Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's happened to Dougie Freedman?

+14
JAH
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
rammywhite
bryan458
rogercpc
observer
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
karlypants
NickFazer
doffcocker
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Usually when we give a manager the boot, they're in every newspaper, every football talk show, explaining why they're the best thing that's happened to Bolton Wanderers, and how they're just playing it cool for now, waiting for that inevitable phone call from Real Madrid.

Not Dougie. I don't believe we've heard a peep out of him since the night Fulham did us a favour and battered us 4-0. And he's not been without his critics that a lot of people would have retaliated to.

I have to say I respect him for having that bit of class and dignity. I wish him well.

Where do we think he'll end up? Or have we scared him away from football for good?

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He could have got back into work straight away, I believe Orient wanted him but he decided against it. Maybe he's licking his wounds somewhere, but he was asked to do some coaching with the Scottish youth set up a while back. 

There is little point in bearing grudges and he probably did his best, it didn't work out in the end for anyone so it was the right decision to move on. If he gets another chance I hope it goes well for him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's probably just taking a bit of time out before jumping back in to the managerial game I reckon.

I heard him and Sammy Lee go round to Megson's place once a week, get pissed and stick pins in Gartside dolls.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's eyeing up the Wigan job

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I reckon he will turn up at a lower league side somewhere in london before the end of the season.

Though if any future employers hear some of the things that went on in our training ground, under his regime, it will probably scare them off.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He went on Jeremy Kyle a while ago with Owen Coyle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NickFazer wrote:He could have got back into work straight away, I believe Orient wanted him but he decided against it. Maybe he's licking his wounds somewhere, but he was asked to do some coaching with the Scottish youth set up a while back. 

There is little point in bearing grudges and he probably did his best, it didn't work out in the end for anyone so it was the right decision to move on. If he gets another chance I hope it goes well for him.
He may lose his parachute payment from Bolton if he works elsewhere... and perhaps he is just taking the money and recuperating.  The best to him and wish him luck in the future.  As for us, I hope we can keep NL for some time.  He is getting so much more out of the same players DF had.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The following is true. 
Around four or  five weeks ago, I was in the changing room at Southgate swimming pool, in North London, getting changed after a swim, and I eavesdropped on the following conversation.

"How's Dougie then?"
                             "He is OK, he is just resting at the moment!"

"Didn't take the Orient job then!"

"No he felt the time, wasn't right, and besides he has been managing for four
 years straight without a holiday, first Palace and then Bolton! He also said he had enough money in his bank account not to work for a while!" Surprised

10What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 10:43

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's been pulled back into his own reality, you know, the one were his team gets utterly mullered 4-0 but dominates the game??????

11What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 11:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He'll end up managing overseas- America or the Gulf
Or Stenhousemuir- they're looking for a new manager

12What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 11:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's presently undergoing a course of psychiatric therapy to cure his tendency towards delusion and denial.

After that, he's booked in for a personality and charisma transplant.

13What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Comes across as a decent guy, liked him. Hope he lands on his feet. Probably will have to take a lower league job to repair things.

14What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 20:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebulaer wrote:Comes across as a decent guy, like#s hatd him. Hope he lands on his eet. Probably will have to take a lower league job to repair things.
He's a bully, he's a manager who thinks he is better than he actually is, He studied coaching in Italy, perhaps that's his problem, who the fuck picks a team 3 weeks in advance, sorry but unless he changes his mindset, he will be long term unemployed, utter cvnt of a manager.

15What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Sun Dec 07 2014, 21:51

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm with Martin on this one. By all accounts he wasn't a nice man. He'll be another like Megson that won't work again. And like Megsons handling of Campo leaving Dickhead Dougie made a similar balls up with the handling of another Wanderers legend in SKD. Both of them were poisonous for our club. I hope he can't get another job again. In fact I can't see him being successful anywhere. Tony Popovic was the brains behind his operation and without him Freedman will always be awful.

16What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 11:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman was only a bully according to the ponces he axed or marginalised - players like Eagles who were playing poorly in the Championship but demanded Premiership wages. The other players he brought in or promoted thought he was the mutz nutz as far as I'm aware.
All very subjective and predictable.
It's funny how when a manager leaves, all those he upset come out of the woodwork and have a go. Lack of class IMO.

17What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 11:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Freedman was only a bully according to the ponces he axed or marginalised - players like Eagles who were playing poorly in the Championship but demanded Premiership wages. The other players he brought in or promoted thought he was the mutz nutz as far as I'm aware.
It's funny how when a manager leaves, all those he upset come out of the woodwork and have a go. Lack of class IMO.
There's been some back handed swipes coming out of current players mouths too though, as in most interviews the players are actually saying how much better it is now.

18What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 11:28

JAH wrote:I'm with Martin on this one. By all accounts he wasn't a nice man. He'll be another like Megson that won't work again. And like Megsons handling of Campo leaving Dickhead Dougie made a similar balls up with the handling of another Wanderers legend in SKD. Both of them were poisonous for our club. I hope he can't get another job again. In fact I can't see him being successful anywhere. Tony Popovic was the brains behind his operation and without him Freedman will always be awful.

I find it strange that you have such hatred for somebody you've never met, you hope he can't get another job? That really is quite pathetic.

Davies wasn't treated with any disrespect by Freedman, he quite rightly wasn't offered a new contract and didn't take it well. Freedman made a decision based on the team and it was the correct one nothing to do with disrespectful.

This comment only goes to show why you could never be objective about the club during his tenure, a personal hatred for a man you've never met. Very poor.

19What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 11:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

So you'd publically slag off your manager while he was still in the job?

20What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: What's happened to Dougie Freedman? Mon Dec 08 2014, 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Freedman was only a bully according to the ponces he axed or marginalised - players like Eagles who were playing poorly in the Championship but demanded Premiership wages. The other players he brought in or promoted thought he was the mutz nutz as far as I'm aware.
There's been some back handed swipes coming out of current players mouths too though, as in most interviews the players are actually saying how much better it is now.

Do the players omitted and marginalised by Lennon get to do interviews? I don't think so, but they'll be out in force when he moves on.
It's all subjective so player comments tend to say more about the player than the manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum