Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Overrated Song

+17
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
B.D.P
wanderlust
okocha
rammywhite
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
xmiles
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this thread proves that Nuts members have the worst music taste in the world.

62Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think this thread proves that Nuts members have the worst music taste in the world.
What music do you like Nat? Smile

63Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:44

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I think this thread proves that Nuts members have the worst music taste in the world.
What music do you like Nat? Smile

KD Lang probably........

64Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 19:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

KD Lang probably........

Why?

65Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 20:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I always wanted to see U2 live in Ireland, loved the concert at Slane Castle a few years back and wished I was there!

I have to admit that I have never been to a live concert, I remember paying for 4 tickets to see Robbie Williams (I know what your all thinking!) in Bangkok a few years back and then Thailand decided to have a coup so he pulled out and made the excuse that he was ill.

I lost around £40 in fees overall having to have the money refunded back on my debit card.
 never been to a live gig! i despair KP, I'm in my forties but i go to gigs all the time, especially this time of year, its always gig season in October and November. Music is my passion and i love discovering new bands and musicians.

66Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 20:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

KD Lang probably........

Why?

Dowdy, sour-faced lesbian who dislikes men intensely.

Thought her work might resonate with you, love.......

(And I'm with Mr Pig regarding Kasabian. One or two decent tunes but you get a lot of dross and filler on their albums. And they ain't too clever live, either.....)

67Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 20:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

KD Lang probably........

Why?

from memory Nat loves hip hop, did you ever listen to Ratking and Young Fathers by the way?

68Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 21:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Admittedly kasabian have made some shit songs but I've put 20 odd songs on a cd that I could listen to over and over. Similarly you would probably say oasis were shit as well but I liked a lot of their stuff. It was the soundtrack to my youth. Chase & Status are good as well.

69Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 21:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone like odd future? Smile

70Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Mon Nov 17 2014, 21:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Absolutely stunning live.

I've seen very few bands who actually sound better live than on vinyl / CD but the Foos certainly tick that box.

If you ever get the chance, mate, go and see 'em.
27.05.15. Old Trafford Cricket Ground. shit venue alas.

71Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:08

The sound's apparently shite at OT, perhaps that's what you were getting at, SK.

(Not just the Utd link Laughing  )

It's a flat arena and it just wafts away........

The last time The Foos played there it was about 50 quid a ticket and I said "Fuck that!"

It was about 12 quid the first time I saw them back when I was still a young man.

The best one was when we went to see Taylor Hawkins' band in Las Vegas (purely by chance because we were there and he was on) and Dave Grohl and Nate Mendel got up and joined them on stage and made it an almost Foos gig.

It was a small place (can't even remember the name) and the roof almost came off - they're the best gigs.

And it was about eight quid to get in........

72Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:15

Boggersbelief wrote:Does anyone like odd future? Smile

On the whole I much prefer 90's hip hop but do like some Odd future stuff. Loved Goblin when it came out and Hodgy's first untitled EP, he's got a more laid back style than Tylor which is more my taste. Earl Sweatshirt's talented too.

Also like Frank Ocean's first mixtape and some of Chanel Orange.

Favourite track is Oldie though, without a doubt -

73Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Does anyone like odd future? Smile

On the whole I much prefer 90's hip hop but do like some Odd future stuff. Loved Goblin when it came out and Hodgy's first untitled EP, he's got a more laid back style than Tylor which is more my taste. Earl Sweatshirt's talented too.

Also like Frank Ocean's first mixtape and some of Chanel Orange.

Favourite track is Oldie though, without a doubt -

So glad someone else has actually heard of them. 

They're fucking awesome, well when I say they I mean tyler, earl and frank.. Not keen on the rest they are nowhere near as talented and live off tyler a bit.

Agree about oldie, love that. And also this 

74Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 00:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And this

75Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 01:06

Utter fucking bollocks!

Speaking fast and saying "motherfucker" and "fuck" and "kidnap" and "bitch" a lot does not good rap / hip hop make.

No wonder kids today are all fucked up if all they've got is this shit or X Factor.......

Now this, on the other hand, is rap........

76Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 01:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought you'd have liked OF tbh bread

77Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 01:21

Sorry, mate.

Back then the swearing was all about getting a point across, more often than not a political one.

Black people in America were being treated like second class citizens for a hundred years and why...?

Because they were black.

Chuck D, Kane and (early) NWA got that.

Rap music in the 80's was a continuation of a political movement that started in the 60's with MLK and the Panthers and it brought about real change.

These pricks nowadays who just bang on about "bitches" and how much cash they've got are doing their forebears a massive disservice.

I can see it and I'm a middle-aged white English bloke!

And it sounds shit....... Very Happy

78Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 01:45

But let's never forget that it was always, only ever ......strictly business.

79Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 09:02

Strictly business is one of the great hip hop albums and I do agree about Odd future on a lot of their tracks but Oldie has a bit of Wu Tang about it, who loved nothing more than to rap about money and violence but are undoubtedly one of the most influential groups ever. Hip hop moved away from politics a long time ago and most of the best stuff from the 90s has no political undertone to it.

What's good about OF compared to most modern hip hop its that it isn't conpletely over produced and featuring the likes of Nikki Minaj.

80Most Overrated Song - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Overrated Song Tue Nov 18 2014, 12:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:The sound's apparently shite at OT, perhaps that's what you were getting at, SK.

(Not just the Utd link Laughing  )

It's a flat arena and it just wafts away........

The last time The Foos played there it was about 50 quid a ticket and I said "Fuck that!"

It was about 12 quid the first time I saw them back when I was still a young man.

The best one was when we went to see Taylor Hawkins' band in Las Vegas (purely by chance because we were there and he was on) and Dave Grohl and Nate Mendel got up and joined them on stage and made it an almost Foos gig.

It was a small place (can't even remember the name) and the roof almost came off - they're the best gigs.

And it was about eight quid to get in........
Old Trafford Cricket Ground, not football. Nowhere to go if it pisses down and no doubt £70 to £80 quid for the privilege!!
Arena, may be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum