy memories?

Munich away and Athletico Madrid both home and away were the best nights I've had supporting Bolton since the mid nineties.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm struggling to think of any OneF!

OneFinFreedman wrote:Has Freedman gave you any happy memories?

Munich away and Athletico Madrid both home and away were the best nights I've had supporting Bolton since the mid nineties.

Personally I barely give any credit for those nights to Megson, the selections were pretty much all Big Sam players, they don't need motivating for big nights like that and he did nothing towards getting us there.

Freedman took over a club in the championship, there are obviously not going to be many nights to remember when your most glamorous league game is Fulham away. 

It's not possible to fairly compare managers in anyway but trying to do it on 'nights to remember' is particularly flawed IMO.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:Has Freedman gave you any happy memories?

Personally I barely give any credit for those nights to Megson, the selections were pretty much all Big Sam players, they don't need motivating for big nights like that and he did nothing towards getting us there.

Freedman took over a club in the championship, there are obviously not going to be many nights to remember when your most glamorous league game is Fulham away. 

It's not possible to fairly compare managers in anyway but trying to do it on 'nights to remember' is particularly flawed IMO.

Agreed.

If we're going to look at individual matches, why don't we bring Northampton at home (Carling Cup 2nd round lost 2-1) and Sheff United at home (FA Cup 3rd round, lost 0-1) into it?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"fucking shite megson, fuck off you ginger c***..... Jussi! Jussi! Jussi!"

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:"fucking shite megson, fuck off you ginger c***..... Jussi! Jussi! Jussi!"

Go on Scott lad

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Take a wild guess.......
Sir Alex Ferguson? He could be our worst ever manager because he never won ONE game for us. Oh no wait, 2001, Michael Ricketts. OK then it has to be ... Gary? Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson, you know why.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum