Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Killing in the name of religion

+9
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
White84
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:20

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Racists how dare you it's just the odd loon.How dare you insult Islam the Religon of peace.

42Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:26

84, if you think what happened today had anything to do with religion, you need to stop and think for a minute.

It was very much an act of political terrorism and had cock all to do with religion.

43Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:41

White84 wrote:Racists how dare you it's just the odd loon.How dare you insult Islam the Religon of peace.

Massive difference between the racism you spout on here and the views given on this thread. Don't turn this into another row because any sane person would agree that you've crossed the line far too many times on here.

Personally I agree with Bread's point of view, that religion is just used to cover a political agenda, same as what's happening on the Gaza strip. It's an interesting debate either way though which doesn't need to be dragged into racism.

44Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Religion. It's beyond parody.

45Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Look at the Bin Laden situation.

The Yanks spent years and billions of dollars trying to find him and it turns out he was living in Pakistan in pretty much plain sight (about a mile from their military academy of all places) all along.

Who knew....?

Well if you ask me, the Pakistan government for one - how could they have not known?

It's about time they came under some proper scrutiny from the international political community and were made to take more responsibility for dealing with some of the less savoury elements within their society.

As I've already said on this forum, the vast majority of the terror training camps that used to be in Afghanistan have been moved over the border into Pakistan and everybody knows it but because Pakistan has "played the game" and was until 2013 a member of the UN Security Council, nobody has challenged them too much about it for some odd reason.

It's time for the gloves to come off - Pakistan is a corrupt, 3rd world dump which harbours terrorists and religious nutters.

Summat needs to be done.

Pretty much spot on. Once the Yanks located Bin Laden they had no intention of notifying the Stani authorities because they couldn't be trusted. That's why the Yanks went in unannounced and cancelled Bin Laden's cheque.
A large number of Madrassas in Pakistan are hotbeds for revolutionists and disaffected barmpots who are easily brainwashed into thinking a better life awaits them after disposing of a few Kuffars.
Pakistan was far more stable under Pervez Musharraf but he was a marked man after his military coup because he is a Sunni and was and still is hated by the Shia majority.

This shit is going to run and run and it's only a matter of time before we take another hit here in Blighty.

46Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 19:01

Was it just me who thought the whole, 'we caught Bin Laden' scenario was a bit shady? 

Why on earth was there no picture of the body? I see no reason to just take the Americans word for it. I've never seen any evidence to suggest they didn't do as they said, but equally I've never seen anything that says they did.

47Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 19:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Was it just me who thought the whole, 'we caught Bin Laden' scenario was a bit shady? 

Why on earth was there no picture of the body? I see no reason to just take the Americans word for it. I've never seen any evidence to suggest they didn't do as they said, but equally I've never seen anything that says they did.

They did release footage of his cadaver and it was obviously him. I think the Yanks took the view that it was best simply to exterminate him to avoid a lengthy court case involving years of legal action. Bin Laden is now with the fishes. Best place for him as well.

48Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 19:22

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Was it just me who thought the whole, 'we caught Bin Laden' scenario was a bit shady? 

They did release footage of his cadaver and it was obviously him. I think the Yanks took the view that it was best simply to exterminate him to avoid a lengthy court case involving years of legal action. Bin Laden is now with the fishes. Best place for him as well.

Not sure they did actually, RT.

I seem to remember them putting some distance between the "alleged" Bin Laden body pics and themselves.

I thought they'd said they didn't want to cause any offence by publishing photos and they buried him at sea sharpish with full Islamic rites in order to stop the body becoming something of political "football", as it were.

It did all sound a bit fishy at the time though, so I agree a bit with 1874.

Bit like there being no film of the plane hitting the Pentagon on 9/11......

49Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 19:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well the Yanks left one of their damaged helicopters in Bin Ladens compound in Bottybad ( probably from the curry) so I think it's safe to say that they got the job done. The Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden has since broken cover and now makes a living as an after dinner speaker.

50Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not for the faint hearted but I'm pretty sure the analysts have confirmed that the images are of the same person.

Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 15cnklc

51Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:42

Sorry, RT but they've been pretty much discredited as a "cut and paste" job:

Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Osama-not-buried-at-sea-WikiLeaks.jpg

I'm not saying they didn't bust a cap in his ass (or forehead if we're being anatomically correct), I just think it's a bit odd that there aren't any "official" photos knocking about.

But then again, they've explained why there aren't any, so we've just got to take their word.

52Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:45

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I thought the images were never released, even after a freedom of information request. Most people are of the opinion that the pictures are fakes. Let's face it, with technology these days you can fake any picture you want really. I'm not sure why they would though. I was also under the impression the body was buried at sea so it wouldn't become a shrine to his followers. Maybe I'm just talking bollocks, I don't know.

53Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It made sense to bury his body at sea because it meant there would never be a shrine made of his final resting place, plus the bin men were on strike in Bottybad at the time.

54Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Tue Dec 16 2014, 21:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

55Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 01:28

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's what I said how dare you insult the Religon of peace ! It's just the odd loon can't win on here.
BM go look at some space dust,74 you go smoke some.
Don't be a tad miffed Breadman where is your telescope really pointing.affraid
:ninja: Flights to Syria one way free on the National Health one in the head another one dead  :uk: All terrorists ::bigmachinegun:: get behind our troops.
Let's stop pussyfooting about help for heroes👏 Kill them all let God sort them out.

56Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 09:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

White84 wrote:That's what I said how dare you insult the Religon of peace ! It's just the odd loon can't win on here.
BM go look at some space dust,74 you go smoke some.
Don't be a tad miffed Breadman where is your telescope really pointing.affraid
:ninja: Flights to Syria one way free on the National Health one in the head another one dead  :uk: All terrorists ::bigmachinegun:: get behind our troops.
Let's stop pussyfooting about help for heroes👏 Kill them all let God sort them out.
I can't work you out 84. WUM or racist? I'm not sure. I can't work out what you're trying to say half the time because the structure of your sentences are strange. If you could make a little more effort so I can understand you it would be appreciated. :good:

57Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 10:01

It almost sounds like beat poetry if you read it in the right way. 

But I'm pretty sure it's just bullshit.

58Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 10:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Military School massacre was a massive PR blunder by the Taliban and the Pakistani Government's tolerance of them will be sorely tested at last.
It's well known that they have sympathisers in the Government but an inhumane act like slaughtering children - Muslim children - may marginalise support for the Taliban.
The death toll is currently 132 children and 9 teachers.

This act could be significant as I suspect some sympathisers like the idea of putting one over on the decadent and immoral imperialist Westerners, but they will be forced to balance the relative immorality after what has happened in Peshawar.

Difficult to assess the reaction of the Pakistani people because most are reticent to say anything that could be construed as being anti-Islamic which both murder and immorality are - they'll have to choose the lesser of two evils.

The best outcome would be for Government and religious leaders in Pakistan to come out and declare the Taliban as anti-Islamic - but that won't happen as the war against the West is considered pro-Islamic

59Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 11:01

Unfortunately whilst the US continue drone attacks in Pakistan there's always going to be Taliban sympathisers, as the US are killing scores of children and innocents themselves.

60Killing in the name of religion - Page 3 Empty Re: Killing in the name of religion Wed Dec 17 2014, 11:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It almost sounds like beat poetry if you read it in the right way. 

But I'm pretty sure it's just bullshit.

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum