Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Overrated Song

+17
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
B.D.P
wanderlust
okocha
rammywhite
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
xmiles
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 15:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I saw Hawkwind at The Hardrock in Stretford.
Hawkwind were on at BIT circa 71/72.

42Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 16:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is all bringing back a few memories. Blodwyn Pig! Bloody hell. Isn't there a Jethro Tull link there?

43Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 16:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:This is all bringing back a few memories. Blodwyn Pig! Bloody hell. Isn't there a Jethro Tull link there?

Nobody's mentioned Mott the Hoople!

44Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 16:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Kasabian are very good. Norpig is clueless about music

Kasabian are shite, end of. Out of interest what other dross do you listen to? I'll then let you know they are all shite as well Very Happy

45Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 16:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Kasabian are shite, end of.Out of interest what other dross do you listen to? I'll then let you know they are all shite as well Very Happy

Brilliant.

I listen to all different types, from house music to rap.

I'm the cool one here norpig.

46Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 17:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

:agree:

47Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 17:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Kasabian are very good. 
Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Smileyslaughing_lol_dielaughing_100-100 It must be a generational thing.

48Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 17:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:This is all bringing back a few memories. Blodwyn Pig! Bloody hell. Isn't there a Jethro Tull link there?

Those sound like Harry Potter characters. Was there a band called Hagrid or Muggle as well?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

49Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 17:43

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Keegan wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Those sound like Harry Potter characters. Was there a band called Hagrid or Muggle as well?
Laughing

50Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
Roger Chapman/Family were everywhere and I still like their pop hit "Rollin and Tumblin ain't done me no harm..." that I can never remember the title of but had a classic riff.

Burlesque. Great tune. I love it too and here's a link:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJ1XKdXXZjDc&ei=MjlqVOmHHYugyASky4HwAw&usg=AFQjCNFHxwgvB-2kWSxsYPhvnrvt1P26lg&sig2=TYOJ9pZ6Z2D4nq4XmKC3Vg&bvm=bv.79142246,d.cWc

51Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:18

Seeing as this thread has gone the way of so many others and completely altered in nature and become an "I always liked X" thread for us old bastards, I'm going to stake a claim for The SAHB.

And let's not forget that without, AH, we would never have got Bon Scott.

52Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Kasabian are very good. 
Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Smileyslaughing_lol_dielaughing_100-100 It must be a generational thing.
I agree with this. I've never even heard of half the bands mentioned on here. You should check out the Foo Fighters bonce. They're a great band, you and bread would love them. Right up your street.  Very Happy

53Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:30

Seen The Foos eight times (once in Vegas.)

Possibly my all time favourite band.

54Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mick Abrahams, guitar on first Tull album had a fall out with Ian Anderson and formed Blodwyn Pig.
I think I may have seen Gryndrolog as support for Cat Stevens at the FTH, but not 100% on that.
Somebody mentioned Foo Fighters, I quite enjoy some of their stuff and Grohl tilts his hat at some quality stuff as influences.
My fave band from that Seattle scene is Pearl Jam.

55Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Seen The Foos eight times (once in Vegas.)

Possibly my all time favourite band.
I would love to see them live. Never had the chance unfortunately.

56Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always wanted to see U2 live in Ireland, loved the concert at Slane Castle a few years back and wished I was there!

I have to admit that I have never been to a live concert, I remember paying for 4 tickets to see Robbie Williams (I know what your all thinking!) in Bangkok a few years back and then Thailand decided to have a coup so he pulled out and made the excuse that he was ill.

I lost around £40 in fees overall having to have the money refunded back on my debit card.

57Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 18:58

Absolutely stunning live.

I've seen very few bands who actually sound better live than on vinyl / CD but the Foos certainly tick that box.

If you ever get the chance, mate, go and see 'em.

58Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:I always wanted to see U2 live in Ireland, loved the concert at Slane Castle a few years back and wished I was there!

I have to admit that I have never been to a live concert, I remember paying for 4 tickets to see Robbie Williams (I know what your all thinking!) in Bangkok a few years back and then Thailand decided to have a coup so he pulled out and made the excuse that he was ill.

I lost around £40 in fees overall having to have the money refunded back on my debit card.
Why would you spend £40 on Robbie Williams tickets? Were you pissed when you bought them? Either way I'm sure he did you a favour not turning up.

59Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Absolutely stunning live.

I've seen very few bands who actually sound better live than on vinyl / CD but the Foos certainly tick that box.

If you ever get the chance, mate, go and see 'em.
It's at the top of my bucket list bread. Probably never get the chance but I live in hope.

60Most Overrated Song - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:I always wanted to see U2 live in Ireland, loved the concert at Slane Castle a few years back and wished I was there!

Why would you spend £40 on Robbie Williams tickets? Were you pissed when you bought them? Either way I'm sure he did you a favour not turning up.
There was a group of friends who wanted to go so I thought I would join them at the time as I had never been to a concert.

The tickets were around £30 each but only managed to get around 2 thirds of the money back due to losing on the exchange rate and the Thai ticket master fees on top which at the time were a joke.

I have to say that I have still never been to see anyone live, you could say it has put me off bothering with it all! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum